Save transfer from PS4?

5 minutes ago, Big-Brady said:

Auto popping is honestly a pathetic feature in my eyes and something that needs to go away for good. 

Like why buy a game just to autopop and never play? That is just completely stupid and a waste of money not to mention completely lazy and disrespectful to the game and the developers who put time into making the game on other platforms.

I hope that Sony ends up doing something that completely removes that feature from games completely in the future.

I agree. the problem is that some games have it and some not. either give it to all or to none. By the way the fact that there even is a new list to begin with is ridiculus

On 04/11/2021 at 0:35 PM, Big-Brady said:

Auto popping is honestly a pathetic feature in my eyes and something that needs to go away for good. 

Like why buy a game just to autopop and never play? That is just completely stupid and a waste of money not to mention completely lazy and disrespectful to the game and the developers who put time into making the game on other platforms.

I hope that Sony ends up doing something that completely removes that feature from games completely in the future.

Hardcore trophy hunters will do anything for a quick score boost. Also, Sony doesn't care enough about the trophy system to block auto-pops or force cross-save to be removed. The only games I know off that lost cross-save, are Minecraft and Terraria but only because the last gen versions were no longer supported and the devs wanted to focus purely on the PS4 versions so dropped it. Minecraft lost Cross-Save in all versions but Terraria still has it for the PS3 and Vita.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

5 minutes ago, Admiralvic said:

I really don't understand this stance. The ideal would be just adding PlayStation X to the list of platforms over a new list, since it can be discouraging to some (why play the new version and redo everything when you can just play the old one and only focus on what you care about?).

Also, what about it is disrespectful anyway? Unless you're talking about cheating, which is completely different, you can't auto pop from nothing. So, with that in mind, it's literally someone who bought and played the first game giving the developer more money for a previous experience. It would be like me going into any topic about boosting or circumventing intended design and going "wow, that is so disrespectful to their vision. Stop being lazy and earn it the right way." 

Like I agree there are better ways to go about it, but it just seems like such an odd stance to take. 

The reason for my stance is simple for game Developers it is not all about the money for publishers yeah they care mainly about the extra 0's at the end of their sales but Game Developers put a lot of hard work and effort into creating and developing these game especially when it comes to porting them onto other generation consoles I see it as disrespectful because sure you are paying out the money to buy the game but 9/10 times the person that Autopops a game never actually plays the newer versions just pops their trophies then either sells the game or uninstalls it never to be booted up again depending on their method of buying the game.

If I am going to buy a game again lets say for instance Spiderman since it's known to autopop I personally would rather play through the game again and earn all those trophies properly rather than just autopop them because I did them on a different generation console. And for a game like Binding of Issac which is incredibly difficult to earn the Plat and 100% it's just diminishing to the games overall rarity and how it was intended to be looked at for people to just Autopop it, if people want a stack they should earn it all over again not just cop out with an easy boost to their stats.

6 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Firstly how would anyone know? It's been on the site for about 40 mins.

Secondly, I really hope not 

Why would you hope not? I have my save on PS4 and would way prefer to continue with that save on PS5. This game takes a lot and you'll see it drops frames even, it'll definitely be a better experience with a PS5 version.

You don't want people to transfer saves I'm guessing because auto pops? 

Imagine Super Meat Boy on PS5 with autopopping trophies and 80+% platinum rarity. Insane. 

It's sad they don't do multiplatform trophy lists anymore. That was 100% better. Like Rogue Legacy or Hotline Miami. Includes posibility of save transfer (and getting more trophies on new console) without autopopping.

I knew it was going to be bad when Control got 5 trophy lists and games like Anodyne 2 can have 8(!!!)

With these 2 you can have 13 plats but only 2 unique games finished. Madness.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Absolutely, as I said above, auto-popping kills bunnies, I shall not be partaking in such actions.

If it autopops I don't care, all I want is to play the ps5 version with current save, but looks like I can't can't do that without spending $60... 

And autopops are fucking trivial compared to everything else going on with trophies, we're now at the point where those crappy 5 minute plats are getting PS5 re-releases.

3 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

Imagine Super Meat Boy on PS5 with autopopping trophies and 80+% platinum rarity. Insane. 

It's sad they don't do multiplatform trophy lists anymore. That was 100% better. Like Rogue Legacy or Hotline Miami. Includes posibility of save transfer (and getting more trophies on new console) without autopopping.

I knew it was going to be bad when Control got 5 trophy lists and games like Anodyne 2 can have 8(!!!)

With these 2 you can have 13 plats but only 2 unique games finished. Madness.

Look at pretty girls series, you get like 60 plats across 8 games 

25 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Just have a question, is it just this DLC that's coming on PS5 or is it the whole base game too? Is it also a free upgrade from the PS4 version?

The PS5 version has everything, the base game + 3 DLCs. It is not a free upgrade, you will have to pay $60 for the PS5 version.

• Like 1