MidnightDragonDX's Trophy Hoard

MidnightDragon

Woot woot, so glad you were finally able to conquer this beast ? And what a fantastic milestone name for your profile ?

Ahhhh Voice of Cards was your original choice ? I was trying my best to guess but I definitely overlooked that one ?

At any rate, a big hearty congrats to you for your accomplishment!! 

• Like 1

:platinum: #76

1L260e83.png

Monopoly Madness

Lacking a better explanation, this game is like Monopoly Battle Royale. The bonuses are a bit RNG based and it can be a bit frustrating. You can do most of the game with just a second controller or easy AI. The six player trophy can be done either online or offline with 5 AI. It wasn't a bad game, but certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Wait for a sale!

• Like 2

On 2/28/2022 at 2:24 AM, MidnightDragon said:

:platinum: #76

1L260e83.png

Monopoly Madness

Lacking a better explanation, this game is like Monopoly Battle Royale. The bonuses are a bit RNG based and it can be a bit frustrating. You can do most of the game with just a second controller or easy AI. The six player trophy can be done either online or offline with 5 AI. It wasn't a bad game, but certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Wait for a sale!

I saw you were 1st fastest achiever too! Nice work! :)

• Like 2

On 2/27/2022 at 6:48 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Good work. I'm usually terrible at puzzles, which you seem to enjoy. You definitely have what it takes to tackle some of the more time consuming games.

Some things I admittedly haven't done since I feel I lack patience, but maybe not. I mean, I did platinum Super Bomberman R after all. 

On 3/3/2022 at 2:24 PM, Thirsty_Otter said:

I saw you were 1st fastest achiever too! Nice work! :)

Yeah. I also checked the other two lists and I'm currently faster than the #1 on the European and Asian lists as well. I figure somebody will eventually take it off. Not even sure how I did it since some of it is RNG.

• Like 1

Realized I forgot to update my 100% so #75 would stand out. Here they are now.

L5443b1.png

Tormented Minds (February 2)

I know this was supposed to portray mental health issues, but I didn't completely get it unfortunately.

L6428bd.png

Pangeon (February 3)

A third party roguelite RPG first person dungeon crawler. It took a little getting used to. The first boss was the hardest part of the game, but once I got past that, it was pretty easy. Annoyingly enough, had to fully complete the arena twice because of a trophy glitch. 

Lc79c50.png

Arcade Archives: Traverse USA (February 15)

This game was more of a means to an end...to ensure my 150th completion would also be my 75th platinum. That being said, still enjoyed it.

Leafe40.png

Bejeweled 3 (March 12)

Earning all the gold badges took a while, especially since two in particular tripped me up big time. The rest was pretty simple. At least it's finished.

• Like 4

:platinum: #77

1Lddbddb.png

My Universe-Cooking Star Restaurant

This game is like if Cooking Mama was at a restaurant, though you don't have an angry Mama with fiery eyes if you mess up. :P It's fun, though a bit repetitive, but these types of games are. Still, there's enough for it to not get completely boring. The trophy list is very straightforward. Get it on sale like I did, but still worth a spin.

• Like 4

Nicely done my friend! You are on a roll now that you got that milestone out of the way ????

I like how meticulously you planned all this out, so that they line up so nicely like that! I'm also kind of curious now about Cooking Star restaurant... The wife and I played through most of Overcooked 1 and 2 together and I've been looking for something new for her and I to play!

Keep up the great work MD, looking forward to your next update ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

:platinum: #79

1L95a466.png

Virginia

This was an interesting game to say the least. I missed some of the collectibles on my first go. Luckily, you need to play the game twice, so it wasn't a big deal. Some of the stuff is real easy to miss, so be careful. The ending was a total mind fuck, though. I have no clue what happened, even after watching it twice. I enjoyed it, though it definitely screwed with my head. 

Congrats on the shiny new :platinum:!! Even if the ending didn't make sense :unsure:? It is a beautiful state tho, I'll give it that much!

:platinum: #80

1L570e43.png

UglyDolls: An Imperfect Adventure

This is a simple game where you have to save the UglyDolls from the evil robots, who want everything perfect. There isn't much to it. There's lots of collecting and grinding. Most of the trophies are very easy to get. The only annoying one was making five robots dance at the same time. That may take a few tries. I had to grind at the end of my first playthrough since I was careless about the stuff I made and used. It would be an enjoyable game for kids, too. Overall, I enjoyed it.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Got a trio of Arcade Archives games to show and tell.

L0c3dcb.png

Arcade Archives: Pirate Pete (April 2)

Didn't enjoy this one quite as much as some others I've played. Didn't seem to do much pirate stuff...mainly swing on ropes, swim, and dodge boulders in a cave. I know, it's an old game, so can't expect much, but this one seemed more annoying.

