Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmileSlice

Unlocked Trophies Early?

1 post in this topic

A little confused. I read before certain trophies can unlock early or late because they’re glitched in a weird way, so I assume this is all it is.

I unlocked The Doctor early. I was in the middle of Chapter 14, and The Spy did not pop when it was supposed to. I saw I missed a few collectibles, so I went back to Chapter Select, chose Chapter 6, and proceeded to get the snapshots of a few I missed (The Spy popped here along with a few other collection trophies too).

However, as I continued with the rest of the chapter to hit a checkpoint, I saved Abbas again (had successfully done this once the first time I played the chapter). The trophy unexpectedly popped for me, and it seems it wasn’t supposed to until Chapter 16.

Is this game just a buggy mess like this? I was worried about time stamps. In the trophy guide here https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/303285-1979-revolution-black-friday-~-trophy-guide-amp-roadmap-platinum-walkthrough/ it mentions in Step 2 about Chapter Select easily allowing you to go back and pick another choice if you’re after a certain trophy (so I’m ASSUMING this is fine the order they popped, I just wanted to be sure).

UPDATE:

Yeah, the game seems to work like this. I just continued on with Chapter 14. I picked up a cassette I already had in this chapter and the trophy for gathering all tapes just popped for me early too. After looking at photos and objects in the office I hadn’t looked at yet, Story Master ALSO popped for me.

UPDATE 2:

It’s pointed out in this thread by dakk55 that trophies can unlock early, for nearly every collectible. Please disregard my post.

UPDATE 3:

I just completed my Platinum. I was a little worried that the trophy pop order would screw things up, but I had no issues as it turned out.

For anyone worried about trophies popping out of order, don’t worry! It does not seem to affect the Platinum at all.

UPDATE 4:

Reached out to CRT for confirmation about trophies being out of order. All is well, no further assistance required. Closing thread.

Edited by SmileSlice