How to advance past 1.4K with Murphy weekly challenge?

ShivaRpgN

I’m talking about this section:

29252-C1-A-E445-4-C1-D-ACAD-6-C6-F8-DFA9

It looks familiar but somehow I can’t advance further. Only brainracket and browskyline got further so far. In the case of brainracket, he doesn’t know how he can do this reliably. 

In my case, I’m either not fast enough or when I am, I end up hitting the wall underneath the skull wall. My guess is you can get it by lifting the first block up when you’re on top of it and then cut the rope. But I don’t know if it’s possible to be this fast. A video and any help is welcome.

I found a way to get past the first part: cut the rope, push the first block down, cut the second rope, then push the first block up to get your character higher. You have to do this extremely quickly for it to work.

Then you push the second block but not too low. It should be low enough for the character to get on it and be able to jump to the third and fourth blocks. The third and fourth blocks can be pushed all the way down.

Good luck everyone!

Hi,

It's a rare pattern that occurs once every few months, called "Omega" in various posts and videos. afaik the best way is to lower the last pillar *before* reaching this section, to decrease the speed of your character.

To understand it's easier to have a quick look at this video for instance (credits to Arkiokin for making the video and the discovery/naming of all these patterns a few years ago). Today's pattern is the first one in the video ("common Omega")

Edited by silvapex
  • Like 1

I’ve been trying to do omega but I’m not getting the timing right even though I’ve watched the video in slow motion a couple of times now. It definitely looks like the better way forward once you know how to do it. 

But maybe I’m too tired because I’ve been at it for a couple of hours straight. I’m going to rest and try again later. Any detailed help is welcome.

This pattern is in fact a "nearly omega" : it's the rearest configuration you can find in this game (less than one by year). So, indeed the best way to succeed it is to slowdown your character BEFORE the pillars + rope to cute : simply low down the second pillar when the character is just below it (equivalent to give a punch upon its head) With that, the path after has no more difficult. But, you can also succeed it in full speed (this is why this is nearly an omega : a true omega can only be succeeded by decreasing the speed of the character) : it's the method described in second post here (some variations can also be possible). However, it's far more complicated to succeed it with the good timing, even if not impossible. 

• Like 2

Ah thanks, interesting, I'll have to try the other method just for fun :-)

By the way @Arkiokin : I noticed on this challenge you certainly did a suicide 'just after' 4444.44m, so I tried to do the same to see if it's possible to create artificially a tie and share diamond cups (especially for a number of other players who are trying to get their first diamond cup trophy at the moment, as glitched challenges have been rare).

So playing with a Rayman type character (I assume you did the same), I just let my character die on the first obstacle after that point (by not cutting a rope that holds some spikes) and it works fine: exact tie at 4448.68m.

I know people like you and Zonyi for example manage to synchronize these ties and share diamond cups on other types of challenges (infinite pit distance, dojo lums...) so why not try it this week on this Murphy distance, what do you think ?

It does require to pass one Omega around 1400m + two Alphas at 3400m and 3800m iirc so not easy, BUT it's a weekly challenge which makes it much easier to try multiple times.

So I was wondering: could you set the same score with your alt account ArkioHansha just to make it clearer to other players that it's an intended tie, not a coincidence ? (at least until another player breaks this barrier intentionally or not during the week-end...)

EDIT: the final number of players should be between 200 and 300, so no problem for you to try and go as far as you can with #1 spot (you seem quite close to beating your WR in recent challenges btw!), players could still use spot #2 to share the diamond cup. My idea is just to set a temporary score of 4448.68m with one or a few more accounts to make it clear to other players what we're trying to do

Edited by silvapex

Well, it should be an interesting idea. Unfortunately, I just made that fancy distance for indications this challenge was not glitched at 4095m but not intended at all to gain a Diamond cup. I have just a personal limitation (maybe stupid one I know) , which I can't escape on this challenge : I can't make distance below 10km at minimum when I play this type of challenge : it's a condition I have given to myself years ago (until I have not reached this distance, I should play hours and hours until the last moment and if I would failed that, it would be a sort of "treason" of myself (I have been able to keep this aim alive from more than 200 successive challenges until now). It's the same for other distance challenges, with some other minimum points. For example, I can't make less than 20km if I play a pit : this is why nowadays I very rarely play again this type of challenge, since I let players sharing a tie score below 10km, which is a distance impossible (not physically, but morally) for me to reach. And so I never shared a score in a pit : when players share a score there, I even don't make a distance that will give me a gold cup : I simply don't play at all. The only exception is Dojo max lums where I have none of this type of "limitation" 

So, cause to this "OCD" I will play with arkiohansha for a real long run on this challenge. However, there will be at least 2 Diamonds on this challenge. If remco understand your will and also die at 4448.68, well this shared Diamond is yet possible (but I doubt since I know remco plays with globox...) 

I recently didn't played a murfy's one to let a New player gain his first Diamond, but unfortunately it's too late this time since I played too soon... Sorry... 

Ok, no big deal anyway as this 4448m mark is challenging with several difficult phases before. And also likely that Remco will exceed that mark anyway by Thursday as you say, otherwise he would be already at the 4448m mark by now. Nobody's going to believe he just gave up a chance for a diamond cup at 4.2km ;-) 

For more helps, and to see more clearly what we are talking about, I just made a video with my own (and old) video archives on this type of configuration :) 

On 05/11/2021 at 10:42 PM, silvapex said:

EDIT: the final number of players should be between 200 and 300, so no problem for you to try and go as far as you can with #1 spot (you seem quite close to beating your WR in recent challenges btw!), players could still use spot #2 to share the diamond cup. My idea is just to set a temporary score of 4448.68m with one or a few more accounts to make it clear to other players what we're trying to do

I don't think my WR will be beaten one day : my conclusion is it was done with extraordinary luck (since I didn't even encountered/knew some glitched phase, and some other random situations, at this time). Concerning this weekly challenge, I don't think I will even approach it (Just died by no luck after the 8th alpha for just 12.85km : as hard as the last challenge with the same quantity of alphas until 38km ;) )

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Arkiokin I think there is another omega section at 1400 today. This one you have to "bonk' Rayman or whoever on the head. 

At 2400 you hit a section where there are bumpers up (4) and down (4) and once you come out of that there is a pillar to pull down. I've tried the pull down method and land on pillar 1, and 3 fine but Rayman always hits the 4th one in its pull down position. Any tips?

Edited by Reign_Of_Fire88

Okay getting past the bumper section 2450m pretty well now. Once you first see the pillar, pull down smoothly. Give just a little delay to pull down the #3 pillar and Rayman will land safely on #3 & #4 pillars. If I pulled down to quickly on #3 he always hits #4 and dies at around 2500m. There is an alpha section at 2900m today and I died at 5200m on the first beta section i came across. Praying for a Diamond today. 

Edited by Reign_Of_Fire88