2021 platinum difficulty

Swo-Big

19 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I would also like to know this as well as how long the 100% will be. As the new DLC has only just released there's probably not a concrete answer yet, but if anyone has any idea!

Let's put it this way: 

If you own every DLC, getting platinum is not that difficult anymore, your only real problem would be getting the lost done. Other than that, you also need to complete varios checkmarks with every character and defeat multiple DLC bosses with the afterbirth and afterbirth+ DLC

Repentance adds basically the whole game again, by adding these "tainted" versions of every character in the game, as well as two new characters to play as. This means you basically have to do everything again, on a harder/challenging character this time around, so if you're still looking to get 100% on the game, this could take 200 hours, if not more. 10/10 in difficulty if you ask me.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

After playing this on PC previously I'd agree it's definitely a 10/10 and 200+ hours if you're looking to 100% this game with DLC. Previously The Lost would have been the hardest character, but now with these tainted characters, there are definitely some (like Tainted Lost, Tainted Lazarus, Tainted Eden and Tainted Jacob) that will really really push you to your limits.

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, MohameDina9192 said:

What is the coop exploit? 

Starting with Repentance you can join with up to 3 other players, that can also be local.  After beating each boss, you get 1 item per player.  I bought 4 PS5 controllers, so I was getting 4 items after each boss.  On top of that you get completion marks for each character used by coop players, even if they die.  Cuts down on difficulty (due to extra items), and time (since you get 4 completion marks per playthrough).  I put more details about it in this thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eternal21 said:

Starting with Repentance you can join with up to 3 other players, that can also be local.  After beating each boss, you get 1 item per player.  I bought 4 PS5 controllers, so I was getting 4 items after each boss.  On top of that you get completion marks for each character used by coop players, even if they die.  Cuts down on difficulty (due to extra items), and time (since you get 4 completion marks per playthrough).  I put more details about it in this thread.

Thanks for the reply but am a little bit confused about somethings, I have the disc version of Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+, does this version include the Repentance dlc for free? or I still have to purchase the dlc separately? Also does the coop only available in Repentance dlc or can I play the base and whole platinum in coop using only vanilla version of Binding of Isaac? or at least in the Afterbirth+ ?

And can I play the coop with only two controllers or two players as I dunn have 4 controllers? will it make it easier or will be the same difficulty as playing solo and only difference occurs when playing 4 player coop?

sry for the huge sum of questions mate.

8 hours ago, MohameDina9192 said:

Thanks for the reply but am a little bit confused about somethings, I have the disc version of Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+, does this version include the Repentance dlc for free? or I still have to purchase the dlc separately? Also does the coop only available in Repentance dlc or can I play the base and whole platinum in coop using only vanilla version of Binding of Isaac? or at least in the Afterbirth+ ?

And can I play the coop with only two controllers or two players as I dunn have 4 controllers? will it make it easier or will be the same difficulty as playing solo and only difference occurs when playing 4 player coop?

sry for the huge sum of questions mate.

1. It's a separate DLC you need to purchase.  It's $19.99 if you have previous game and DLC.  More info here.

2. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you do need Repentance for co-op to work.  You can test by trying to press 'OPTIONS' button in starting room with 2nd controller.  That's how you join the game.

3. You can play with only 2 players.  It's still easier, when you get 2 boss items, instead of 1, and you can use this method to play with a strong character as Player 1 (like Azazel), and weak character (like The Lost) as Player 2, to get easy marks for them.  You can also use your mobile device instead of a controller via remote play.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Eternal21 said:

1. It's a separate DLC you need to purchase.  It's $19.99 if you have previous game and DLC.  More info here.

2. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you do need Repentance for co-op to work.  You can test by trying to press 'OPTIONS' button in starting room with 2nd controller.  That's how you join the game.

3. You can play with only 2 players.  It's still easier, when you get 2 boss items, instead of 1, and you can use this method to play with a strong character as Player 1 (like Azazel), and weak character (like The Lost) as Player 2, to get easy marks for them.  You can also use your mobile device instead of a controller via remote play.

Thank you so much for your reply, I checked the forum post regarding the Dlc to buy separately and thank god it it works now even if you have the disc version cause I was afraid to buy all DLCs again just for Repentance to make it work

Will try the 2 controller coop and hopefully it works

17 hours ago, Eternal21 said:

Just adding to 2 here, yes, you need Repentance for this co-op to work. There is co-op in the base game, but it is not 'true co-op'. The other players play as these small and weak baby characters. You need Repentance for coop players to play as their own full characters who are able to earn completion marks.