Why Do You Like/Dislike Call Of Duty Ghosts?

HypraZombie

Ok I have been a huge fan of the series since 2 back on 360, but ghosts I hate, online in my opinion is the worst it has ever been. The maps, way too big even on new gen consoles with Ground War they are too spaced out. The guns, they do not feel different enough from each other and I have struggled to find one I enjoy using let alone like. The TTK is just a joke, even the new Heavy Duty playlist I still feel like I'm down in a shot and this is coming from a person who actually learned to like MW3. Levelling up, whats the point when you can pick whatever you want using squad points? if you put a system like that in take out levelling all together like KZ: shadow Fall. Even the menu system is not up to scratch I feel, the first day I got the game I struggled to find the challenges and my K/D W/L. I am going to give the next one the benefit of the doubt because I have been a fan of the Tryarch series over IW of late but if it feels as big a let down as Ghosts then I am done with the series entirely. For me, the big CoD killer that was always spoken about turned out to be CoD itself.

• Like 1

Ok I have been a huge fan of the series since 2 back on 360, but ghosts I hate, online in my opinion is the worst it has ever been. The maps, way too big even on new gen consoles with Ground War they are too spaced out. The guns, they do not feel different enough from each other and I have struggled to find one I enjoy using let alone like. The TTK is just a joke, even the new Heavy Duty playlist I still feel like I'm down in a shot and this is coming from a person who actually learned to like MW3. Levelling up, whats the point when you can pick whatever you want using squad points? if you put a system like that in take out levelling all together like KZ: shadow Fall. Even the menu system is not up to scratch I feel, the first day I got the game I struggleped to find the challenges and my K/D W/L. I am going to give the next one the benefit of the doubt because I have been a fan of the Tryarch series over IW of late but if it feels as big a let down as Ghosts then I am done with the series entirely. For me, the big CoD killer that was always spoken about turned out to be CoD itself.

Strong points man and i have to agree completely with the whole Treyarch being better than IW as they personally are the company that is keeping this game going by the skin of its teeth and i feel that if treyarch takes 5 steps forward IW takes 7 backwards. Is that just me or? ....

No not at all man, I mean don't get me wrong Black Ops 2 was far from perfect but it was the best step in the direction that the series had had for a good while, the only things I wasn't overly happy with in BO2 was TDM because the score streak layout hampered it a bit and only better than average players could achieve higher than a lightning strike, although they improved that by adding (but then taking away -.-) Arms Race, the gun balance was good but certain things went totally unnoticed; the R870 for instance and the DLC maps with the blops remakes in them didnt work with the new pacing but all of that was a damn sight better than this, I'm sorry everyone for these long rants but I do feel quite strong about this topic and the weirdest thing is I don't really know why :S lol

I haven't played it (mainly because I hated MW2 and haven't played a COD since) but Yahtzee's review of it was quite funny "orbital fucking missile weapon" is one of his funniest lines.

That was great, thanks for sharing.

I havent really played it yet (did a few stints online) but I still end up picking them up. In my defense I got the ps3 version for free, and upgraded to the ps4 version for $10. I wasnt planning on buying it at all

My main reason for disliking Ghosts is I feel the maps are the worst in the series. They are far too big so instead of having the usual rushers in the game, generally everyone camps and, on PS4 at least, it seems like over half my matches end because of the time limit instead of reaching the score limit. I feel if the maps were Modern Warfare or MW2 quality, the game would be much, much better. 

Parker

I feel the exact same way. I played it with some people at college, and the maps were the biggest disappointment. The maps are way to big and if what you said is true about camping on the PS4, which I take your word for it, It is the EXACT same for the PS3. I'd say at least 50% of people were snipers when I played, and due to crappy college internet, the game cut out at least 5 times so it's not like I was playing against the same ppl over and over. I played like 10-20 online matches and only 4 or 5 of them actually reached the score limit.

Also, I wasn't very impressed with extinction (the game with the aliens). I had no idea what was going on or what the purpose was. Zombies and survival from mw3 were more straight forward than this... maybe in time it would be fun, but definitely not a party game.

I didn't play the single player, but I can tell you that the multiplayer (which is why 80% of ppl get CoD) was very underwhelming to say the least. I left this game off my christmas list on purpose, because I could easily find better ways to spend 60 bucks.

I feel the exact same way. I played it with some people at college, and the maps were the biggest disappointment. The maps are way to big and if what you said is true about camping on the PS4, which I take your word for it, It is the EXACT same for the PS3. I'd say at least 50% of people were snipers when I played, and due to crappy college internet, the game cut out at least 5 times so it's not like I was playing against the same ppl over and over. I played like 10-20 online matches and only 4 or 5 of them actually reached the score limit.

Also, I wasn't very impressed with extinction (the game with the aliens). I had no idea what was going on or what the purpose was. Zombies and survival from mw3 were more straight forward than this... maybe in time it would be fun, but definitely not a party game.

I didn't play the single player, but I can tell you that the multiplayer (which is why 80% of ppl get CoD) was very underwhelming to say the least. I left this game off my christmas list on purpose, because I could easily find better ways to spend 60 bucks.

I agree with what you said about the multiplayer as when i play on the map Stonehaven (Castle Map) i feel like the only person who isnt using a sniper and isnt camping. 

