MidnightDragonDX's Trophy Hoard

MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, StewartBros said:

It's been a few months since you got this one, but nice work on getting it finished.  I tried for ages to do the Ice Storm mode (think that's what it was called, anyway)  and just couldn't do well enough to get the gold badge for that mode.

Also, I may now have to check out A Street Cat's Tale....

For me, the most annoying was Diamond Mine, but finally got a level it worked perfectly. 

L256186.png

Did Machinarium on both PS3 and PS4 today. It's a fun, cute, and easy puzzle point and click adventure. None of the puzzles are too difficult, but can easily be looked up if needed. I played it on both PS3 and PS4 since I enjoyed it. If I had a Vita, I would again, but sadly I don't. 

• Like 2

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

No Vita, so have to settle for two.

What I’m referring to is only a select few games have stacks on PS3, Vita and PS4. Dead Nation is one such game, but once 2015 - 2016 rolled around developers only stuck to the PS4. 

Pretty soon we’re going to see the same thing with the PS5, once more people can purchase one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

L256186.png

Did Machinarium on both PS3 and PS4 today. It's a fun, cute, and easy puzzle point and click adventure. None of the puzzles are too difficult, but can easily be looked up if needed. I played it on both PS3 and PS4 since I enjoyed it. If I had a Vita, I would again, but sadly I don't. 

I played this game for "free" when it was on PS Now last year. I took advantage of that one dollar membership for new subscribers. :awesome:

Edited by zizimonster
  • Like 1

:platinum: #84

1L3cd559.png

Marsupilami: Hoobadventure

This was a fun game that reminded me a lot of Donkey Kong Country. Some of the final levels were surprisingly tough, but everything is very straightforward. One of my only disappointments is there are three playable characters, yet the differences are purely cosmetic. You can get all trophies on easy, which gives you unlimited health, but it doesn't keep you from instant death. Extra lives are ridiculously easy to come by, especially if you play the bonus games from time to time. For the most part, the time trials aren't too difficult and you only need to bronze every level for platinum. The time for bronze is pretty forgiving, though I made mistakes and had to do one or two levels over since I failed to get the bronze due to mistakes. Anyway, I would definitely recommend this game.

• Like 4

Nicely done MD, congrats!! If it was similar to DKC, sounds like I may need to check this one out ? Sounds like that would be right up my alley anyway!! Those games were tons of fun and I def played the hell out of them once upon a time ?

I also just realized, we are a mere 8 days away from Stray... I know you've gotta be excited for that one, I most certainly am ? 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 0:57 PM, Joe Dubz said:

Nicely done MD, congrats!! If it was similar to DKC, sounds like I may need to check this one out 1f440.png Sounds like that would be right up my alley anyway!! Those games were tons of fun and I def played the hell out of them once upon a time 1f474.png

I also just realized, we are a mere 8 days away from Stray... I know you've gotta be excited for that one, I most certainly am 1f63b.png 

I just saw Crypt of the Necrodancer on your trophy card. That's a game I'll never finish, but undoubtedly you're just trying it out and see how it fares for you

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Laac1fe.png

July 12

Le7bda5.png

July 13

Completed two more of the Arcade Archives in my collection. These two weren't really worth my time or money. Well, can't win them all...

They look like crap to be honest. No offense.

19 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I just saw Crypt of the Necrodancer on your trophy card. That's a game I'll never finish, but undoubtedly you're just trying it out and see how it fares for you

Yeah buddy! Mostly just testing the waters... It's been going okay so far, got all the "easy" stuff out of the way. I figured I would just play til I'm sick of it and see how far we get! If I'm any good maybe I'll keep going but if not oh well. That game is a beast unlike any other I've conquered up to this point!

21 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Laac1fe.png

July 12

Le7bda5.png

July 13

Completed two more of the Arcade Archives in my collection. These two weren't really worth my time or money. Well, can't win them all...

Ahhh bummer, yep can't win em all for sure... I guess it's a bit of a gamble sometimes with those older ports! I think they're pretty cheap tho at least, right? So hopefully you didn't waste a bunch of money on them!

On 7/13/2022 at 5:35 PM, AJ_Radio said:

They look like crap to be honest. No offense.

