BenHarveyMusic

Is the online dead already?

21 posts in this topic

Recently rented the game as it looked like a bit of fun however, I am yet to find a single online game. Am I missing something? Kinda sucks as I’m hoping to platinum and didn’t think the game would be dead already. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You can always make a Session (https://psnprofiles.com/sessions) to gather some people to play. 
 

I honestly think this is going to be the case if people are wanting to platinum this now.. 

47 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Seriously? no one? I just rented it as well. Was going to get to it after Jumanji 

Yep, no online games.. I’ve made multiple searches and nothing. 
 

 

Edited by DaivRules
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that was fast. 

I've read good things about this game but I guess it wasn't a commercial success. That's the danger with online games/trophies, though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been making progress with the online, however the only way of doing it I’ve found is boosting with a friend. Genuinely can’t believe the online is dead already, what a shame. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

May just pass on it then. Isn't it relatively new though? That's weird there is no one online


It’s definitely doable if you boost it. I’ve nearly platted it now and will have it by tomorrow I reckon. 
 

Yes it is a new game, I think it came out beginning of October. I think it’s one of those games most people play once and never again. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure that I want to boost it. If you can't just automatically join a match or find an online player I will pass. I do not have time for all that especially with work. I have mine out from the library atm, so I might just try it. 

Edited by sealightbreeze
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I am not sure that I want to boost it. If you can't just automatically join a match or find an online player I will pass. I do not have time for all that especially with work. I have mine out from the library atm, so I might just try it. 

 

Well boosting is still an option though as it ain't that bad. It is only playing 50 quick play matches and the opposing player can pretty much suicide. thus making it very fast boost. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I did the plats for PS4 and PS5, the online was so inconsistent and obnoxious that I'm not shocked it didn't retain an active playerbase. If it didn't have rollback, it would be nothing short of unplayable, but unless they made some massive updates it's just mediocre.

 

Damn shame too since the game is pretty fun, even if I really only played Reptar. He's like Bowser but good! Super rad, great game, just released too soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

 

Well boosting is still an option though as it ain't that bad. It is only playing 50 quick play matches and the opposing player can pretty much suicide. thus making it very fast boost. 


Literally this! Just got the platinum now and for the 50 quick play wins, we just jumped off the ledge to end the game as quick as possible. The game is easy to platinum if boosting the online, however if you’re doing it legit it will be a grind. 
 

I think this game is going to be one of those unobtainable plats in the future. The only thing I could see giving this game a new lease of life would be if one month it’s a PS Plus game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of picking this up as my next game, but the trophy I'm concerned about is beating someone with a higher rating than you. That seems impossible if there are no games available.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem really close to, i was in obligation to make a boosting session ! Maybe because the game is new and not even that popular !

Edited by IciSaku
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Karnacharya said:

I was thinking of picking this up as my next game, but the trophy I'm concerned about is beating someone with a higher rating than you. That seems impossible if there are no games available.


That trophy is honestly easy to boost as well. As long as you have a friend you can do that no problem.

 

When you win, your rating goes up, when you lose your rating goes down so you’ll probs have to win one game then lose the next to make sure your opponent is a higher level then win again. (If that makes sense) it’s what I did anyway. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BenHarveyMusic said:


That trophy is honestly easy to boost as well. As long as you have a friend you can do that no problem.

 

When you win, your rating goes up, when you lose your rating goes down so you’ll probs have to win one game then lose the next to make sure your opponent is a higher level then win again. (If that makes sense) it’s what I did anyway. 

 

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. Any word on if PS4/PS5 crossplay is a thing yet? The fact that crossplay wasn't a thing at launch is kind of silly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Karnacharya said:

 

Ah, gotcha. Thanks. Any word on if PS4/PS5 crossplay is a thing yet? The fact that crossplay wasn't a thing at launch is kind of silly.


No problem! And as far as I’m aware, no word on cross play yet. I think cross play not being available day one helped kill the online much earlier than anticipated, plus the online just isn’t that good. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No cross-play was likely gonna make this one a R.I.P for online.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to see the game like this, I personally enjoyed the game and im saving it for my 100th plat, but this game came out around a month ago and they said they had 2 characters (probably Garfield & Shredder) that were gonna release "shortly" after launch, but where are they?, also seeing everyone saying the online is dead kinda hurts too, i guess this really wasn't the "smash killer", not like it even had a chance to begin with

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did find some players yesterday, so it's not fully dead

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.