Spraragen88

Can someone explain how Zombies works this year?

4 posts in this topic

I've not played a lot of Zombies because I get bored with 'round based' stuff where it's basically just Horde mode with shitty hitboxes and it never feels as smooth as playing MP or even Campaign. 

Then I heard this year there is no round based stuff. Does that mean it finally plays more like Left 4 Dead? Where you have a map and have to make it through from point A to B, doing small goals along the way? 

I think that although there will be no round based maps this time around the actual zombies mechanics will be pretty similar. 

The game mode however (if I recall correctly) will play more like an objective based mode where you complete tasks and expand the main area of the map.

Looking at the zombies trophies they don’t seem too challenging at all, a few you will most likely get through normal gameplay while acquiring upgrades for your character with a few of the other trophies requiring you to use the 4 different field upgrades to kill zombies a certain way. The last 2 just require you too kill zombies, 2500 kills with a level 3 Pack-A-Punch weapon and 10,000 total kills by any means which won’t take long at all. 

Hope this helps! :)

18 hours ago, JammyWizard said:

I think that although there will be no round based maps this time around the actual zombies mechanics will be pretty similar. 

The game mode however (if I recall correctly) will play more like an objective based mode where you complete tasks and expand the main area of the map.

Looking at the zombies trophies they don’t seem too challenging at all, a few you will most likely get through normal gameplay while acquiring upgrades for your character with a few of the other trophies requiring you to use the 4 different field upgrades to kill zombies a certain way. The last 2 just require you too kill zombies, 2500 kills with a level 3 Pack-A-Punch weapon and 10,000 total kills by any means which won’t take long at all. 

Hope this helps! :)

Appreciate the info as i too thought this was round base zombie fashion from years past (making this an automatic skip for me).

The new Zombie mode is the system from Outbreak. You have to fo into portals clear missions to go in the next round.