PS4 Avatar Question

Tomato

Recently I was enlighten of my delusion regarding the psn names linked with facebook that you need to send requests in order for that particular person to see your 'real' name and you his/hers (I guess its a useful feature if you play with the same group of people a lot), anyways I was wondering with the facebook avatars do you also need to exchange permission? Or only friend list sees your facebook avatar by default and everyone else sees your original psn avatar?  Or you can you choose privacy settings and set the facebook picture as your global avatar?  Ty in advance for anything relevant ~

The facebook picture will only be seen by your friends, your PSN avatar will be still seen by everyone though. Not sure if that makes sense. I have always wondered though, if there was a way to get more avatar pictures. I am not fond of the ones given by PS.

haha

In your settings, you can tell your PS4 to not use your FB image. I am pretty sure this works even when using a real name request.

Also, for avatars, you can get more via the PS3 or Vita if you have one. The web based store lets you buy avatars, and then you can go on your PS4 and "install" them.

The facebook picture will only be seen by your friends, your PSN avatar will be still seen by everyone though. Not sure if that makes sense. I have always wondered though, if there was a way to get more avatar pictures. I am not fond of the ones given by PS.

There are literally hundreds on the PSN store. 

Me too. :)

I've also got Ellie :)

I guess but I am one those weird people that get bored of profile pictures pretty quickly.

Same :D

Ah, so you need a useless facebook account to have a "fake" custom avatar like the big photo you see in the PS4 UI screens like this one?

med_psui4.jpeg

Sucks, I don't have facebook. I was hoping you could pop in a picture like that from the playstation itself.

Ah, so you need a useless facebook account to have a "fake" custom avatar like the big photo you see in the PS4 UI screens like this one?

med_psui4.jpeg

Sucks, I don't have facebook. I was hoping you could pop in a picture like that from the playstation itself.

You just have to create the account don't even need to use it...just think of the millions avatars you could choose which you cant find at the psn store, I would almost have a new one every week.

Just make a fake facebook account and make your profile picture something you want your avatar to be [wheteher it be a game character, etc.] although only your friends could see it :P

I don't really like revealing my full name to anyone unless they have been on my friend list for over a year or so and if I talk to them regularly. When I first heard that you can use your own pic I nearly died with excitement only to find out that you need to reveal your full name on PSN :/

so i can just put anime picture on my FB as a default and it would be as my avatar on the ps4 if thats true no one will buy avatars anymore

This works - but as others have said, only your friends can see it.

People may not want to change their facebook they have connected to a avatar picture though and still buy ones from the PS-Store.