Worth platting this game?

TelliksOnhir

If you like the Game, basically you'll get the platinum without even noticing It. You just have to play, beat the story Mode and play a few online matches, and the online is pretty active, so you won't have problems finding matches. Definitely a pretty easy and enjoyable platinum if you ask me.

Edited by AdriWalkedX
  • Like 2

I'm not the biggest fan of fighting games but do get a itch to play one some times and this cured that itch last year when I played it. I am not very good at fighters but this was pretty easy to pick up and play. Thankfully I had a couple friends to play the online with.

Yeah it is a enjoyable game.

Sure. I'm not even that into fighting games but it was reasonably fun to play through. It's quite a quick and easy platinum honestly. Only trouble I had was when you had to perform a certain move and I didn't really know what the hell I was doing but I'm sure that mostly comes down to just not being very experienced at fighting games.

On 9.11.2021 at 0:09 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Like everyone else has said, this one is a very easy platinum. It’s perfect as in introduction to fighting games if you’re someone like myself who has zero experience with the genre.

I busted one of my controllers playing this game though… those online battles are intense. Be warned. 1f602.png

That kinda depends, if you want an introduction to the genre as in "I want to understand how stuff works", aside from trophies, then honestly I don't think one could pick a worse game ? I mean I love it, but man, no tutorial in one of the most complicated fighting games... Everything you want to know about the mechanics, you pretty much have to Google. I don't remember for sure, but I think even the paid frame data dlc doesn't have a tutorial, and if I'm not wrong, this means you have to Google how to use the... Well, frame data that this dlc provides. Great game if you get into it, but yeah, not very user friendly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the1andonly654 said:

That kinda depends, if you want an introduction to the genre as in "I want to understand how stuff works", aside from trophies, then honestly I don't think one could pick a worse game 1f642.png I mean I love it, but man, no tutorial in one of the most complicated fighting games... Everything you want to know about the mechanics, you pretty much have to Google. I don't remember for sure, but I think even the paid frame data dlc doesn't have a tutorial, and if I'm not wrong, this means you have to Google how to use the... Well, frame data that this dlc provides. Great game if you get into it, but yeah, not very user friendly. 

Well yeah, we’re all trophy hunters here so I was speaking from that perspective. I know there are a lot of people like myself who use their trophy hunting hobby to explore different genres and styles of games they might not otherwise have been interested in, and so for trophy hunters who have never played a fighting game before, this is a pretty good entry level game IMO. Speaking from experience.

While there is a ton of depth to this game and a very high skill ceiling, the trophies themselves aren’t too complicated at all and so you can be a total shit noob like me and still figure out your way through this while learning some basic stuff about the genre.

I do agree it could have used more of an introduction for new players though, it was kind of a baptism by fire. Better matchmaking online would be nice too, it was really annoying getting twinked by pro players hiding behind newbie accounts over and over. It’s much more fun to fight somebody close to your own experience and skill level so you can learn from each other.

In general though I think fighting games usually have a very high skill ceiling. You get a lot of crazy people who put thousands of hours into these games, and if you want to get halfway decent at any fighting game you’re going to have to invest many hours of training and practice. Definitely not my cup of tea, so a relatively nooby friendly game like Tekken 7 was far more up my alley.

I’d like to try another fighting game but I’m not sure where to even start. Maybe Mortal Kombat or UFC or something?

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Well yeah, we’re all trophy hunters here so I was speaking from that perspective. I know there are a lot of people like myself who use their trophy hunting hobby to explore different genres and styles of games they might not otherwise have been interested in, and so for trophy hunters who have never played a fighting game before, this is a pretty good entry level game IMO. Speaking from experience.

While there is a ton of depth to this game and a very high skill ceiling, the trophies themselves aren’t too complicated at all and so you can be a total shit noob like me and still figure out your way through this while learning some basic stuff about the genre.

I do agree it could have used more of an introduction for new players though, it was kind of a baptism by fire. Better matchmaking online would be nice too, it was really annoying getting twinked by pro players hiding behind newbie accounts over and over. It’s much more fun to fight somebody close to your own experience and skill level so you can learn from each other.

In general though I think fighting games usually have a very high skill ceiling. You get a lot of crazy people who put thousands of hours into these games, and if you want to get halfway decent at any fighting game you’re going to have to invest many hours of training and practice. Definitely not my cup of tea, so a relatively nooby friendly game like Tekken 7 was far more up my alley.

I’d like to try another fighting game but I’m not sure where to even start. Maybe Mortal Kombat or UFC or something?

The good thing about fighting games is that the skills you develop in one often transfer to another. Concepts like block punishment or spacing are mostly universal and give you kind of a head start in the next game in the genre. 

But trophy wise you're definitely right. You can pretty much button mash your way to the platinum. I haven't played many other fighting games (not really a big fan of the genre, aside from Tekken), but some of them are brutal in comparison, even when you have some experience with these games. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/11/2021 at 0:56 AM, dieselmanchild said:

<Snip>

You just literally typed everything I would have said, thanks;)

I'm thinking of dipping my toes into Mortal Kombat 11, too. It seems easier than MKX, and completing Tekken 7 gave me some confidence in my abilities;D 

Wanna boost it together? (is boosting is need and our schedules match) ;D

As for UFC game, I follow MMA for many years, and that's honestly the only sport I follow or care about at all. I couch-played one of pre-EA UFC games on PS3 with my mate a lot back in the day, and it was really fun. Then I remember he got on of EA games, and it sucked so bad.

As for Tekken 7, I actually feel a bit bad about not giving this game any more time than was needed for platinum (hey, at least I played on normal difficulty). I didn't even complete all character mini stories. I don't think the story was any good, or at least that they cared about people new to the franchise, because I felt thrown in into middle of long running anime. 

Of course nobody plays fighting games for story, you play it for fighting and it felt alright to me. Like @dieselmanchild said you feel the possibilities for competitive gameplay, even if you're just a button masher who came for trophies. It's just there are so many games to play, and Tekken 7 just didn't vibe enough for me to get into multiplayer.

Edited by depresso-cat
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Man, i do like fighting games, i enjoy them while im not great at them, i gotta say... THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTELY DOGSH*T, i freaking hated it. Im not so familiar with tekken in the gameplay perspective so this was waaaaay harder than i thought even in the easiest difficulty.. am i really that bad? i dont know but i sure didnt enjoy playing this thing. Am i missing something?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...