Can‘t start Repentance

Koro249

I just had this exact issue, it doesn't seem to work with the physical Afterbirth+.

I haven't tried installing my digital version again but that will probably solve the issue (I have all the DLC on the digital one anyways, just had physical for collection reasons)

It wouldn't be an Isaac update if it wasn't broken on PS4 somehow lol xD can't remember any update that went smoothly to date.

10 hours ago, Koro249 said:

I have the physical Afterbirth+ version and downloded Repentance from the store. When I start my game however, it is still stuck in Afterbirth+. Any ideas as to why this might be or how to solve it?

Thank you in advance.

I own physical versions of the game for both NA and EU. NA works fine, EU, however, does not, just as you describe it. When i finished downloading repentance from my EU account, i've got a pop up notification on my phone that an add-on is ready to play. This should not have happened, it's as if i downloaded an American dlc from the European store. 

With them being a smaller studio and with a chaotic release schedule it's plausible that they either overlooked physical versions or put them on a low priority list for now. We'll have to wait and see.

P.S. i'll try to install the game on my ps4 later to see if it changes anything.

Edited by dimonemt

Well this is a shit show.

Headup says they asked for the files to patch the game and got no response

Nicalis says they tried to get in touch with Headup but got no response

Edmund Mcmillen has zero clue what's going on (despite everyone repeatedly messaging him what the problem is)

Headup will patch the game, but are unsure of the timeframe as of now.

33 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Well this is a shit show.

Headup says they asked for the files to patch the game and got no response

Nicalis says they tried to get in touch with Headup but got no response

Edmund Mcmillen has zero clue what's going on (despite everyone repeatedly messaging him what the problem is)

Headup will patch the game, but are unsure of the timeframe as of now.

Didn't this exact same problem happen with one of the other DLCs?

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2022 at 11:42 AM, jimbob12345678 said:

Anyone know if this is fixed. Don't feel like buying something that literally doesn't work!

The game has been patched to 1.02, and repentance now works with the afterbirth+ disc. Update history for the game should say "preparations for repentance dlc".