Difficulty trophy for DLC trophy

xItsLesterx

When playing NG+ (Way of the Strong), you only need to do main story missions. You don't even need to do all main missions, just enough until the mission for Hundred Eyes unlocks. Then skip the rest and kill Hundred Eyes. Then you must complete everything on Way of the Demon, including Main missions, side missions, Dojo missions and Twilight missions. I think that is everything.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

So, let me get this straight,

NG = Samurai

NG+ = Strong

NG++ = Demon

To get the DLC trophy of Way of the Demon, I have to beat the main missions and DLC TWICE, right?

Can I just do NG+, including the DLC? Or do the DLC missions not unlock unless it's done on NG?

Way of the Demon trophy stacks with dlcs and as long as you clear all main missions on way of the strong you unlock access to all regions for WotD difficulty.

• Like 1

@Fletch350

So I don't need to do any DLC mission on Samurai difficulty? Strong (NG+) will unlock the missions DLC missions as I beat a mission?

@Wild-Arms-R

Are you saying I can just unlock all DLC missions for Demon on Strong while not having to do them at all on Samurai? Haha I know it's confusing. Not sure if you get what I'm trying to say. 

1 minute ago, xItsLesterx said:

@Fletch350

So I don't need to do any DLC mission on Samurai difficulty? Strong (NG+) will unlock the missions DLC missions as I beat a mission?

@Wild-Arms-R

Are you saying I can just unlock all DLC missions for Demon on Strong while not having to do them at all on Samurai? Haha I know it's confusing. Not sure if you get what I'm trying to say. 

Yes, after your 1st playtru on samurai(ng)

You only have to clear all main mission on way of the strong(ng+)to unlock access to all base game missions(along with free update missions) and all missions for the 3 dlc regions as well.

Youll be able to skip right to WoTD(ng++)

For all missions.

You can technically clear(I think) 12 or so main missions to unlock WotD earlier but I’d recommend a main mission playtru on WotSr to obtain higher level gear 1st.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Yes, after your 1st playtru on samurai(ng)

You only have to clear all main mission on way of the strong(ng+)to unlock access to all base game missions(along with free update missions) and all missions for the 3 dlc regions as well.

Youll be able to skip right to WoTD(ng++)

For all missions.

You can technically clear(I think) 12 or so main missions to unlock WotD earlier but I’d recommend a main mission playtru on WotSr to obtain higher level gear 1st.

Sweet. Thanks. I was afraid having to do all DLC missions on Samurai, then Strong and finally on Demon difficulty. Just sucks having to replay everything. I'll get on that then instead of doing DLC on Samurai. Got everything done for the platinum. Just waiting on some Twilight missions that I guess I haven't done. Thanks once again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

Sweet. Thanks. I was afraid having to do all DLC missions on Samurai, then Strong and finally on Demon difficulty. Just sucks having to replay everything. I'll get on that then instead of doing DLC on Samurai. Got everything done for the platinum. Just waiting on some Twilight missions that I guess I haven't done. Thanks once again.

Happy to help but could you know leave a like maybe. Ha ha.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Happy to help but could you know leave a like maybe. Ha ha.

lmfao I got you. I probably get to the other missions in the future because it bothers me not having the check mark on a mission but the 100% of trophies will suffice lol

Edited by xItsLesterx
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

The first 2 DLCs were doable on WotD at lvl 200 (even tho the Maria and the Centipede were such a pain) but the last DLC was pure bs .... Hayabuza + the dual bosses fight against the fox and the dead son forced me to play up to Way of the Nioh to get a decent gear. I swear any basic attack one-shot me and I was doing like 50 damage per hit with my best dual swords lol

The base game felt like a 3-4/10. The first 2 DLCs are 5-6/10 imo but the 3rd DLC is easily a 7-8/10 if you are not a pussy spamming Living Weapon or calling out for help. It's very frustrating having to replay the game over and over in a higher difficulty just because one DLC assumes players from the base game were already on Way of the Nioh at the time it got released and they thought the difficulty even on WotD has to take into account players will all have Ethereal gears.