L6fd66a.png

Arcade Archives: Swimmer (April 3)

This one was pretty fun. You swim down a river, collecting fruit and dodging logs and crabs and then have to run from the giant enemy crabs at the end of the stage. 

La09c30.png

Arcade Archives: Frogger (April 23)

The arcade classic. I respect anyone who did this legit back in the day. It wasn't easy after a bit. Can't go wrong with Frogger!

• Like 3

:platinum: #81

1L4444ac.png

A Street Cat's Tale

In this fun and easy game, you play as a stray kitten whose mom was taken away by humans and now has to survive. You have to watch your health and what you eat, but it's super easy. You get 12 days, then you see the ending and start again. Your house carries over between playthroughs, so you don't have to rebuild it every time. Your actions and who you befriend determines the endings. The days go by pretty fast, so you do need to be efficient. I admit, I wasn't the most efficient, so if you are, you should finish in 3-4 hours. It was definitely a very fun and cute little game that I enjoyed. :) 

• Like 4

On 4/30/2022 at 11:39 PM, MidnightDragon said:

:platinum: #81

1L4444ac.png

A Street Cat's Tale

In this fun and easy game, you play as a stray kitten whose mom was taken away by humans and now has to survive. You have to watch your health and what you eat, but it's super easy. You get 12 days, then you see the ending and start again. Your house carries over between playthroughs, so you don't have to rebuild it every time. Your actions and who you befriend determines the endings. The days go by pretty fast, so you do need to be efficient. I admit, I wasn't the most efficient, so if you are, you should finish in 3-4 hours. It was definitely a very fun and cute little game that I enjoyed. :) 

Kitties ? I haven't played a solid cat game since Cat Quest 2... You've certainly piqued my interest on this one!! 

• Like 2

L6fa8fc.png

Maneater is finally back to 100% with the completion of the Truth Quest DLC. It's largely more of the same, but that's not the bad thing. The commentator has turned from a documentary host to a parody of a radio conspiracy theorist, which makes things more amusing. The bosses seemed tougher this time around and the final boss was definitely no pushover. I will stack this on PS5 if the time ever comes. I also completed these two Arcade Archives recently. Presented without comment.

L40a1d0.png

L1309c5.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

:platinum: #82

1Ldb96f3.png

Unpacking (PS4)

This is a cute, relaxing game which involves you unpacking boxes and putting stuff into place as you move around throughout your life and there are clues about your life everywhere you go, though it doesn't go crazy in-depth. It's pretty straightforward. You unpack the boxes and you place the things. Once you've unpacked and placed everything, the game will show you where there's anything that's incorrect. It can be a bit frustrating trying to figure out where things go in the later levels when you have multiple rooms, but it doesn't take too long to figure it out. The miscellaneous trophies are also super easy to get as well. While I think that it should've been a bit less for what it was, it was still a very enjoyable game. :) 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

:platinum: #82

1Ldb96f3.png

Unpacking

This is a cute, relaxing game which involves you unpacking boxes and putting stuff into place as you move around throughout your life and there are clues about your life everywhere you go, though it doesn't go crazy in-depth. It's pretty straightforward. You unpack the boxes and you place the things. Once you've unpacked and placed everything, the game will show you where there's anything that's incorrect. It can be a bit frustrating trying to figure out where things go in the later levels when you have multiple rooms, but it doesn't take too long to figure it out. The miscellaneous trophies are also super easy to get as well. While I think that it should've been a bit less for what it was, it was still a very enjoyable game. :) 

Nicely done, congrats on the plat!! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with it, even if it was a bit pricey for what it is. 

I will admit, I did catch wind of this game and it does seem intriguing enough... Mayhaps I will add this in for the Summer Backlog challenge ? I guess we shall see on how much progress I can make with the 5 games I did choose!

• 3 weeks later...

My latest 100% games

L48afa9.png

May 16, 2022

Went on WAY too long and the interactions with the cat were super limited. If not for the 99,999 trainer points, probably could finish in a day or two. Also needed more cat trophies!

L96e4ed.png

June 16, 2022

Wasn't too bad or difficult. The sounds were a little annoying, though.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I loved the old Sonic and how I literally grew up with him throughout the 90s and early 2000s, I think paying $39.99 for this is too high. $24.99 or $29.99 would of been ideal. It's going to be months before there will be a price drop for Sonic Origins. I don't mind waiting, my backlog is big enough as it is already.

Good job on the platinum.

On 13/03/2022 at 5:06 AM, MidnightDragon said:

Leafe40.png

Bejeweled 3 (March 12)

Earning all the gold badges took a while, especially since two in particular tripped me up big time. The rest was pretty simple. At least it's finished.

It's been a few months since you got this one, but nice work on getting it finished.  I tried for ages to do the Ice Storm mode (think that's what it was called, anyway)  and just couldn't do well enough to get the gold badge for that mode.

Also, I may now have to check out A Street Cat's Tale....