Two Trophies at 0.00% ?

jrod2510

22 hours ago, jrod2510 said:

This game glitched or something?  Or just too difficult at higher levels?

I don't usually post on the forums but let this be a warning for anyone who thinks they can 100% it.

You can't. It's not only old and non-patchable but the challenges/late-game trophies are basically pay-to-win. Some challenges ask you to "level up" twice in a match. That doesn't sound terrible until you realize that it's basically impossible to do unless you have a ball that gives you an extra "level up" in the store when you strike on a level up. That ball costs $50 IRL and is only purchasable that way. 

Even worse, that was one of the first cup's challenges. I wouldn't be surprised if later challenges ask you for more unreasonable crap. 

Basically, do not attempt unless you're a rich jagoff who has enough money to probably spend upwards of $1,000 on microtransactions just to get the right ball for right challenges. Maybe if I'm rich enough one day I'll come back ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

If you hover over them you'll see a 0.1% meaning someone has got them, but it seems like those people either paid for microtransactions, got incredibly lucky and didn't have them glitch, or cheated. 

Um, no that's not what the 0.1% means.  That 0.1% is the arbitrary percentage given by the game devs that serves no real purpose and provides no real or relevant information regarding the achievability of a trophy.

22 minutes ago, nukillerstar said:

I don't usually post on the forums but let this be a warning for anyone who thinks they can 100% it.

You can't. It's not only old and non-patchable but the challenges/late-game trophies are basically pay-to-win. Some challenges ask you to "level up" twice in a match. That doesn't sound terrible until you realize that it's basically impossible to do unless you have a ball that gives you an extra "level up" in the store when you strike on a level up. That ball costs $50 IRL and is only purchasable that way. 

Even worse, that was one of the first cup's challenges. I wouldn't be surprised if later challenges ask you for more unreasonable crap. 

Basically, do not attempt unless you're a rich jagoff who has enough money to probably spend upwards of $1,000 on microtransactions just to get the right ball for right challenges. Maybe if I'm rich enough one day I'll come back ;)

Probably the same bullshit for the 2021 version they released a few months back ?

1 hour ago, jrod2510 said:

Um, no that's not what the 0.1% means.  That 0.1% is the arbitrary percentage given by the game devs that serves no real purpose and provides no real or relevant information regarding the achievability of a trophy.

Wait that's really what that 0.1% means? I thought it was just that someone had earned it and just wasn't registered on here. 

Edited by SnakeSound222

On 11/8/2021 at 9:47 PM, SnakeSound222 said:

Wait that's really what that 0.1% means? I thought it was just that someone had earned it and just wasn't registered on here. 

Yeah, no.  I'd like to know an official reason behind it but I've seen so many numbers that make absolutely no sense that I've determined that the "PSN" listed percentage provides no actual statistical reference whereas at least we know the PSNprofiles percentage is that of those tracked by PSNprofiles.  But what matters most is what is the variance (+/-) of PSNprofiles vs actual because PSNP tracks profiles that allow trophy counts to be seen regardless of whether a user is registered or not.  Lord knows how many PSN users are out there that block trophy counts from being seen by the public (for whatever reason it's hidden in the first place is stupid) not to mention how many fake/bot/cheater accounts are out there and haven't been caught.

Edited by jrod2510
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/11/2021 at 5:12 PM, nukillerstar said:

I can't speak to the Elias Cup and Challenges trophies as I haven't unlocked all of them yet.  But this game definitely does not require you to spend real money.  And even if you were to spend real money to unlock certain features I'm not sure that'll help.  I've already put in 80-100 hours into this game without spending a dime beyond initial game purchase and I'm half way through getting first in the World Series trophy.  

Getting first in some of these tournaments required several plays.  I've yet to run into 300 games in single match pinfall, but I've run into a lot of 270+, which is damn close to perfection and extremely frustrating when you throw 250+ and lose.  It's a challenge for sure.  Currently sitting at 71/115 first places.  

The challenges can be a little annoying.  Having to save up tickets to buy specifics balls (ie Two level ball) can prove grinding.  But in actuality the hardest challenges to complete are the ones that require you to throw a specific spare.  I still haven't thrown a washout for the challenge in PBA East and I've played that specific one repeatedly.  I think I've only ever thrown a small handful of washouts while playing.  Currently at 44/115 without having actively attempted to complete challenges since PBA West.  

