Skyrim Anniversary Edition will have a new platinum, but only for PS5.

ArcadeJedi

1 minute ago, willmill97 said:

Never actually played Skyrim before. Maybe I finally will, maybe I won't, do it be worth that money?

Not sure if this is a question or a monologue, but I'll answer and say it's worth a shot, at least. It's one of the most significant video game releases of all time, and you get basically hundreds of hours of content for $60. The game is well worth the price of admission.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Never actually played Skyrim before. Maybe I finally will, maybe I won't, do it be worth that money?

I have the PS3 version and found it to be merely ok, not terrible, not great, just ok. You're better off getting it for the PC and installing various fan mods since most of them add content that's way better than most of the paid crap in the Creation Club store and fix issues that bugthesda couldn't be bothered to fix.

2 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

I have the Physical Edition for SE PS4. Does that mean I can't get the old platinum?

No, all this does new release does is add some extra stuff to the core game - it has no affect on your ability to earn trophies. It's essentially just a variation on a Complete Edition.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Klart said:

Well duh. Every PS5 game has a seperate Trophy list. There are no cross platform Trophy lists on PS5.

There are those who don’t have a PS5 that were wondering if it would get a new list on PS4, until now it was unknown. A lot of people thought this was a new release completely separate from the SE, it’s not though, not exactly. There are also plenty of PS4 games that got PS5 updates but didn’t get a new list. We didn’t know if this was an update or an upgrade. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Klart said:

Well duh. Every PS5 game has a seperate Trophy list. There are no cross platform Trophy lists on PS5.

The PS5 trophy list was never in question. It was more is there actually a PS5 version at all. The original reveal said PS5 but ever since then they've made references to next gen updates rather than a native version. Last week they released a video that had images of physical copies for PS4 but still nothing on a PS5 version. No pricing info, nothing really

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

I hope there's no new trophies for fishing

Since the PS4 version shares a trophy list between the SE and the AE then I doubt it, unless if it’s added as a separate DLC list, but I wouldn’t expect them to create trophies for the creation club content. 

Edited by ArcadeJedi
  • Like 1

This is great news. I will start from scratch and get the platinum normally. 
I wonder how much it’s gonna cost me, but it’s gonna be worth it. I am so excited for this. 
Skyrim belongs to the nords!

10 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Watch a review about the style of gameplay, there’s a lot to do on the game. If you are willing to invest time into that kind of game, then I can’t recommend playing Skyrim for the first time enough. 
Even if you aren’t a fan of magic and having to switch between spells magic attack, melee attacks, bow attacks etc.. you can still just go in with a sword or axe and fight your way through the game. Or you can be a stealth assassin, master magician there’s so many possibilities ? it’s a great game. Who doesn’t wanna slay some dragons and discover daedra artefacts ??  

10 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Oh what I would give to be able to go back and experience this game for the first time again. I traded in my entire dvd collection of around 250 for hundreds of dollars worth of store credit at Slackers like a week before this game came out back in '11. (Didn't have to spend any money on games that whole next year lol.) 

For SURE this game is worth the money if you're a fan on western rpgs and you've never played it, as others have stated there's hundreds of hours worth of content just in the main game let alone the Dawnguard & Dragonborn dlcs. Not to mention it's on of the most influential rpgs ever made, you owe it to yourself to at least give it a shot if you're a fan of the genre. 

I also think it's awesome they're keeping with the 11/11/11 release date theme and dropping it EXACTLY 10 years to the day on 11/11/21 \m/

• Like 2

On 11/5/2021 at 6:27 PM, Larzz said:

So if I own the SE, I don’t have to buy the AE upgrade to get the PS5 version? 

If I read it correctly, if you own the PS4 SE, you'll get the PS5 SE for free. This upgrade doesn't include the AE, but you can get that for a discount I believe.