Duck and Dive trophy

Radford999

Has anyone got any tips for this trophy? It’s infuriating. It’s the one where you do a bomb to the ship and try to avoid the bullets. I’m finding it impossible. Steering the plane is just god damn awful! Any tips? I’ve tried doing what powerpyx does and rotate the right analogue clockwise. I've tried following his path between the bullets. All to no avail. Been trying this for like 3 hours! :(

• Like 1

I tried to keep on one side for 2 or 3 seconds, top right for example and then shifted to bottom left, then back sometimes changing it up. I did this near the start of the run and when getting closer to the ship I kind of just went all over the place. I did it in about 10 minutes like this, though I could have simply been lucky. Good luck o/

6 hours ago, Divine_egg said:

I tried to keep on one side for 2 or 3 seconds, top right for example and then shifted to bottom left, then back sometimes changing it up. I did this near the start of the run and when getting closer to the ship I kind of just went all over the place. I did it in about 10 minutes like this, though I could have simply been lucky. Good luck o/

Thanks for the advice. Finally managed to do it. What an annoying little trophy ? The best advice i can give to anyone else is to move the right analogue slowly. Slow precise movements is better than just wiggling it everywhere. 

Yeah I've been having a hell of a time with this trophy... I spent 2.5 hours yesterday trying to get it and got so upset. I also tried powerpyx's strat to no avail. even in their video looks like they lucked out on not taking a hit, some of those tracers passed right through the cockpit...
I'll try with your advice Radford. but damn. This is one of the toughest trophies.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Draps-1337 said:

Yeah I've been having a hell of a time with this trophy... I spent 2.5 hours yesterday trying to get it and got so upset. I also tried powerpyx's strat to no avail. even in their video looks like they lucked out on not taking a hit, some of those tracers passed right through the cockpit...
I'll try with your advice Radford. but damn. This is one of the toughest trophies.

I tried it with powerpyx strat to and failed so bad but believe me this trophy isn't that hard. 

Look at this video this worked for me.

Try to fly to the lower right corner.  Not to much because the bombs could send you back to the bullet hell.

Good luck!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Draps-1337 said:

It is pretty tough. It’s more luck if anything though. I can’t even tell you how i did it lol. I j ow at the start you have to go left, and then go right to avoid the second lone of bullets. On my successful attempt i definitely didn’t weave from left to right like a mad man. It was more controlled. Just gradually move. Tap the right analogue a few times to dodge them. When you see the next line of bullets coming, move to the other side. The end bit is probably the hardest part. 

On 2021-11-08 at 5:12 AM, ShadyWARcotix said:

I tried it with powerpyx strat to and failed so bad but believe me this trophy isn't that hard. 

Try to fly to the lower right corner.  Not to much because the bombs could send you back to the bullet hell.

Good luck!

Thanks, I followed this exactly and it only took a few tries. I positioned the middle part of my plane right where his was over that other carrier and very lightly tapped the stick to the right during the whole descent. Didn't get hit by a bullet or an explosion.

• Like 3

What I did was turn down the Music & Dialogue Volume, to hear if the bullets hit. Turned off World/Weapon motion blur to trace the path of the bullets. 

For my preference I turned sensitivity down to 1, on 20 I kept getting hit. I hope this takes some stress off & helps somehow. 

• Like 3

What I did was : 

Go to the Right side when the bombs hit the plane go Down in the middle bullets go over the plane

the go to the left side when the bombs hit the plane again go down in the middle go to the right side

again bombs het the plane go down in the middle then go to the left side for the last time when bombs hit the plane

go down again in the middle then drop the BOMB and the trophy pop for me.

Got it on my 3rd try.

• Like 1

This has to be one of the most annoying COD trophies i’ve had to do. Just because it seems to be complete and utter luck as to wether you make it or not. 

I watched a few videos and looked at tips but honestly none of them really helped. Whilst trying to stay in a corner/to the side I was just being hit back into the path of the bullets. 

I did manage to get it after an hour or two but all I can suggest is don’t suddenly move the analog stick. Slight gentle movements seemed to keep me just out the way of the bullets on my way down.

Good luck with it anyone trying for it!

Edited by Fluxzhyy

On 11/11/2021 at 2:23 PM, Dragonslayer_023 said:

Thanks, I followed this exactly and it only took a few tries. I positioned the middle part of my plane right where his was over that other carrier and very lightly tapped the stick to the right during the whole descent. Didn't get hit by a bullet or an explosion.

I got this on my second try !!!! After wasting hours on this stupid trophy. I would also recommend turning the music volume all the way down too. Helped me out. Thanks for posting the video.  

This tip I found helped me:

''For me it was key to look at the small flash way down at the ship to indicate where the bullets would come in about 3 seconds. It was also key to try to finish your evasion close to where the last bullets pass you on any given gunfire line.

Also just be patient about dropping the bomb, you will be able to do it after you’ve avoided all bullets and they stop shooting.''

plane sens 4, music vol 0, dialogue vol 35 

On 8-11-2021 at 10:12 AM, ShadyWARcotix said:

Good luck!

This one did the trick!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Turn off the music & dialogue, don't be gentle on the controller & close your eyes, beccause it often doesnt matter what you do. Pretty much only tips I can give. You probably won't get it but maybe will. Focus on the hatred towards whoever gave this trophy a green light to be in this game. Managed to get it after alomst an hour.

Don’t think this has been posted but a tip I found from elsewhere: (PS5): Disable auto cloud upload then close the game as soon as you get the checkpoint when the bombing run starts then you can download from cloud if you screw up. Don’t know if you can cheese it like this on other systems? Probably also works like this on PS4?

Once you have dropped the bomb, if you pause just as he looks down into the cockpit, if you’ve succeeded you should get the achievement then whilst paused and if not you can still reload last checkpoint without having to close the game and re-download your save. Take a look at one of the videos above to see when the trophy pops to see what I mean, as long as he’s looking right down it should be enough. I would imagine this part will work on all systems?

Edited by BA_Velox

• 1 year later...

Been trying this for days now following a bunch of different guides... Even tried playing with mouse, controller and even joystick at one point, all for nought. I even tried just doing nothing and actually got further sometimes, which proves it has nothing to do with skill, when you can just leave the game and get closer to the achievement.
This achievement is the true meaning of pain for any achievement hunter. And that's not even beginning to say that the plane flies like a drunk washing machine on speed.

Edited by krusedull1917