TomataEighty9

Gaming goals 2022

59 posts in this topic

As we approach the end of the year, im curious to hear if anyone has some goals for 2022 gaming wise :) 

I will post mine in late December. I will say that I'll be a lot stricter about the backlog count, though.

Edited by MidnightDragon

I'll return with mine in late December too, just thought i'd make a thread now, since i came up with the idea now :D 

I'd already made these prior to joining the Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge event.. but I think it's all still doable 😅

Percentages and such are based on TT rather than PSNP.

65% Completion including Owned DLC
Starting at 56.68%, 396 trophies left with 434 days to go (an average of 0.9 per day).

50 Platinum Trophies
Starting at 31, an increase of 19 over 433 days.

Complete Final Fantasy VII (by end of June)
Starting at 12 trophies, an increase of 20 trophies over 249 days.

Edited by iXanon

None for me...although my new philosophy is not to buy a game unless I intend to play it immediately.

Get the platinum in Persona 5 scramble at least, although I'm already 70% done so I'll likely have it done by the end of Nov. Nothing else as of yet, I'm just going to keep trophy hunting my favourite games

- Reach 99.80% total completion (Currently at 99.71%)

- 550 platinums

- Avoid temptation to buy trash platinums 

- Get all 2022 released AAA single player PS5 games 100%

PSN:

-Get completion above 99% and keep it there.

-Get unstarted backlog games down to below 40 (at 48 right now)

-Get my completion for all PSN games that includes 0%s above 85% (it's at 81.24%)

Steam:

-Get AGC% to 96% (it's at 95.61%)

-Get at least 1 game in my unfinished library to 100%

-Get Pixel Puzzles Ultimate's completion to at least 65% (it's at 51% and this game has over 2200 achievements)

Push my average trophy rarity below 35%.  Because why not let a completely fabricated number influence your daily routine?

EDIT: Progress...

35.30% on 28 November 2021 with Catherine: Full Body.

35.55% on 4 December 2021 with Astro's Playroom.

35.45% on 12 December 2021 with Secret Ponchos.

35.51% on 9 January 2022 with Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Earthblood.

Edited by pogo_loco

Keep playing every game I feel looks fun, and never avoid a game, (or play one,) just because of how it might affect my profile, my "reputation", or the reactions of anyone else.

And have an awesome time!

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Keep playing every game I feel looks fun, and never avoid a game, (or play one,) just because of how it might affect my profile, my "reputation", or the reactions of anyone else.

And have an awesome time!

That's some awesome goals! :) 

Same as always, try to up my AGC% and stop impulse buying crap I'm never going to get to. Need to start clearing out PS3 stuffs, so a temporary goal is to locate a new DS3 or off-brand equivalent.

Edited by Jelly Soup

I'm going for a trophy a day.  I'm not going to get anything on the 31st and see how long I can keep a streak going.

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

Same as always, try to up my AGC% and stop impulse buying crap I'm never going to get to. Need to start clearing out PS3 stuffs, so a temporary goal is to locate a new DS3 or off-brand equivalent.

You can plug a PS4 controller directly into the USB and use that for quite a few games.

10 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

I'm going for a trophy a day.  I'm not going to get anything on the 31st and see how long I can keep a streak going.

You can plug a PS4 controller directly into the USB and use that for quite a few games.

Yep, the majority of games will take a DS4 with not issue. Unfortunately pretty much every game on the 'nope' list I also own. :/

In terms of boring numbers:

~90 plats total

~650 unearned trophies

~85% completion

Nothing too insane here. More so I have games I'd like to play like SRW OGs (PS2 version, which is three games), a Persona/SMT game since I never beat any and get a few games out of my switch backlog like Astral Chain. I still have a good couple of months to hopefully wrap up some other games I'm playing. There are no new games I'm expecting whatsoever, but I might buy that Senran and Nep crossover, though it seems more like sales material. I like trophies, but I also like good games more than trophies so that's the only real plan for next year. This year has been about 50/50

12 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

You can actually synch a DS4 to work wirelessly with PS3 now too - found that out recently, and it’s been a great little benefit!

Mine is mainly to get my completion rate to 70+%. I managed to get it from 50 to 60 in 2021, so I'm optimistic. Cleaning up my trophy backlog in general is a goal I'd like to work towards in 2022. There's way too many games I started and left at an E or D back when I didn't care about my completion rate. I definitely wanna fix that next year, even if I can't do anything about the PS3 games since I don't have one anymore, I'd like to try and clean up some of the mess that I can.

Edited by Monochrome

Main goal for next year is 100% completion and trying to keep my backlog from swelling out of control.   Also to win @DrBloodmoney's Backlog Gremlin award (assuming they run it back in 2022...👺)

Buy less games, play more backlog. I also want to give more attention to both my PS2 and Xbox 360. I bought them for a reason, and they've just been collecting dust. :(

I want to get near 100% completion, but someone used my account to play Gran Turismo Sport (probably my nephew) and I will have until the end of time GTS at 1%.

Also, I have preordered Elden Ring and I am thinking to buy Spellforce 3 reforged.

On 11/9/2021 at 2:41 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

You can actually synch a DS4 to work wirelessly with PS3 now too - found that out recently, and it’s been a great little benefit!

I've done this too, it works great. There is a small list of games that refuses to work with a non-DS3, though, but it's a very small list. I think the only other downside is the PS button doesn't work the same on the PS3 with a DS4, but it seems spotty.

let arbitrary numbers determine the way I play, the games I play and how I play, and then create huge excuses and jugglers that I don't really care about trophies but I play just for fun and numbers don't matter, while I spend a lot of my time in environments arguing about useless trophies that I don't really care about.

Edited by kevao97
post doubled

Wrap up the PS3 after more than a decade of gaming.

With just over 10 games left that should be possible... right? If only I hadn't left some of the longer RPGs for last.

On 11/12/2021 at 6:49 AM, Shikotei-kun said:

Wrap up the PS3 after more than a decade of gaming.

With just over 10 games left that should be possible... right? If only I hadn't left some of the longer RPGs for last.

Probably will do that in 2023 since I have some lengthy games left to do.