What games do you like replaying?

Sunny

SKYRIM! I’ve played countless times on multiple consoles, good news for me! Anniversary edition next week ? I’ve not looked forward to a game in a long time. And I think when Bugsnax DLC comes out I’ll probably play that for the 3rd time. I really enjoyed that game. Once I finish a game or get the trophies I want to get, I find it hard to keep that replay factor. I was going to play mass effect legendary edition multiple times but I stopped playing a while back and can’t pick it back up. It’s added to the backlog ? shame.. I will get back into it at some point. I done well during first lockdown to get through my backlog 

• Like 3

Soulsbourne

My friend and I have a budding tradition where we play the saga at this time of year so that we end up in Cainhurst right before xmas.

Sadly this year we started too early/played too well this year and finished DS3 weeks ago. Now we're just biding our time to start Bloodborne.

Also we make gross characature characters with amusing names. Damn DS2 for showing PSN names instead of character names.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Super Mario World and Persona 4

My boyfriend plays classic Mario almost every weekend it's so much fun and easy to pick up and play, I'm still salty that we didn't get P4Golden for PS4 I played the original so many times back in the day.

14 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

SKYRIM! I’ve played countless times on multiple consoles, good news for me! Anniversary edition next week 1f601.png I’ve not looked forward to a game in a long time. And I think when Bugsnax DLC comes out I’ll probably play that for the 3rd time. I really enjoyed that game. Once I finish a game or get the trophies I want to get, I find it hard to keep that replay factor. I was going to play mass effect legendary edition multiple times but I stopped playing a while back and can’t pick it back up. It’s added to the backlog ? shame.. I will get back into it at some point. I done well during first lockdown to get through my backlog 

Hey no shame in that, Skyrim is vast and each playthrough feels different, some games just click with us and no matter how many times we play it's always a blast.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FeindlicheKrabbe said:

Hi, i like to revisit Dead by Daylight after long breaks, there's always something new when i return so that's cool. I also go back to GTA Online and other multiplayer games occasionally. Good night.

Hi there, despite the fact that I'm very casual in the multiplayer scenario I know that the good thing about it is the events and how the devs always spice things up with new updates and all that so it's good go back and see what has changed,  good night thanks for sharing.

18 minutes ago, DiamondAN-94 said:

Kingdom hearts 2 is probably the only game I still play after getting the platinum. Speed ran it. Got the platinum on level 1 (not counting level 99 trophy). Got the platinum more times I can count. Absolute masterpiece 

Couldn't possibly agree more, Kingdom Hearts means so much to me that I have 3 tattoos based on the franchise, this year I'll replay Kingdom Hearts 3 and do a level 1 kingdom key only, can't wait, Kingdom Hearts 2 I played the heck out of it since the PS2 days then one day I got my hands ln a Final Mix version only in Japanese and still did everything I could minus data Demyx, he was a bitch.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DordorTheSwift said:

Soulsbourne

My friend and I have a budding tradition where we play the saga at this time of year so that we end up in Cainhurst right before xmas.

Sadly this year we started too early/played too well this year and finished DS3 weeks ago. Now we're just biding our time to start Bloodborne.

Also we make gross characature characters with amusing names. Damn DS2 for showing PSN names instead of character names.

That's a very good idea, sounds like a lot of fun with a friend, I love soulsborne games, I want to go back to Bloodborne for the DLC shame on me but I never got around playing it.

24 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Hey no shame in that, Skyrim is vast and each playthrough feels different, some games just click with us and no matter how many times we play it's always a blast.

Yeah :) And Fable from Xbox. 
Detroit become human, mass effect and a few others are my favourite genre to replay because each play through is very different. 
In Skyrim, I try to incorporate a magic build but I’m just a hack and slasher, archery master so old habits die hard. Like you say, it’s always a blast. Cannot express how excited I am to play again, not so excited to get the old fishing rod out again ? seems fishing is the new quirky thing for games to add.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

NBA Jam and Dreams are my go-to’s. Recently put an Arcade 1UP NBA Jam & Hangtime arcade in the kitchen for a quick go. Dreams because there’s always something new, fun, and creative people are making.

I always wanted to have an arcade cabinet but my current apartment is the size of a matchbox so there's no room for it, next year we'll actually move to a bigger house and that is on my list it's a childhood dream to have one of those with classic fighters, but the cabinets are usually pretty expensive where I live.

• Like 1

Kingdom Hearts 2/3, GTAV, RDR2, BioShock Infinite, Witcher 3.

