North American Release?!?!

I'm confused.  I thought I saw this on the PS blog a few weeks ago.

Edit http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/22/broken-sword-the-serpents-curse-on-ps-vita/

Also from the wiki

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse is the fifth title in the Broken Sword series of adventure video games, developed and published by Revolution Software, for Microsoft WindowsOS XLinuxAndroidiOS and PlayStation Vita. The game is being released in two episodes: the first was made available on 4 December 2013; the second will be released in January 2014
Edited by Sonic

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt we are getting a North American release any time soon. :\

There hasn't been an announcement for any NA release for the Vita just for Europe.

Though we can get it on PC.

There has been a very awkward release trend with the Broken Sword series on consoles since Broken Sword 3.

The first two have been released every which way but with Sony they were on Playstation 1 in North America.

BS3 was released for all systems(?) in Europe. But only PCs and XBoxs in North America and only PS2 for Japan.

BS4 was never released on consoles just the PC.

BS5 is out for PCs and only for the Vita in Europe (atm?) but have releases coming to Android and iOS.

So basically Broken Sword hasn't gotten a lot of love outside of Europe on Sony's consoles :\

Edited by Technatorium

I doubt we are getting a North American release any time soon. :\

There hasn't been an announcement for any NA release for the Vita just for Europe.

Though we can get it on PC.

There has been a very awkward release trend with the Broken Sword series on consoles since Broken Sword 3.

The first two have been released every which way but with Sony they were on Playstation 1 in North America.

BS3 was released for all systems(?) in Europe. But only PCs and XBoxs in North America and only PS2 for Japan.

BS4 was never released on consoles just the PC.

BS5 is out for PCs and only for the Vita in Europe (atm?) but have releases coming to Android and iOS.

So basically Broken Sword hasn't gotten a lot of love outside of Europe on Sony's consoles :\

Um, what? Did you not see the link I got from the North American PS blog regarding Broken Sword 5? 

Um, what? Did you not see the link I got from the North American PS blog regarding Broken Sword 5?

I know. I read the post you linked,

A few things though to consider.

1. The majority of what is written in that linked post is the basic history of the broken sword franchise, the current game and some other random trivia.

2. There is NO mention of a release/date in the USA.

3. All that is mentioned is that the game will be released for the VITA not what regions or price or anything.

Look I wish it comes to NA but I do not take a post from Aug of 2013 as fact it will be release on North American shores.

We know it is in english since it is out in Europe as of December 2013 (part 1).

If they were serious about releasing in North America I would think they would have said something when they released in Europe.

Maybe they are waiting for both parts to be released before it drops on NA? I dont know.

But, I am not holding my breath.

Edit: If this is to believed.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/68123935

Not a lot of detail. Could drop late january but I have yet to see anything from Revolution.

Edit #2

Ah found this.

http://tonyrevdev.tumblr.com/post/72458358689/schools-back-laptops-open-on-the-list-ios

Vita USA submission.

Looks like it is in the process. Guess we will have to wait and see how long that will take.

Edited by Technatorium

• 2 weeks later...