Why Do You Like/Dislike Call Of Duty Ghosts?

HypraZombie

I dont have the game and I ain't buying it anytime soon(stopped with CoD after MW3)....but I'll say why I dislike Ghosts...I liked the announcement and all and thought it was going in a nice direction....but no Special Ops is why I dislike this game....I liked CoD 4,World at War and Black Ops but Special Ops in MW2 and MW3 are too much fun and since MW2,Special Ops has become a reason for me to buy an Infinity Ward CoD....the remotion of Special Ops wasn't a good idea....even less considering it was removed to implement a mode a-la zombies.

Edited by Welmosca
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

The veteran campaign was almost a perfect run for me. This campaign is the easiest COD that I've played so far. Unlike other COD's there's not a single unreachable checkpoint (like those brutal World At War moments, remember?) That didn't happen at all in this game, which made the game a bit boring in some way.

But this game just looks so good. The underwater levels and space levels are awesome! I played through the campaign a view more times, just for fun  B)

• 4 weeks later...

I only played the online part because my brother brought it over but from the online I did like the gameplay a few of the naps was really big & it was a bitch just starting off not knowing anything about them so I got killed alot. I just got the actual game myself for $12 so I will start it up. Once I really get into it I will edit this post!

• 5 weeks later...

- The radar is much better than in previous Cod's;

- Pretty good connection and hit detection;

- Controls are pretty good, like always.

Dislikes (Get ready this is going to be a long list):

Campaign:

-  It is terrible, the plot is terrible and overused, the level design is boring and unispiring;

-  It is way to easy, making it boring.

Multiplayer:

- The maps are garbage. Way to big and no flow;

- Campers everywhere because of the shitty ass maps;

- The Weapons are poorly balanced;

- The Killstreaks are terrible;

- The Perks are also terribly balanced;

- Riley is a pain in the ass;

- Nearly impossible to unlock camos;

- "Quickscoping is not in the game" , liers;

- Boring ass multiplayer.

Extinction:

- The original map is trash and the only way to get a good experience is to buy the DLC, of course;

- Cheap imitation of the Zombies mode.

The Rest: 

- This game looks terrible;

- Poorly optimised, especially on PS3.

Final Opinion: Fuck this game, it is an embarrassment to the franchise and to gaming in general. Rating: D-

I don't play COD, so I remain rather neutral in the issue.

I don't play them because they are rather expensive, too much DLC (makes it even more expensive) and I prefer a long solid single player campaign.

But I have nothing of ill to say about the actual game.

I would probable enjoy it if a COD ever comes to PS+

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I know a lot of people thinks CoD Ghosts story in veteran is pretty easy. But I had to dissagre. I got a long break since first and second MW. Now I got almost 100 % with Ghosts. I don't remember MW and MW2 on veteran THAT much harder... Some parts especially SIN CITY I think was even harder than some parts of MW. I do also play Black Ops and I'm already in that science lab on veteran without playing on lower difficulties . I will also get Black Ops:Declassified for PS VITA so we will see how tough that version is since I was reading that this should be the hardest or one of the hardest CoD single player campaigns.

When it comes to extinction I don't think that game mode is bad at all. I'm 2:nd prestige, almost 3:rd on multiplayer but won't enjoy it at all as much as extinction. But it has A LOT of bugs and glitches... Way too poorly coded by the developers. But that doesn't makes it boring. There are many people enjoying extinction more than multiplayer. Actually Ghosts players tend to be either extinction fans or multiplayer fans... I think.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Copy + Paste = Nothing changes

You do realise how different this is from other CoDs right? That's why people hate it. But I like it.

' - The Weapons are poorly balanced;

- The Perks are also terribly balanced;'

Ghosts is the most balanced CoD in ages.

I regularly play separate screen online multiplayer with the girlfriend on Wii U and this is by far the most fun multiplayer CoD I've played.

Story wise, yeah, it's absolute shit.

