How to know what the objective is?

LoveInHell

I started playing this game recently, I have come to chapter two now; I solved the first case of a murder. I arrived at the town and have access to every area on the map I believe.

I am stuck on what to do now. I know I'm supposed to investigate but I have no idea where to go, what exactly to do. I have like these "markers" at the map but they don't really give me anything. I went to the paper building for an interview, went to the police station, I investigated the headquarters fully and went to a big white building but at none of these locations I got nothing to do, it seems. How am I supposed to play this game?

Did you get the Burned Newspaper evidence via Mind Palace Deduction from the newspaper archives? Once you pick the correct categories, you should get Casebook Task: Ship Freight Advertisement in which you need to go to Oakmont City Port and investigate Pier 3.

Good luck~

If you get stuck later, you can always look at a text or video walkthrough.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Personally I really like what the dev is going for here... I think we are all too accustomed to be handed waypoints to mindlessly follow, from one to the other without having to mind what it is your doing, or what you have to do once your there. I didn’t realize how much I crutched on that til’ I hit the same roadblock OP did. I like how it makes you set the waypoints yourself, and prior that having to use the archives to even have the clue.

Im guessing gamers are likely split on this tho.

• 2 years later...

I’m currently playing this game and set the difficulty to the middle which provides zero hand holding. You really need to be able to pay attention to details, read the items you pick up, search every inch for evidence, listen for the music cues so you know when to use your power, and definitely need to have good critical thinking skills. If you are truly struggling already, I’d suggest turning down the difficulty so that you get more cues, hints, or notifications for mission progression. 

/e I just noticed how old OP’s post is lmao and looks like he quit the game soon after the post.  Welp, point remains for any new players struggling in a similar manner.

Edited by RAGEKlTTEN