Skyrim Anniversary Edition will have a new platinum, but only for PS5.

ArcadeJedi

I'm still really confused about this release. Can someone clarify a few things for me? I understand that since I own the Ps4 SE, I can upgrade to the enhanced Ps5 edition for free, but if I want the AE content, I have to pay something . What does this mean for trophies?  Is there a ps5 trophy list coming or yet another PS4 list? If I get the ps5 enhancements but not the AE, does that mean I can earn the new trophies?

So in my case, I own the ps4 SE and want to play the game again and get the new platinum trophy. What do I have to do? I also assume there is no autopop as well, since I don't think they even mentioned it

9 hours ago, LegitDannyDeVito said:

I'm still really confused about this release. Can someone clarify a few things for me? I understand that since I own the Ps4 SE, I can upgrade to the enhanced Ps5 edition for free, but if I want the AE content, I have to pay something . What does this mean for trophies?  Is there a ps5 trophy list coming or yet another PS4 list? If I get the ps5 enhancements but not the AE, does that mean I can earn the new trophies?

So in my case, I own the ps4 SE and want to play the game again and get the new platinum trophy. What do I have to do? I also assume there is no autopop as well, since I don't think they even mentioned it

What I said on the previous page. If I read it correctly, if you own the PS4 SE, you'll get the PS5 SE for free. This upgrade doesn't include the AE, but you can get that for a discount I believe.

As for trophies, the PS4 AE won't get a new trophy stack. So I assume the PS5 version will get 1 list and not 2. I think the SE & AE will share the trophy list.

17 minutes ago, DoodgraverNL said:

What I said on the previous page. If I read it correctly, if you own the PS4 SE, you'll get the PS5 SE for free. This upgrade doesn't include the AE, but you can get that for a discount I believe.

As for trophies, the PS4 AE won't get a new trophy stack. So I assume the PS5 version will get 1 list and not 2. I think the SE & AE will share the trophy list.

Okay, I kinda get what you're saying now. I read that trophy progress will carry over from ps4 to ps5 though, and now I'm guessing that means ps5 SE won't have any new trophies, just PS5 AE; which means we would need the paid upgrade to access the new trophy list, which kinda blows

12 hours ago, LegitDannyDeVito said:

Okay, I kinda get what you're saying now. I read that trophy progress will carry over from ps4 to ps5 though, and now I'm guessing that means ps5 SE won't have any new trophies, just PS5 AE; which means we would need the paid upgrade to access the new trophy list, which kinda blows

No, that's incorrect. Trophy progress won't carry over. At least if you upgrade from PS4 to PS5 it won't. The PS4 AE will share the PS4 SE list. I am guessing it will be the same for PS5.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 8:02 AM, Ultraxian said:

Haven't they  milked this enough? Sure the game was great and all but it's like beating a corpse till it does a front flip.

Can't they think of something else other than re re re re re releasing the same old dead donkey

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Also the fact that they are owned by Microsoft means this release on the PlayStation is a bit of a kick in the teeth anyway. They're happy to keep making our PlayStation dollars, but don't want to release their future games on the console. I know I sound completely bitter here, but it definitely leaves a sour taste.

Edited by Forlorn_Zorn