DesmaBR

Game will be delisted on 2/7/2022, servers will shut down 8/24/2022

58 posts in this topic

yep i'm reading about that, i'll have to see what i can do at least they give a heads up when the game won't be available digitally. just gotta bite on the price when it hits February. if i don't see any sale and just complete the online portion so i can shelve it.

Edited by Lordguwa
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to enjoy the game. It was just a extremely boring story also bugged me that Light didn’t have a voice actor. Music and graphics were great. Might as well attempt it again before adding another impossible plat to my list.

Edited by SKiL_Clash
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing I redownloaded it and started playing the other day. Best to get it out of the way quickly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But why does the picture online battles will remain available after the server shutdown (except ranked Match). That doesn't make sense...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man i tried the game and it was awful, the clickbait with Light make me angry but still the online portion it's fast and easy? i can think in got it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh fuck, was this due to no one playing or licensing issue? 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this will be my next order of priority..

 

For now I'm messaging my usual boost partner before looking for other people...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost a 1 year gap for the online trophies, good for me because im not ready to play this game again since the trauma in the loading screens on launch day

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

 

The platinum trophy requires you to be online. I don't mean the other online trophies but i mean the actual platinum in this game?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, phoenix24x said:

Hey can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

 

The platinum trophy requires you to be online. I don't mean the other online trophies but i mean the actual platinum in this game?

I don't know where you heard that nonsense but it's completely false - the online and offline modes are separate from each other, plus the devs have already confirmed that the game will remain 100% playable offline once the servers close.

 

Here's the Guide for future reference: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/10037-jump-force-trophy-guide

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HuntingFever said:

I don't know where you heard that nonsense but it's completely false - the online and offline modes are separate from each other, plus the devs have already confirmed that the game will remain 100% playable offline once the servers close.

Yeah it was on the site I read from Twitter. Probably PushSquare stating that the game has online trophies but 2 will affect by shutdown and i think that was the one where you have to fight 1 ranked and the other one was the platinum

 

I'm hoping that I misread that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, phoenix24x said:

Yeah it was on the site I read from Twitter. Probably PushSquare stating that the game has online trophies but 2 will affect by shutdown and i think that was the one where you have to fight 1 ranked and the other one was the platinum

 

I'm hoping that I misread that.

All 6 online trophies will rendered unobtainable by the shutdown, thus locking you out of the Plat if you don't get them done before that happens.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

All 6 online trophies will rendered unobtainable by the shutdown, thus locking you out of the Plat if you don't get them done before that happens.

Thanks. That's what I wanted to be clear with

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh well, at least they gave plenty of notice. I struggled to get into it when I first played it, so I guess it's time for me to give it another try!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ConAir said:

But why does the picture online battles will remain available after the server shutdown (except ranked Match). That doesn't make sense...

Most fighting games have peer to peer system for hosting the actual matches. Which means you directly connect to another person while playing, rather than both players connecting to a mutual server. Which is why you'll still be able to do non-ranked online once the servers get taken down.

 

As far as I can tell, there's only two trophies that will be unobtainable. The one for winning a single ranked match, and the one for challenging other players in the lobby 10 times. With a boosting partner, these two should take maybe 20 minutes. Since you just have to challenge someone, not actually fight them.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to search for a used physical copy (with all DLC included, of course. I don't want to spend the double of the value of the game on DLC chars and cosmetic stuff).

Edited by Vampirehunter145
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

Time to search for a used physical copy (with all DLC included, of course. I don't want to spend the double of the value of the game on DLC chars and cosmetic stuff).

AFAIK, this game never got a Complete Edition of any description 🤔.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK, this game never got a Complete Edition of any description 1f914.png.

It did get one. On the Switch.

 

EDIT: Oopsie, it doesn't have the Character Pass 2

Edited by DesmaBR
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Most fighting games have peer to peer system for hosting the actual matches. Which means you directly connect to another person while playing, rather than both players connecting to a mutual server. Which is why you'll still be able to do non-ranked online once the servers get taken down.

 

As far as I can tell, there's only two trophies that will be unobtainable. The one for winning a single ranked match, and the one for challenging other players in the lobby 10 times. With a boosting partner, these two should take maybe 20 minutes. Since you just have to challenge someone, not actually fight them.

 

Unless something has changed since I've gotten the plat (which is very possible), they have to accept your challenge for it to count.  It isn't enough to just issue the challenge.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember how many online trophies it had but I hated this game so much and need to grind them out as quickly as possible.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.