New difficulty

MANU1950

Given the state of the special spawns at the moment, any difficulty beyond nightmare would be a...well, nightmare. If they can get the "4 tallboys spawn in 10 seconds" issues sorted then maybe a new difficulty could work for some but it's not something that I feel is interesting enough to be a bullet point on a road map.

On that basis, I'd want something like a "classic" difficulty (No cards, attachments, trauma etc) or realism, so no outlines or freeing previous killed cleaners from walls.  These do sound more like modes/modifiers though so it's going to be "Not as hard as hard but not as normal as normal" difficulty.

• Like 2

Offline play coming soon, thank god.

Edit: Looks like they nerfed the supply point speed Run RIP. Only get 10 now instead of 34.

Looks like a lot of good things from the patch though, previous stages stay unlocked if you join a later game, fixed mutation spawns, trophies unlock even if you die at the end of a level etc.

Edited by Kcrack_Km

On 11/9/2021 at 5:43 AM, MANU1950 said:

In the 2022 patch notes.

It is mentioned about a new difficulty and this scares me terribly if it is a difficulty more hard than nightmare.

What do you think of this?

I find it hilarious. Here I am over here with my team struggling on ACT 2 on Veteran difficulty and Turtle Rock's talking about something harder than Nightmare? Like holy hell. 

On 11/15/2021 at 10:41 AM, jackmadrox said:

I find it hilarious. Here I am over here with my team struggling on ACT 2 on Veteran difficulty and Turtle Rock's talking about something harder than Nightmare? Like holy hell. 

where does it say the new difficulty will be harder than nightmare? it could be between veteran and nightmare.

22 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

where does it say the new difficulty will be harder than nightmare? it could be between veteran and nightmare.

Has this ever happened before though? A dev releasing a new 'medium' difficulty? It's usually something harder or an easy mode, I've never seen something new in the middle.

1 hour ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Has this ever happened before though? A dev releasing a new 'medium' difficulty? It's usually something harder or an easy mode, I've never seen something new in the middle.

If anything they have mentioned they are nerfing nightmare, so this "new difficulty" could be the current nightmare and nightmare will be scaled down closer to veteran.

• Like 1