Is the online dead already?

52 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You can always make a Session (https://psnprofiles.com/sessions) to gather some people to play. 

I honestly think this is going to be the case if people are wanting to platinum this now.. 

47 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Seriously? no one? I just rented it as well. Was going to get to it after Jumanji 

Yep, no online games.. I’ve made multiple searches and nothing. 

Edited by DaivRules

29 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

May just pass on it then. Isn't it relatively new though? That's weird there is no one online

It’s definitely doable if you boost it. I’ve nearly platted it now and will have it by tomorrow I reckon. 

Yes it is a new game, I think it came out beginning of October. I think it’s one of those games most people play once and never again. 

26 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I am not sure that I want to boost it. If you can't just automatically join a match or find an online player I will pass. I do not have time for all that especially with work. I have mine out from the library atm, so I might just try it. 

Well boosting is still an option though as it ain't that bad. It is only playing 50 quick play matches and the opposing player can pretty much suicide. thus making it very fast boost. 

• Like 1

When I did the plats for PS4 and PS5, the online was so inconsistent and obnoxious that I'm not shocked it didn't retain an active playerbase. If it didn't have rollback, it would be nothing short of unplayable, but unless they made some massive updates it's just mediocre.

Damn shame too since the game is pretty fun, even if I really only played Reptar. He's like Bowser but good! Super rad, great game, just released too soon.

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

Well boosting is still an option though as it ain't that bad. It is only playing 50 quick play matches and the opposing player can pretty much suicide. thus making it very fast boost. 

Literally this! Just got the platinum now and for the 50 quick play wins, we just jumped off the ledge to end the game as quick as possible. The game is easy to platinum if boosting the online, however if you’re doing it legit it will be a grind. 

I think this game is going to be one of those unobtainable plats in the future. The only thing I could see giving this game a new lease of life would be if one month it’s a PS Plus game. 

36 minutes ago, Karnacharya said:

I was thinking of picking this up as my next game, but the trophy I'm concerned about is beating someone with a higher rating than you. That seems impossible if there are no games available.

That trophy is honestly easy to boost as well. As long as you have a friend you can do that no problem.

When you win, your rating goes up, when you lose your rating goes down so you’ll probs have to win one game then lose the next to make sure your opponent is a higher level then win again. (If that makes sense) it’s what I did anyway. 

4 hours ago, BenHarveyMusic said:

That trophy is honestly easy to boost as well. As long as you have a friend you can do that no problem.

When you win, your rating goes up, when you lose your rating goes down so you’ll probs have to win one game then lose the next to make sure your opponent is a higher level then win again. (If that makes sense) it’s what I did anyway. 

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. Any word on if PS4/PS5 crossplay is a thing yet? The fact that crossplay wasn't a thing at launch is kind of silly.

2 hours ago, Karnacharya said:

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. Any word on if PS4/PS5 crossplay is a thing yet? The fact that crossplay wasn't a thing at launch is kind of silly.

No problem! And as far as I’m aware, no word on cross play yet. I think cross play not being available day one helped kill the online much earlier than anticipated, plus the online just isn’t that good. 

• Like 1

Sad to see the game like this, I personally enjoyed the game and im saving it for my 100th plat, but this game came out around a month ago and they said they had 2 characters (probably Garfield & Shredder) that were gonna release "shortly" after launch, but where are they?, also seeing everyone saying the online is dead kinda hurts too, i guess this really wasn't the "smash killer", not like it even had a chance to begin with

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
19 minutes ago, Schrimpey said:

Im playing it atm and there is no one online

I found another player and we did the online trophies by boosting.

on a normal way its impossible you cant find anyone online

You can find some players during the weekends or evenings. It is not impossible but will make the process way longer than boosting.

Edited by FebuKev

• 1 month later...

I platinumed the game in late June, so like two weeks after it was given out for free on PS+. The servers for the PS5 version were basically dead even then. PS4 wasn't bad. It didn't take long to get a match. However, for the PS5 I had to just leave the game running for matchmaking to finally find someone. Probably should have just boosted it. The good news is the trophies are quick. A couple hours to do legitimately.

• Like 1