I'll definitely update once I've unlocked Elias Cup if this is infact a bugged trophy.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BlackPixieLP said:

I can't speak to the Elias Cup and Challenges trophies as I haven't unlocked all of them yet.  But this game definitely does not require you to spend real money.  And even if you were to spend real money to unlock certain features I'm not sure that'll help.  I've already put in 80-100 hours into this game without spending a dime beyond initial game purchase and I'm half way through getting first in the World Series trophy.  

Getting first in some of these tournaments required several plays.  I've yet to run into 300 games in single match pinfall, but I've run into a lot of 270+, which is damn close to perfection and extremely frustrating when you throw 250+ and lose.  It's a challenge for sure.  Currently sitting at 71/115 first places.  

The challenges can be a little annoying.  Having to save up tickets to buy specifics balls (ie Two level ball) can prove grinding.  But in actuality the hardest challenges to complete are the ones that require you to throw a specific spare.  I still haven't thrown a washout for the challenge in PBA East and I've played that specific one repeatedly.  I think I've only ever thrown a small handful of washouts while playing.  Currently at 44/115 without having actively attempted to complete challenges since PBA West.  

I'll definitely update once I've unlocked Elias Cup if this is infact a bugged trophy.  

Fine, if you want to put 5,000 hours on this, I suppose you're not TECHNICALLY wrong that it's P2W. However, to me, and most people on this site, grinding tickets for levels for hundreds of hours to get to the certain "level" that you need to be to even TRY to buy ONE of the many balls you need to get, best of luck to you and congrats on the 100% if you do. 

If not, I'm trying to think of how many other games or trophies you could get in the amount of time to grind this completion to earn two or so silver trophies, good luck. You're right by all means that it is not completely "required" to spend real money. But I guarantee there will be even more crap considering you've only done 1/3rd of the challenges and still have plenty of grinding more tickets and levels to go. 

I honestly think even if I had 24 hours a day to play this game, it would still take months of consistent play, but if you're the first to do it, hats off to you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nukillerstar said:

Fine, if you want to put 5,000 hours on this, I suppose you're not TECHNICALLY wrong that it's P2W. However, to me, and most people on this site, grinding tickets for levels for hundreds of hours to get to the certain "level" that you need to be to even TRY to buy ONE of the many balls you need to get, best of luck to you and congrats on the 100% if you do. 

If not, I'm trying to think of how many other games or trophies you could get in the amount of time to grind this completion to earn two or so silver trophies, good luck. You're right by all means that it is not completely "required" to spend real money. But I guarantee there will be even more crap considering you've only done 1/3rd of the challenges and still have plenty of grinding more tickets and levels to go. 

I honestly think even if I had 24 hours a day to play this game, it would still take months of consistent play, but if you're the first to do it, hats off to you.

I am hoping to be the first to 100% this game.  Given only 604 owners and only 8 players to achieve 11/13 I don't know if it's the grind or a bug that has prevented anyone else from achieving 100%.  For me, IRL, I love bowling.  I've been bowling for just over 20 years and will continue to until my body can't do it anymore.  

Assuming 100% isn't ruined by bugged trophies I anticipate that I will have to play a total of 300-700 hours, the bulk of that coming from challenges.  I'm also going to pop some quick plats and play other games to reduce the effect of the grind.  

Thanks to selective ball purchases I've been able to snowball my ticket earnings to the point that when I get back to buying balls for specific challenges it won't feel like a dent into my tickets.  Part of my strategy is to change balls per throw based on what the pinfall is leading into it.  I'm currently using four balls with the following stats:

1) +4 gold pins and 40 tickets per throw with a 1000 tickets per hambone

2) +3 gold pins per turkey

3) +50xp and 200 tickets per throw

4) +50xp and 2000 tickets per split conversion. 

On average I earn 4.6k tickets per game and 7 gold pins.  And since my sessions are on the long side, I'm earning anywhere from 30k to 90k tickets per session.  I should be able to save enough gold pins over the next few sessions to buy a 150 lv ball for 1600 gold pins that gives 500 tickets per strike, 1000 tickets per double and 10% chance of +5 gold pins per throw.  