None taken. Not sure why I bothered since they sucked, but most of the ones I’ve played haven’t been too bad.

Edited by MidnightDragon

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #85

1L2ba586.png

Road 96

In this game, you play as teens heading for the border trying to escape the brutal dictatorship of your country, so the story isn't happy, but still enjoyed it. Along the way, you'll meet characters and learn about their stories and how they tie to the overall arc. You have to reach the titular Road 96 six times and manage your energy and cash along the way. If you fail, your run is over, but it isn't difficult to do. There's also a character you meet who will end your run if you piss him off too much, but again, it's not hard to avoid that. They're all interesting and no journey is exactly the same. Nothing is too difficult. The collectibles are a tad random, but you'll easily get them before you finish your last playthrough. I would recommend. 

• Like 2

Hmm interesting, I've never heard of this one but let me watch a video of it to familiarize myself...

Okay, now that I'm better versed in it I can weigh in! It looks gorgeous, first and foremost ? I was also digging the tune that was playing, not sure if it was part of the OST but regardless...!

Looks intriguing enough... Everything started out fun, just hitchhiking... Then all hell appeared to break loose!! At any rate, looks like fun and I'm glad it seems you enjoyed your time with it.

Now then, on to Stray, shall we??! ?

• Like 1

:platinum: #86

1Ldc543d.png

Dragon Break Classic

Like @kingofbattle8174, who inspired me to do this, my first and last foray into this "series". I chose the dragon one since I could live with it. I admittedly didn't fully know what I was doing for a while or I would've finished it sooner. xD Well, it wasn't as horrible as I expected, but don't see me buying any more of these in the future. Still, it isn't the worst game I've ever played.

• Like 2

MD, how could you??! Hahaha no no, only kidding. Everything is okay in small doses of course!! I have no room to talk tho... I spend a solid year gobbling up shovelware back in the day ?

I hope it was at least enjoyable... Given the dragon theme I feel like you would have loved it regardless! Congrats on that shiny new :platinum::yay:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: #87

1L569414.png

Pac-Man Museum +

There were games I liked and games I hated. All the missions are doable, but some will take some time. Work on getting all the decorations as you go along to avoid a huge grind later. The only grindy game is Pac-Man 256. Pac-Man Battle Royale is super easy, but boring as hell if you don't have anyone else to play with. Thankfully, many of the games autosave at the end of every level, so you can quit and reload if things go south. Doubt I would've finished some otherwise. Not every game does this, though. I enjoyed it overall, but don't think I'll want to play older Pac-Man for quite a while after this. xD 

:platinum: #88

1L047798.png

Carto

This was a fun, cute, and easy little puzzle game. There isn't a compelling story, but I was glad to see the way it ended. It is long enough to be interesting, but short enough that it doesn't outstay its welcome. I definitely would recommend this.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Had board games on the brain!

Lac6792.png

The Game of Life 2 (August 20)

This is a fun, albeit bare bones take on the board game classic. There used to be a bug where trophy tracking reset if you turned the game off. Thankfully, this was patched recently. That being said, the 1,000 spins trophy is completely unnecessary and just serves to artificially inflate the game and bore you half to death. :P 

Le626c8.png

Trivial Pursuit Live! 2 (August 26)

If you played the first one, you know what to expect. The trickiest trophy is Pop Goes Perfection, where you have to answer all your questions correct. In the round that you have to guess which is the top answer, you have to make sure to pick the right one. Google is definitely your friend here, but sometimes the game has the wrong answers, which made it harder for me to get said trophy. Probably would've finished quicker if I was a bit more motivated, but not a bad game overall.

• Like 3

On 8/27/2022 at 3:37 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Le626c8.png

Trivial Pursuit Live! 2 (August 26)

If you played the first one, you know what to expect. The trickiest trophy is Pop Goes Perfection, where you have to answer all your questions correct. In the round that you have to guess which is the top answer, you have to make sure to pick the right one. Google is definitely your friend here, but sometimes the game has the wrong answers, which made it harder for me to get said trophy. 

Ha, reminds me of the Family Feud game where somene made a Google sheet with a lot of the answers on it. Definitely helped.

• 2 weeks later...