GTA IV The Ballad Of gay Tony 100% all missions.

NMD1

• 4 weeks later...

I found each mission to be quite easy to 100%, no more than 2 tries were needed to get 100% on each mission. Not having to do each target in one run makes this trophy super easy. If you look on the "other site", there's a thread stickied in the GTA section, which is a guide to 100% completing every mission, courtesy of yours truly.

I'd also tell you that Cheats do not effect trophies, so if you get in a pinch, try spawning yourself some body armor and a P90.

Note that the cheats can't be used during the missions, in between them is totally fine.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

gettin 100% in all missions is not hard and not easy. It is time consuming and it will take you several tries to clear some conditions. I encourage you to watch the videos on youtube and try to copy them when you play (that is what I did to get the trophy). But, you have to know that it will take you a lot of time to get all of them done.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

There's a very simple reason this is the rarest trophy you can earn in GTA4...it is very hard and time consuming.

If you can actually 100% every mission in only two runs, it's probably because you already spent loads of times playing each mission to get that good, or you just happen to be in the top 0.1% of players who play this game. Even if you could do that, it's still playing through 26 missions twice each, which would probably take an absolute minimum of 6-8 hours.

I still don't have the gold star myself but I can tell you that getting the velvet rope took me 15-20 hours and I still have like 15 missions to 100% for gold star.

Some objectives are pretty hard. I've tried about 20 times now for the "Follow Close" checkmark in mission "NO. 3" and still don't have it. I'm not the only person to have problems with this. When you factor in the 2 mins of driving to the mission each time you want to retry it, it gets pretty dull and frustrating.

The trophy is pretty much the final "fuck you" from the people who designed the trophies for this game. Nobody wants to go through all this work for a lousy bronze trophy or 30 points. But if you don't get the trophy (especially if you have any other DLC trophies since that means you lose the plausible deniablitiy of "don''t have the dlc's) you need to get this trophy to prove you're not just a scrub with enough time on his hands to platinum gta4 but not enough skill to 100%.

There are definitely many games out there that are easier to platinum from scratch than the amount of playtime required to earn velvet rope and gold star.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

There's a very simple reason this is the rarest trophy you can earn in GTA4...it is very hard and time consuming.

It may be the rarest trophy in the game, but that's simply because it's a trophy for DLC that's loaded into every game (DLC or not) of GTA IV when you start it up. If you take the most common BoGT trophy, Diamonds Forever, it has a 18% trophy rate. I'll add a few percent to make it more realistic...

100/20 = 5, meaning roughly 1 in 5 players own (or have played a bit of) TBoGT. Gold Star has a 1.15% trophy rate.

1.15 x 5 = 5.75% trophy rate out of the people who own TBoGT.

Anyway, good luck with that Gold Star trophy :). I got the platinum last August and want to get the DLC trophies for 100%. You can do it.

It may be the rarest trophy in the game, but that's simply because it's a trophy for DLC

I do get that but if you look at this particular game Gold Sar and Velvet Rope are the only DLC trophies you can get that are rarer than the plat. All the other DLC trophies are less rare than trophies like AWP and Wanted (without any computations required), but I do agree if Gold Star was non DLC and required for platinum it would be less rare than AWP or Wanted.

But I don't think it's a fuck you anymore, you know, now that I have it...I like getting rare trophies haha.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i have a tip for missions that require high accuracy. whilst playing 'Going Deep' i noticed that your explosives are your best bet. dont use any other weapons during the mission! simply hit every vehicle entering the parking area with an explosive (1 after another). with that 'technique' i got 100% accuracy. 

one more thing, when you've destroyed all opposing forces, run up to the parking area entry, equip your grenade launcher and destroy the spuad vehicle coming from the left. let your teammates kill the agents on the right side. after the agents are dead, enter the left fbi buffalo and drive home with sirens on.

Edited by JFthebestJan
  • Like 1

personally didn't find the missions too hard to %100...did them when they first came out when there were no guides available so had to figure out what some of the achievements meant on my own... aside from a few of them had all of them done within 5 tries... the fact that they stack is quite convenient... had to look for driving shortcuts on my own which helped pass some of the times... enjoyed the game plenty at that time as well so had no problem repeating the missions...I found the pistol useful for some of the accuracy ones...headshots are always the way to go with GTA IV... there are some good guides which show how to %100 them on YouTube as well... if you search for the ones your having trouble with guarantee you'll find ways to pass them without too much trouble...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working my way through these right now. Other than being time consuming I'm not having much difficulty and I'm halfway through. Just replaying them in order. The .44 is perfect for headshots, explosive shotgun and alternate routes help massively with speedruns. Just do it gradually and it doesn't stress you too much! I tend to have music on in the background and I'm alternating between 100%ing a mission and doing the drug wars and base jumps. Breaks it up a little bit! If there is a mission in particular you are stuck on then try a video guide, or at a push just aim for one objective at a time.

Good luck!

I'm working my way through these right now. Other than being time consuming I'm not having much difficulty and I'm halfway through. Just replaying them in order. The .44 is perfect for headshots, explosive shotgun and alternate routes help massively with speedruns. Just do it gradually and it doesn't stress you too much! I tend to have music on in the background and I'm alternating between 100%ing a mission and doing the drug wars and base jumps. Breaks it up a little bit! If there is a mission in particular you are stuck on then try a video guide, or at a push just aim for one objective at a time.

Good luck!

this... best answer... thread closed... haha...

• Like 3

Good luck!

I'll second this. But OP there are a few you should be aware of such as the No.3 mission with the carpark. The " followed close " requirement  is a little funny might take you 5+ tries to get it. Kibbutz No.1, the " boat damage " requirement is also a tad glitchy. I remember when I did it, I kept getting 62 66 68 percent damage, whilst on a few no bullets hit me. The splash effect from the sticky bombs when you blow up the boats causes allot of it if you're too close.  Make sure you fall back a bit before you detonate. There were times I was a good distance and I was still finishing above 60%, hence why i said it's a tad glitchy.  Caught With Your Pants Down, the " sharpshooter " requirement might take you a few if free aim isn't your strong suit. Other than that it's pretty simple, just knock each requirement out one at a time, some you can manage 2+, but save the speed runs on some of them for the end. I enjoyed this game allot, and I hope they made an upscaled port for the PS4.

EDIT: If you do it right save " Blog This " for the end of your 100% replay checklist, and you'll get the 80% and 100% trophies together. Well just noticed this thread is almost 4 years old lol. OP hasn't been back in over 3 years. Oh well.

Edited by CaptSteve81
  • Like 1