On the other hand i must disagree with what you said about extinction if we go back to WaW to the first ever zombies map Nachte Un Toten (i think thats how you spell it) the map had no story behind it it was just a small little test treyarch put together to see if people would like the game mode (call it market research) i believe this is what IW have done with this first map of extinction they wanted to test the waters and see how this new game mode will be taken and from what i can see its been taken in well but the general opinion is its not zombies and never will be as good. I believe that IW have confiremed with the 4 maps that will be released with the 4 map packs there is a story behind them so it will be interesting to see what thats like

Now the campaign i have to say supprised me as it was quite good but (im not going to spoil) i feel they clearly set up for a sequel by the ending they put for us.

Also its been confirmed gun DLC with every map pac which i guess might be good? and what do you guys think of these stupid skin dlcs for killstreaks like the Wolf Dlc which makes your dog a wolf when you call it in instead in game?

Good:

- Gunplay is fun and fluid.

- Decent Trophy list (some easy, some hard)

- Replay value

- Looks awesome

- There's none of that challenges crap from BO2.

Bad:

- Plot holes. Like, why does a satellite need missiles?

- Rorke isn't anywhere near as good as Menendez.

- Extinction is a load of balls

- Maps like Freefall and Stonehaven are crap.

@HypraZombie Killstreak skin DLC = More money for IW.

Also, what do you mean by 'Gun DLC?' New guns or just crappy camos?

Edited by LongLiveHelghast

Good:

- Gunplay is fun and fluid.

- Decent Trophy list (some easy, some hard)

- Replay value

- Looks awesome

- There's none of that challenges crap from BO2.

Bad:

- Plot holes. Like, why does a satellite need missiles?

- Rorke isn't anywhere near as good as Menendez.

- Extinction is a load of balls

- Maps like Freefall and Stonehaven are crap.

@HypraZombie Killstreak skin DLC = More money for IW.

Also, what do you mean by 'Gun DLC?' New guns or just crappy camos?

I have to agree and say Rorke was no Menendez, Menendez was slick and powerful and he wasnt afraid to remind people that he could get his hands dirty every once in a while, not to mention cunning with all his trickery (E.g. Getting upon the U.S Obama and Tricking woods into shooting mason) also he was ruthless especially with hudson dam.

Rorke was more thug style and was a common enemy whos jammy and manages to survive everything by some magical means as im not sure a normal person could survive what he got. 

And gun dlc is they add in new guns with each map pack :)

Currently beating story mode but i already play MPand Extintion , So:

Like:

-Ghosts are so bad@ss

-No need to Rank up on MP to unlock guns

-Like the new animations for sliding

-Such Dog , Such Riley

-Christmas Camo

Dislike:

-New Game Modes are full of campers

-Comunity on the game

-The aliens mode its pretty simple

-Clan Wars (If you dont have one you cant play that mode)

-Character Customization its really basic

-DLC , DLC , DLC

Because its one of the same with the other cods. No difference at all. Every new cod is a copy paste of the previous ones expept MW1 and MW2 which were something new. After that Black ops just copied MW2 and so on

Source? 

As someone who has played them all I can say the above statement is far from the truth. Similar? Sure, but not even close to being the same. 

Parker

Source? 

As someone who has played them all I can say the above statement is far from the truth. Similar? Sure, but not even close to being the same. 

Parker

I have played them all also and that is my experience from them. Treyarch just copied the original infinity ward games. the new infinity ward is nothing like the old one

How does a mode, which is completely optional, ruin the game?

Parker

It is like the guy who said he wouldn't buy the Resistance trilogy because the online is going down in March, even though he would be missing out on 3 great FPS single player games. Some people are just funny that way :D

• Like 1

I have played them all also and that is my experience from them. Treyarch just copied the original infinity ward games. the new infinity ward is nothing like the old one

I suppose you and I have different meanings of "no difference at all," because I can certainly feel differences between the CoD games. 

It is like the guy who said he wouldn't buy the Resistance trilogy because the online is going down in March, even though he would be missing out on 3 great FPS single player games. Some people are just funny that way :D

Silly people. I was actually playing Fall of Man with the wifey the other day and it is pretty amazing that it still holds up as a great shooter, even today. 

Parker

makes the game look cheap because it's trying to be like the best, call of duty black ops, but they couldn't use zombies so they had the GENIUS idea to put aliens

That doesn't really explain how the whole game is ruined by one optional game mode. I can see how someone would say that they prefer Zombies to Extinction but to say the game is ruined because it has the Extinction mode is pretty ridiculous, in my opinion. I've never been a fan of the Zombie mode in Blops but I certainly never think it ruined the game just because I didn't care for it. 

Parker

• Like 1

That doesn't really explain how the whole game is ruined by one optional game mode. I can see how someone would say that they prefer Zombies to Extinction but to say the game is ruined because it has the Extinction mode is pretty ridiculous, in my opinion. I've never been a fan of the Zombie mode in Blops but I certainly never think it ruined the game just because I didn't care for it. 

Parker

I could quote Vaas here, his definition of insanity, because people keep making the same video game with very slight improvement every year, and people buy it every year expecting is something different but I barely see a difference in COD's since MW3

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX

Biggest regret of 2013 was spending £37.98 on this and I assure you I had bigger things to worry about than this game not earning a single dime of it's price tag. Hopefully that puts things into perspective for you. The sooner idiots and children like me plunge £38.00 into this god awful franchise which should of been buried 2 years ago, may I add, the better.

Please no more.