I replay them probably once, maybe twice, a year. Just about a third of my year is spent replaying games I love lol. GTAV I just finished #15, RDR2 I just finished #8, Inifinite is definitely in the double digits somewhere. Kingdom Hearts... I don’t even want to think about how much I replayed them. And Witcher’s probably the least, last one was #5.

Also FF4 and Link to the Past... but my frequency with those has dropped off in the last couple years. I don’t even want to try to guess their numbers since I’ve been playing them since release, 30 years ago lol.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 2

I hardly replay games but I clean and organize my ever growing physical game library and video game memorabilia at least once a year. 

As you stated, too many games to play with so little time. This may change when I’m in retirement. 

11 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Kingdom Hearts 2/3, GTAV, RDR2, BioShock Infinite, Witcher 3.

I replay them probably once, maybe twice, a year. Just about a third of my year is spent replaying games I love lol. GTAV I just finished #15, RDR2 I just finished #8, Inifinite is definitely in the double digits somewhere. Kingdom Hearts... I don’t even want to think about how much I replayed them. And Witcher’s probably the least, last one was #5.

Also FF4 and Link to the Past... but my frequency with those has dropped off in the last couple years. I don’t even want to try to guess their numbers since I’ve been playing them since release, 30 years ago lol.

Same here, I've been playing Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, Mega Man and classic Resident Evil games since they were first released, I can't get enough of them no matter how many times I played them, and to me no time is wasted of you are having fun.

5 minutes ago, PayneKillerTears said:

Overwatch? 

I’ve played it daily since release lol 

A friend of mine play Overwatch and Lol since the early days so I can see how it can be fun, off topic but wasn't your nickname Hondahoe? Sorry if it sounds weird it's because the active community members here is rather small and your name was so funny to me that I memorized it hahaha

• Like 2

I tend to not replay games as much as I used to. It's mostly because of the backlog, but as a result of it, because I have more games to play now, I feel less of a need to replay old games (which is something I used to do a lot as a kid).

There's still a few games I replay every few years though, such as:

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2: I've gotten kinda burnt out on these in recent years because I've replayed them so, so much. They're probably the games I've replayed the most. They're honestly not very good games, which becomes more and more apparent with each new playthrough, but they still hold a special place in my heart and the music, while corny, is still very enjoyable to listen to while playing.

Earthbound: One of my first JRPGs aside from Pokemon, and it still remains one of my favourite. It holds a lot of nostalgia for me, and I've yet to find another series quite like it. I'm hoping Deltarune maybe able to scratch that itch a little when it's complete though (I played the 1st chapter when it came out, not bothering with the 2nd one till it's complete). I haven't ever actually replayed Mother 1 or 3, though I've definitely had the urge to replay 3 a few times.

Rollercoaster Tycoon/Zoo Tycoon: I group these together because I often end up dabbling a bit into both when the nostalgia for old PC tycoon games arises. I usually play Zoo Tycoon 2 over the predecessor, same goes for Rollercoaster Tycoon, I'll almost always play 2, rarely ever touch 3. I'll usually just fool around in the sandbox modes for a bit whenever I do replay these, but occasionally I'll replay a few campaign levels for the extra challenge.

Impossible Creatures: Still remains my favourite RTS, and despite losing interest in the genre as the years went by, I still return to this every now and then and play some skirmishes, against the CPU or my husband. I was surprised when I returned to this a few years ago when they released it on Steam, that it still has a fairly active fanbase that makes mods for it. It's such a nice feeling returning to such an old game to discover some dedicated people have made new creatures and maps for it, making the experience just a little bit fresh yet again. The almost infinite possibilities with combining creatures and making new units is what really makes this game so enjoyable for me after so many years.

Pokemon Pre-6th Gen: I specifically pre-6th gen (X & Y), because the 6th gen is when the series starting to go downhill for me. I used to replay an old Pokemon game every year, but I've been doing that less frequently now as I stopped playing the mainline series after Ultra Sun/Moon, as Sword/Shield were just the final straw for me. I semi-watched my husband play Sword, and that was good enough for me. Even he didn't enjoy it much, and he's never been as big into Pokemon as I was most of my life up till that point. I do still enjoy going back to the old games now and again, but my interest in general for the series has just waned, and there's only so many times I can replay old Pokemon games.

There's a few other games I'll replay when I feel the strong urge to, but aside from the games mentioned above, I rarely ever replay a game more than twice.

• Like 1