Ps4 vs ps5 performance

Just how much better is the performance on the ps5 version of the game?? I just got the game from GameFly, and read that there is very little difference in the ps4/ps5 version. I decided to just play the PS4 version for the double plat since i read about this minimal difference.

That being said, I am 4 chapters into it, I think it’s pretty solid, but the frame rate/texture popping is AWFUL. It takes so much enjoyment away from the game for me. Is this also an issue with the ps5 version? I don’t want to start over for no reason, but my enjoyment of the game is way more important than double trophies, and I’m going to start over if playing the ps5 version resolves this issue. Does anyone have any input about this? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, NashtyMouse said:

Just how much better is the performance on the ps5 version of the game?? I just got the game from GameFly, and read that there is very little difference in the ps4/ps5 version. I decided to just play the PS4 version for the double plat since i read about this minimal difference.

That being said, I am 4 chapters into it, I think it’s pretty solid, but the frame rate/texture popping is AWFUL. It takes so much enjoyment away from the game for me. Is this also an issue with the ps5 version? I don’t want to start over for no reason, but my enjoyment of the game is way more important than double trophies, and I’m going to start over if playing the ps5 version resolves this issue. Does anyone have any input about this? Thanks in advance.

At this point in gaming, it’s reasonable to believe that purchasing a game on release means you are paying to be a beta tester. Wait for an update or two.  These issues will be corrected after the fact.  The sad reality of buying at launch.

• Like 1

Completed the game today on ps5 and encountered zero bugs. It runs nearly flawless in the 30 fps 4k Mode. I'm on chapter 3 in new game plus and tried the 60 fps mode. It's mostly stable, but to many enemies on screen can sometimes drop a few frames here and there. My overall experience is great on ps5. The best Marvel game I've played besides Spider-Man 

Edited by hazeblunt

I'm on PS5 and have only used Performance Mode. The game ran mostly fine until chapter 11 (only one or two freezes and some frame drops here and there). Enemies during the boss fight in Chapter 11 stopped spawning after I killed them all, forcing me to restart the fight. Chapter 12 tried introducing an enemy only for the game to not give me back control and have Star-Lord just sit there, unable to do anything at all (I couldn't even command the other Guardians). 

Edited by SnakeSound222