The thing I'm most disappointed with about this game so far is that it doesn't have a platinum when there were plenty of obvious (at least to us trophy hunters) potential trophy candidates that easily could've got them to the point threshold required to get a platinum.  Also, the commentary is incredibly stagnant compared to actually watching the announcers.  At this point I just put on Spotify and play.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlackPixieLP said:

I am hoping to be the first to 100% this game.  Given only 604 owners and only 8 players to achieve 11/13 I don't know if it's the grind or a bug that has prevented anyone else from achieving 100%.  For me, IRL, I love bowling.  I've been bowling for just over 20 years and will continue to until my body can't do it anymore.  

Assuming 100% isn't ruined by bugged trophies I anticipate that I will have to play a total of 300-700 hours, the bulk of that coming from challenges.  I'm also going to pop some quick plats and play other games to reduce the effect of the grind.  

Thanks to selective ball purchases I've been able to snowball my ticket earnings to the point that when I get back to buying balls for specific challenges it won't feel like a dent into my tickets.  Part of my strategy is to change balls per throw based on what the pinfall is leading into it.  I'm currently using four balls with the following stats:

1) +4 gold pins and 40 tickets per throw with a 1000 tickets per hambone

2) +3 gold pins per turkey

3) +50xp and 200 tickets per throw

4) +50xp and 2000 tickets per split conversion. 

On average I earn 4.6k tickets per game and 7 gold pins.  And since my sessions are on the long side, I'm earning anywhere from 30k to 90k tickets per session.  I should be able to save enough gold pins over the next few sessions to buy a 150 lv ball for 1600 gold pins that gives 500 tickets per strike, 1000 tickets per double and 10% chance of +5 gold pins per throw.  

The thing I'm most disappointed with about this game so far is that it doesn't have a platinum when there were plenty of obvious (at least to us trophy hunters) potential trophy candidates that easily could've got them to the point threshold required to get a platinum.  Also, the commentary is incredibly stagnant compared to actually watching the announcers.  At this point I just put on Spotify and play.  

Godspeed you magnificent bastard.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/12/2021 at 9:56 PM, nukillerstar said:

Godspeed you magnificent bastard.

I am the first to ever achieve the challenges trophy.  Sadly, it does appear the Elias Cup trophy is bugged.  I've got a few ideas of potential triggers and will try those, but in all likelihood a pseudo 100% of 12/13 trophies will suffice.  

PS.  Ball selection was huge to make the challenges possible.  There was a lot of heavy reliance of manual saves and gold pins earnings to make some challenges possible.  

Edited by BlackPixieLP
Spelling
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 0:24 PM, BlackPixieLP said:

I am the first to ever achieve the challenges trophy.  Sadly, it does appear the Elias Cup trophy is bugged.  I've got a few ideas of potential triggers and will try those, but in all likelihood a pseudo 100% of 12/13 trophies will suffice.  

PS.  Ball selection was huge to make the challenges possible.  There was a lot of heavy reliance of manual saves and gold pins earnings to make some challenges possible.  

Thanks for being strong enough to get through all of that and checking on if this was possible. Sad to hear there's bugged trophies, if there's anyone who deserves that 100%, it's you. I really, really hope you can find a way to get in contact with the devs.

Apparently, it's these guys: http://farsightstudios.com, try emailing [email protected]

If anyone else is reading this thread, I hope they email the devs about this issue as well, I'm going to get right on it. The more complaints, the better.

Once again, godspeed dude.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2022 at 3:23 PM, nukillerstar said:

Thanks for being strong enough to get through all of that and checking on if this was possible. Sad to hear there's bugged trophies, if there's anyone who deserves that 100%, it's you. I really, really hope you can find a way to get in contact with the devs.

Apparently, it's these guys: http://farsightstudios.com, try emailing [email protected]

If anyone else is reading this thread, I hope they email the devs about this issue as well, I'm going to get right on it. The more complaints, the better.

Once again, godspeed dude.

Unfortunately I have not heard a response as of yet, and frankly I'm not expecting to hear one.  

At least we tried and determined the actual limitations of trophy hunting this game.  

I may write a guide in the near future for the other 12 trophies.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BlackPixieLP said:

Unfortunately I have not heard a response as of yet, and frankly I'm not expecting to hear one.  

At least we tried and determined the actual limitations of trophy hunting this game.  

I may write a guide in the near future for the other 12 trophies.  

I wish I had a larger platform to effect more change on the topic. I would love to see a guide, it might keep me sane if I ever decide to go for the pseudo-100%, and I'm seriously curious what balls and strategies you employed so you could level up and conquer a lot of those tougher challenges.