Extinction is a fun kind of new thing that doesn't reinvent the wheel but does bring something new to the table.

And there's whatever the hell Squads was, I've not played it since launch, I think it was like survival or something.

Anyway, by CoD standards...

MP 10/10

SP 5/10

Co-Op Stuff 7/10

For reference, best to worst for me, in terms of campaign

Modern Warfare

Black Ops

Advanced Warfare

Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty 1

Modern Warfare 3

World at War

Black Ops 2

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 3

Multiplayer though, CoD 4 and beyond feel like reskinned versions of eachother.

Edit: I forgot to put Ghosts on the list, I'd put it above World at War, but before MW3.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

The CoD games i've purchased are COD4, MW2, World at War, and Black Ops 1, and i've played all of the following games elsewhere. 

COD4 is the only one that matters. I still stand by titling it the best fps game ever produced. The maps are perfect, none of them (excluding possibly 'district') are skippable, there are a range of varied guns, and best of all, there's only 3 killstreaks. Personally, I hated MW2 because they tried to overcomplicate the game's formula, and none of the maps (except that airport one) were fun to play. The hit detection also seemed really off in that game, something felt so fake. 

World at War is nothing special. Black Ops 1 had a fun story mode, and the first Zombie map was great, but most of the online maps were doll, the game's slowdown was horrendous, and there was only a select few guns that people actually use. 

I think Ghosts is great, not a huge CoD fan but I had more fun with it than I thought I would. Enjoyed the campaign a lot and Extinction is so much better than Zombies in my opinion. I prefer having an ending rather than trying to survive as many waves as possible, gets really boring really fast for me, the different types of Cryptids is cool too. Not too fussed about the multi-player aspect though, mainly because I suck at it, as I did with the MW games, I'm better at Black Ops multi-player, not sure why. I still wish they would offer zombies/extinction maps in one pack. I don't want to spend €15 on one pack that contains 3 multi-player maps and one extinction map, I wouldn't use the multi-player maps so it's not worth it for me. 

We had this discussion at work awhile ago, I stood alone being the only person that actually enjoyed Ghosts. I thought the campaign was WAY too short but since everything is moving in the multiplayer direction, I understand why it was so short. I also love extinction mode. It may be a cheap rip off of zombies but I like the fact there is actually an end to it. With zombies it was like "Okay, I'm up to round 85.....yay." But with extinction it was nice to see an end. And I know that they did objective based for the zombies where you could finish it as well but I was being cheap and didn't want to buy the DLC. But overall, I feel like I got my money out of it, so I consider it good.

I haven't played it (mainly because I hated MW2 and haven't played a COD since) but Yahtzee's review of it was quite funny "orbital fucking missile weapon" is one of his funniest lines.

OMG I completely lost it at "outsourcing weapons development to fucking Megatron" LOL

I'm sort of indifferent to Ghosts. I liked the campaign enough that I finished it and tried to get some of the miscellaneous campaign trophies, and I played multiplayer a bit (don't remember how far I ranked up, but it wasn't a lot). Extinction was alright, not as good as Nazi zombies, though. The hate Ghosts gets is certainly undeserved because it's not a bad game at all. I'd even agree with the other guy who said it's by far the most balanced entry. 

Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 remain king in my opinion.

Edited by AnimeDreama
  • Like 1

When it comes to COD I tend to only play the single player campaigns which are enjoyable for the most part. I like watching the cut-scenes. the set-pieces are awesome and the characters like Captain Price, Soap, Riley (the dog) and Makarov are pretty cool. I enjoyed Ghost's campaign and Rorke was a pretty plain villain but he got the job done. I did play Extinction as well and I had some fun with it.

Edited by WinterHitman

For me, the story was awesome, having Riley to accompany you on the journey was a great addition.

About multiplayer, having really large maps was terrible. Sometimes i ran the entire map just to get killed on the other side.

Also, i will always hate Stonehaven.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...