How long did it take you guys Plat the game for the first time?

MapleFace140

Hello, finally plated the game. Really enjoyed it, looking forward to the next RGG studio game. Definitely one of my longer Plats when you factor in 2 playthroughs, + the 3 extra girl friends. Took me around 135 hours. Now I am a slow player generally, plus I would mess around with the arcade games after I no longer needed to. During my first playthroughs, I am definitely taking everything in and not skipping anything and messing around a bit.

The reason I asked this, is because I saw some guides say 80 hours. And I don't think that would have been possible for me, even if I skipped all cutscenes like I did in my Legend playthrough but for everything. This was also my first RGG/Yakuza game Plat, so maybe with some experience I could cut down that time and make it more efficient.

So how long did it take you guys to plat the game on your first attempt? LOL non of this save swapping between PS4/PS5.

Congratulations on the plat. I wish I was in your shoes with the rest of this amazing series to play! 

I don't think I've ever platted a game in the timeframe provided by a guide. I assume these timings are if you are solely trying to plat the game as quickly as possible and skipping story elements on first runthrough etc though some people will just be quicker I guess though I'm rarely hanging about doing pointless stuff in these games and still never hit the timeframe.

I've played and platted the whole series, and I think Lost Judgment took me about 110 hrs but that's because I love RGG games and wanted to savour it but even then I wasn't lingering so I wouldn't pay too much attention to the timeframes as I was over the suggested plat time on every RGG game.

What's next on the RGG list for you?

Artty44.png

Edited by Artty44

It took me somewhere between 110-115 hours and I’ve platinumed all the other games in the series (currently doing a second run with the remasters). I expect my PS4 playthrough to be a bit shorter but I would think 110+ would be an average platinum time for most just enjoying the game and what it has to offer.

135 for your first RGG plat of this size is good, I wouldn’t worry about the times others have achieved.

Just got my platinum. I think it was about 130-135 hours as well in total. Wish the save timer didn't stop at 99.59.59, so I'd know for sure. I probably spend way too much time just wandering around, but then again, it's what I love about these types of games; the ability to just wander and explore, kind of like getting lost in a different world =)

Congrats on the plat. Tbh, I play like you, and 135hrs is pretty average for me and Yakuza plats; I have plats for the 7 mainline games and the original Judgment, and always go above the stated likely amount of time. For one (I think it was Y5) I was well over 200hrs.

I think the games have so much side content to do that the potential time to plat can be much lower if that all you’re focusing on.

• 3 weeks later...

I think my playtime was just over 90 hours for the platinum. I really took advantage of fast travel at every opportunity and didn't waste any time just wandering around but I didn't skip any cutscenes or dialogue on my initial playthrough either. If it weren't for the gambling game challenges (mainly mahjong) that I struggled mightily with and wasted hours on, I probably could've trimmed it down closer to 80 hours so it's definitely feasible without skipping anything if you really focus only on trophies and 100% completion. 

Completion took me about 99 in game hours, according to my playstation i spent an extra 20 hours in game that the game didnt count that might have been time, in the gauntlet, or in the pause menu looking at guides. I know the timer stops at like 99.59.59, but luckily the timer was at like 98.40.00 when i ended, otherwise i would not have known

Edited by TheReaper1497

• 4 weeks later...