No Everest for the Wicked Extremely Difficult?

Flubberwunked

I just started playing this game today and it's great. Fun and simple gameplay with some decent challenges along the way, but there's a fine line between challenging and absolutely brutal. The "No Everest for the Wicked" (dig 8848 meters) trophy sounds extremely tough. Right now I'm currently struggling to even reach 1000 meters without dying twice. I know there's upgrades that you can buy, but I don't think they will help that much. Is this trophy a true example of a Platinum breaker?

EDIT: Welp... 1 year has passed and I have never even reached 4000m in World Drill Tour Special. Just holy mother of Jesus this game is so hard. A lot of people said Diablo 2 was the hardest Platinum of 2021, but they are wrong. This game easily beats it in terms of difficulty (and everything else lol)

Edited by Flubberwunked
This is the hardest game of all time lmaoooooooooo
  • Like 3

More like the absolute toughest. Good luck. ?

Dear Lord have mercy... if there is a trophy that keeps me away from this platinum, it would be this one. Think I'll save it for last. I will be using support items when my time comes to go for it. Here's someone counter-stopping it at 9999m and 9.999.999 points in about 50 minutes using Anna on the GameCube version.

This game is a 9, or 10/10 difficulty.  It's FAR worse than you think, and the 8.8k Everest trophy isn't even the only problem.

Basically, you cannot use the assist items EVER.

This is because the game requires you to earn an "excellent prize" on all classic attractions on all Level 1.2.3 and special (infinite) modes.
Earning a "title stamp" as the description says. actually means to earn "excellent prize" stamp for that attraction.

Excellent prize can be viewed from the stamp menu and you can tell by the different looking icon. It's earned by reaching a very high score.

So the reason this is so difficult is because the game DISABLES the ability to earn these excellent prize stamps if you enable any ITEMS during your play.

I confirmed this by overkilling the requirement on Horror House Lv.1 by getting 4million points, and no excellent stamp was rewarded because I had an item on.

NOT ONLY THAT, I have done no death runs on Drill Tour + Star driller 1+2 modes and even no death runs are not good enough.

You need to, for the most part, do no death runs AND collect all air capsules for the points they give (+100 more each air you pick up). "?" blocks in star driller and gold statues in Drindy mode. I can't believe it's actually not good enough to do a no death run, but to also collect all the pickups makes it way more risky.

Sure, you could use items to cheese your way through to beat everything, but it all has to be redone with items off thanks to the excellent prizes.

Also. YOU CANNOT use items on the infinite modes!!!! I too was tricked into playing this game because I thought we could use items to help with the Everest trophy.

But no! Just check item shop, they only sell up to Lv.3 and not special mode.

NOT ONLY THAT!!! You cannot earn more lives while surviving and there's no item pickups like in other Mr.Driller games . All you get to do is pick your character (Drill Tour only) and you have 3 lives.

Also, there is the 1 million bits grind, and you can only rack up a few thousand points when playing normally.

Edited by QQQ_AX

1 minute ago, QQQ_AX said:

This game is a 9, or 10/10 difficulty.  It's FAR worse than you think, and the 8.8k Everest trophy isn't even the only problem.

Basically, you cannot use the assist items EVER.

This is because the game requires you to earn an "excellent prize" on all classic attractions on all Level 1.2.3 and special (infinite) modes.
Earning a "title stamp" as the description says. actually means to earn "excellent prize" stamp on everything.

Excellent prize can be viewed from the stamp menu and you can tell by the different looking icon. It's earned by reaching a very high score.

So the reason this is so difficult is because the game DISABLES the ability to earn these excellent prize stamps if you enable any ITEMS during your play.

I confirmed this by overkilling the requirement on Horror House Lv.1 by getting 4million points, and no excellent stamp was rewarded because I had an item on.

NOT ONLY THAT, I have done no death runs on Drill Tour + Star driller 1+2 modes and even no death runs are not good enough. You need to. for the most part. do no death runs+ collect all air capsules for the points they give (+100 more each air you pick up).

Sure, you could use items to cheese your way through to beat everything, but it all has to be redone with items off thanks to the excellent prizes.

Also. YOU CANNOT use items on the infinite modes!!!! I too was tricked into playing this game because I thought we could use items to help with the Everest trophy.

But no! Just check item shop, they only sell up to Lv.3 and not special mode.

NOT ONLY THAT!!! You cannot earn more lives while surviving and there's no item pickups like in other Mr.Driller games . All you get to do is pick your character (Drill Tour only) and you have 3 lives.

Ohhhhhhhh shit........ Maybe i shouldn't have bought this game after all. gg I have an unobtainable Platinum now. Time to pack it in. This is fucking brutal oh my god. Pro tip trophy hunters, don't buy a game day 1 without knowing how hard it'll be. What kind of masochist is gonna put themselves through this?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, QQQ_AX said:

Earning a "title stamp" as the description says. actually means to earn "excellent prize" stamp for that attraction.

So this title stamp is different from a clear stamp. Excellent prize sounds like the Mr. Driller award from Mr. Driller 1, 2, and G, but with a tougher requirement. 687.110 on WDT Lv.2 apparently isn't enough. I've seen someone get the WDT2 EP with 731.650. Maybe it's 700.000? I'll take what trophies I can get... I just won't make it a platinum target.

After watching someone play Mr. Driller G's endless Space stage with Puchi on Youtube, I wish you could pick other characters in Star Driller beside Susumu. SD's warp item is pretty annoying... it can leave you in a disadvantageous position.

stamp score Lv1 Lv2 Lv3 SP

world tour 0.4m 0.7m 1.3m 2m

night house 0.12m 0.25m 0.5m 0.4m

star 0.4m 0.8m 1.7m 2.5m

drindy 0.25m 0.4m 0.7m 1.5m

tower 0.15m 0.25m 0.4m 3m

world tour SP about 3000m.

drindy SP about 120 statues.

tower SP about 150 medals.(about 15,000m)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, syai0306 said:

stamp score Lv1 Lv2 Lv3 SP

world tour 0.4m 0.7m 1.3m 2m

night house 0.12m 0.25m 0.5m 0.4m

star 0.4m 0.8m 1.7m 2.5m

drindy 0.25m 0.4m 0.7m 1.5m

tower 0.15m 0.25m 0.4m 3m

world tour SP about 3000m.

drindy SP about 120 statues.

tower SP about 150 medals.(about 15,000m)

Thanks! Are there any special requirements in Night House or Tower to help hit the score? In World and Star the perfect bonuses are a godsend and tackling all of the boulders helps in Drindy, but I’m struggling to find a similar trick in the other two

5 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

ありがとう!ナイトハウスまたはタワーにスコアを打つのに役立つ特別な要件はありますか?ワールドとスターでは、完璧なボーナスは天の恵みであり、すべての岩に取り組むことはドリンディに役立ちますが、他の2つで同様のトリックを見つけるのに苦労しています

All the information you need is in the Results screen.

night

only more speed

tower

You don't know the score, so use the warp and door as many times as you can to make the blocks disappear.

• 3 months later...

Well it took 4 months, but it looks like two people actually managed to get this impossible trophy. One person from the PS5 and one from the PS4. They're both Japanese players, so I doubt they'll say much about it on here. Can't believe they did this fucking ridiculously hard task. They must've tried for hours on end. I wish I could be as good as them lol.

10/10 difficulty for sure. The game is already difficult, but this trophy takes it to the next level. The game may look simple if you're just watching it, but it's just so damn hard it's sometimes hard to describe why lol

• Like 3