Remove from the Leaderboard for psone's servers.

lSpykerl

9 minutes ago, lSpykerl said:

Under what condition will they not be removed from the rating if trophies are received on Psone's servers? 

I'm very glad to be online in Killzone 2. But I've heard that any online trophy gets banned from the leaderboard.

If you're talking about being flagged here on PSNP, then have a look at the approved reopened/fan servers that will not get you removed from the leaderboards if you earn a trophy on them: 

If you do get flagged you will still be able to use everything this website offers, you just won't appear on the leaderboards.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lSpykerl said:

Under what condition will they not be removed from the rating if trophies are received on Psone's servers? 

I'm very glad to be online in Killzone 2. But I've heard that any online trophy gets banned from the leaderboard.

Earning any trophies at all in those servers is enough to get you removed from the leaderboards, because the servers are closed source and thus not permitted under site rules. Only a tiny handful of fan servers are allowed under site rules but PSONE isn't one of them.

• Like 1

I had posted on Twitter the other day how I still think about the opening and Vasari's speech and someone contacting me on there about joining a server that had been opened. Of course I am not doing it. Got the platinum many years ago and don't care to revisit. I am not sure if it was the PSONE or not. 

Edited by snakebit10

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 11:13 AM, Helyx said:

Imagine how great this would be for the community if the server was open source.

From their discord server:

Server codes in an untrusty hands, can lead to your personal information leaked.
-Client IP Address during a connection
-User ingame name
-User region/language at a country basis
-Unique Console ID (PSID)
-User ingame data (Messages, clans, etc.) (edited)
Personally I'd rather it stay closed source and the trophies stay flaggable than risk getting my information stolen.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ChromeSaw said:

From their discord server:

Server codes in an untrusty hands, can lead to your personal information leaked.
-Client IP Address during a connection
-User ingame name
-User region/language at a country basis
-Unique Console ID (PSID)
-User ingame data (Messages, clans, etc.) (edited)
Personally I'd rather it stay closed source and the trophies stay flaggable than risk getting my information stolen.

These are sound arguments.

I think a better question is why can't a CRT member make a dummy account and test the servers to make sure everything works as intended. Clearly if something was modified like XP gains, or other stat manipulation, they would know with minimal testing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

why can't a CRT member make a dummy account and test the servers

Because if everyone has access to the code, every time a change happens, everyone can keep a lookout for what changed if something goes awry. A Cheater Remover playing and not seeing the code, doesn't ensure there is no foul play going on in the code, puts a lot of burden where it shouldn't be, and only tests the one version the only time they test it. Requiring them to replay to test it every time they push a server code update (if they even announce when any code changes happen) and expecting a Cheater Remover to have either the time, or be able to deduce if nothing nefarious was added simply by playing is completely unrealistic.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Because if everyone has access to the code, every time a change happens, everyone can keep a lookout for what changed if something goes awry. A Cheater Remover playing and not seeing the code, doesn't ensure there is no foul play going on in the code, puts a lot of burden where it shouldn't be, and only tests the one version the only time they test it. Requiring them to replay to test it every time they push a server code update (if they even announce when any code changes happen) and expecting a Cheater Remover to have either the time, or be able to deduce if nothing nefarious was added simply by playing is completely unrealistic.

Might just be me, I've always considered the CRT as a prosecutor. In which, they need to provide the evidence that there was foul play in the first place. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. So it actually makes a lot of sense that the burden would be placed on the CRT.

I understand open source makes it easier for them and updates will require further testing, but at the same point, encouraging player to only play on servers that can compromise their information seems like a bigger problem.

26 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Aren't stats and trophies disabled for this server anyway? At least that's what I read a few days ago

According to this, yes trophies are disabled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChromeSaw said:

At what point do the people reviving these servers become more trustworthy than your personal friends?

No way in hell would I jump on this with closed source code. My people know I'm trustworthy, so there'd be zero issue with me personally hosting a server.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richtoon said:

Hey everybody! I just want to say..

I've joined PSOne server on discord and PSOne team is super amazing and very helpful! They have bought back my favourite game MotorStorm online back and I'm sooo happy to play MotorStorm online again! They have bought back Killzone 2 and Warhawk online too. 

They are working on PS Home server atm and I hope.. MotorStorm Pacific Rift online so I can get last two online trophies.

BUT.. I do not believe that its cheat!!! You don't need to hack or mod your PS3, just use DNS numbers in Network Setting to access their private server, they public sharing videos to tell you how to join and they public sharing DNS numbers too.

Their server are not hack, it runs like normal how PSN server was.

PSNProfiles staffs need to check out their server and will see there NOTHING modded and hacked. It runs like normal PSN server.

Here video how to join PSOne server to play MotorStorm, Warhawk and Killzone by just put DNS numbers 

Primary DNS: 185.194.142.4 

Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8

CRT will not accept these servers unfortunately. and the creators aren't very sympathetic to trophy hunters anyway. it's the same process as playing demon souls online, but because it's not open source they got it into their heads that something illegal could happen on those servers. whether you care enough about leaderboards or just not give a fuck, as they are worthless these days.

Just out of curiosity. If the server was opensource and anyone could set it up themselves, than that would break another "unfair advantage" rule as getting into top X% (valor crosses trophies) on your local server with a local leaderboard playing with your friend is much easier than to do the same on the closed source server with a global leaderboard. Does that mean that this game will never be approved?:dunno:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dn-xx said:

Just out of curiosity. If the server was open source and anyone could set it up themselves, than that would break another "unfair advantage" rule as getting into top X% (valor crosses trophies) on your local server with a local leaderboard playing with your friend is much easier than to do the same on the closed source server with a global leaderboard. Does that mean that this game will never be approved?:dunno:

I imagine it would depend on how many of the original features the server creator manages to get working and if the trophies can be obtained without further modifying the code or having to use a hacked console.