What game do you regret paying full price for?

Winterkill-

Borderlands 3

I don't regret buying it, just regret paying full price for it.

I thought it was gonna be a game where me and my friends all bought it and we'd put 1000 hours into it together... It didn't really grab us the way I was hoping. 

I easily could've waited for a sale.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 4:56 PM, colinnola said:

Breath of Fire 5 back on the PS2. I'll get over it eventually. 

LOL. One of my potential choices as well.

There are lots of good (bad?) ones, but the main one would probably be Dawn of Mana on the ps2. It’s not just a dud for full price. It would be a dud for most any price. One of the worst games I’ve played, and rightfully forgotten by time. 

In addition to Dragon Quarter mentioned above, another dishonorable mention would be Unlimited Saga, yet again on PS2. I had generally been a fan of Saga games…until that one. What a horrible experience.

• Like 1

Dying Light in its pre order, full price for the very first version of the game, that version isnt more available to purchase, only the Enhanced edition that includes "The following" DLC and other small dlcs is available and i can't play those dlcs even if the game says Dying Light Enhanced Edition in the console and in the tittle screen of the game. paid $49 for a basic game that is frequently in sale for $12.99.

I'd say Destiny and The Division.

I bought them back when I had the XB1, Destiny had a good story and fun for the first run. In the beginning it had next to no end game content except a weekly raid and a daily mission. It got boring pretty quick, the final straw was when the first DLC landed and they changed all of the missions to DLC only, this meant if you didn't have the DLC then you had nothing to do at all.

The Division was just a mess, people got locked out of accounts and characters would randomly be deleted. The devs were radio silent and insisted on implementing things that nobody wanted. I stopped playing after they made it possible for other players to cut the rope and steal your loot during extractions.

I do miss the bug where you could keep adding players to a lobby by kicking someone but having them stay in the area. Having 30 agents blazing through a mission meant for 4 was absolutely hilarious.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 4:54 PM, RHGSniperFox said:

Shaq Fu on the SNES, Superman on the N64, and the Virtual Boy. Shaq Fu & Superman were still around the time when cartridges could be $100USD+ a pop (They were both about $80). The Virtual Boy was a $180, headache-inducing paperweight that wasn't even portable.

Shaq Fu is like the ET of SNES.

Here is mine, only games I've ever pre-ordered FF VIII and this trash below.

Had the perfect cover, had the strategy guide, pick it up in Omaha, NE, drive an hour home with my best friend John and its looking so great until.....WHERE ARE THE FATALITIES???  Every character ever in the game, and they ruin the fatality system.  It's just shameful.

death track resurrection game is terrible controls and gameplay is awful.

mag I bought it a long time ago but never got around to playing then the servers shutdown xD 

mad max thought it was offline only so I never bothered starting it right away and it seems you cant plat it now.

cod black ops 3 pretty much played a few games online and got bored of it

Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One

Crimes and Punishments was great, Chapter One goes further downhill from Devil's Daughter. Additionally the DLC's don't add additional trophies.

I did get C&P for a new digital stack though.

So maybe it is actually Elden Ring ?, those games just aren't for me and I let the hype get to me.

16 hours ago, NewDust said:

Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One

Crimes and Punishments was great, Chapter One goes further downhill from Devil's Daughter. Additionally the DLC's don't add additional trophies.

I did get C&P for a new digital stack though.

So maybe it is actually Elden Ring 1f602.png, those games just aren't for me and I let the hype get to me.

Oh no, I was looking forward to chapter one but been holding off as I heard it's buggy. What didn't you like about it?

1 hour ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Oh no, I was looking forward to chapter one but been holding off as I heard it's buggy. What didn't you like about it?

I think the open world design is detrimental to the game. DD already had a semi-open world and I didn't like it there either. The more linear nature of C&P, while more handholdy, just adds to a better flow.

Maybe C&P was the odd one out and THE SH seriers just isn't for me? Funny thing, the only reason I bought C&P was because I was drunk and the local shop sold it before release. Loved it so much I ended up being the first to platinum it.

• Like 1

Too many to list.

I used to preorder a lot of games back in the day, I still do but I used to too. More often than not, I'd regret it but I didn't care as I had a lot of expendable income at that time in my life so I'd splurge and buy expensive music equipment and video games with it that I didn't really even need. I preorder crap like Need For Speed. There's no reason anybody should ever buy a game like that and pay full price day one, absolutely no reason but I did back then just because I could. 

Now, for me to preorder or pay full price for a game these days, it has to be a game that I'm almost certain I will like. I still get burned every now and then but it's much less frequent than it used to be. For a recent example; I preordered both Dying Light 2 and Horizon 2. I really enjoyed Dying Light 2, but Horizon 2 though? Not so much and I do regret paying $70 for that particular game especially considering it'll probably be on a discount as early as this summer, I should've waited and picked it up then if I only knew. But how can you know until you actually play the game yourself? Just because reviews are saying the game is great doesn't necessarily mean you'll also find it just as great or vice versa. Plenty of games I played that got ripped to shreds in reviews but I ended up liking them. I tend to disagree with the consensus so I don't use stuff like reviews and online comments to prejudge a game. The only true way to judge a game is to play it for yourself and if you don't like it? You can return it depending on where you got it from at least or just wait until it goes on discount. Especially these days considering the state games are being released in now, you're taking a big risk buying a game early at full price but I'm sure I don't have to tell people here that as this information goes without saying now. 

It’s not so much a “I regret” it’s a “I wish I waited” Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade. 

no. It’s not bad. It was just the next day it was announced you could upgrade it for free later that week. And I couldn’t refund it because of PlayStation’s policy. 

ImKelton.png

Edited by ImKelton
Just a better explanation.

Doesn't count but $15 for RE3 Remake. Not a RE fan by any means but truly enjoyed RE2 Remake. Saw the backlash and complain about RE3 so waited on a discount but, even at that price, I was offended lmao. Personally, I've only bought God of War (2018), Returnal and Horizon Forbidden West at full retail price. As a trophy hunter, it makes no sense buying games at full price considering that 99.9% of trophy hunter have a massive backlog. Now, if you're inclined, a big fan of a series and your desire goes beyond than just getting the platinum trophy, by all means, it makes sense and I encourage to buy it on Day 1, if possible.