Skyrim Anniversary Edition Next Gen Confusion?!?!

MystifyR

Anyone else having trouble understanding what Bethesda are doing, to my understanding if you own the Special Edition you will get a free upgrade, but if you also own special edition you can pay $30 (AUD) for the Anniversary edition. 

Also confusing is what is the state of trophies? apparently they said trophies will not carry over via saves but saves are transferable? 

Is the game going to have a separate PS5 trophy list? or just continue the Special Edition trophy list? 

The game comes out in like 2 days and there's very little I feel information on a lot of this and all the information I've seen is just to confusing and to many conflicting statements.

I have Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition and would hope the the "anniversary" edition would have its own trophy list via ps5 and not just packing on top of the Special Edition Trophy list, either way, im personally finding all this confusing haha. so if this topic doesn't make sense i apologise.

12 minutes ago, MystifyR said:

Anyone else having trouble understanding what Bethesda are doing, to my understanding if you own the Special Edition you will get a free upgrade, but if you also own special edition you can pay $30 (AUD) for the Anniversary edition. 

Also confusing is what is the state of trophies? apparently they said trophies will not carry over via saves but saves are transferable? 

Is the game going to have a separate PS5 trophy list? or just continue the Special Edition trophy list? 

The game comes out in like 2 days and there's very little I feel information on a lot of this and all the information I've seen is just to confusing and to many conflicting statements.

I have Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition and would hope the the "anniversary" edition would have its own trophy list via ps5 and not just packing on top of the Special Edition Trophy list, either way, im personally finding all this confusing haha. so if this topic doesn't make sense i apologise.

Yes it is very confusing as some sentences appear to contradict one another. I highly doubt that it will add on to the existing PS4 list because as far as I know that is impossible due to the PS5 stat tracking for trophies or something along those lines. No game, to my knowledge, since the launch of PS5 has had a shared list between PS4 and PS5.

• Like 1

If you own skyrim on ps4 you'll have access to a free ps5 upgrade or you can pay extra for the ps5 version that also includes creation club content (basically mods). 

The game will most likely have a separate list like every other game that eventually got a ps5 upgrade. I might be wrong but not a single one has a shared list so I don't see why it would be any different now. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

I'm not surprised you don't understand what's going on because I don't either. Neither do Bethesda by the looks of it ?

From what I understand the Special Edition is essentially becoming the Anniversary Edition, the one with the 4 pieces of content. So presumably everybody's Skyrim Special Edition trophy sets will update and change to Skyrim Anniversary Edition in the next day or so. The paid upgrade unlocks the rest of the creation club stuff and costs £16 or whatever it is your currency.

The PS5 version is where their messaging starts going wrong as far as I'm concerned. When it was announced it was PS5 version, great. PS5 equals new list as there are no shared lists. Ever since then they've used the term upgrade, PS5 version, and update, PS5 patch, interchangeably ?‍♂️ They didn't help matters by releasing a video which only showed a last gen physical version. Which incidentally I'm not convinced exists either because it releases in 2 days and you can't buy it anywhere either.

Finally they release an FAQ where the PS5 version finally seems to be confirmed when they refer to trophy lists. It exists ? there are still questions unanswered though, the free PS5 upgrade.... does that apply to the free lite Anniversary Edition or only the full version? Is the PS5 version actually out on the 11th or is it coming later? Again, its out in 2 days and there is no evidence it exists other than confirmation there will be a trophy list. 

Bit of a farce really

• Like 1