Game will be delisted on 2/7/2022, servers will shut down 8/24/2022

DesmaBR

yep i'm reading about that, i'll have to see what i can do at least they give a heads up when the game won't be available digitally. just gotta bite on the price when it hits February. if i don't see any sale and just complete the online portion so i can shelve it.

Edited by Lordguwa

I tried to enjoy the game. It was just a extremely boring story also bugged me that Light didn’t have a voice actor. Music and graphics were great. Might as well attempt it again before adding another impossible plat to my list.

Edited by SKiL_Clash

8 minutes ago, phoenix24x said:

Hey can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

The platinum trophy requires you to be online. I don't mean the other online trophies but i mean the actual platinum in this game?

I don't know where you heard that nonsense but it's completely false - the online and offline modes are separate from each other, plus the devs have already confirmed that the game will remain 100% playable offline once the servers close.

Here's the Guide for future reference: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/10037-jump-force-trophy-guide

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

I don't know where you heard that nonsense but it's completely false - the online and offline modes are separate from each other, plus the devs have already confirmed that the game will remain 100% playable offline once the servers close.

Yeah it was on the site I read from Twitter. Probably PushSquare stating that the game has online trophies but 2 will affect by shutdown and i think that was the one where you have to fight 1 ranked and the other one was the platinum

I'm hoping that I misread that.

Just now, phoenix24x said:

Yeah it was on the site I read from Twitter. Probably PushSquare stating that the game has online trophies but 2 will affect by shutdown and i think that was the one where you have to fight 1 ranked and the other one was the platinum

I'm hoping that I misread that.

All 6 online trophies will rendered unobtainable by the shutdown, thus locking you out of the Plat if you don't get them done before that happens.

4 hours ago, ConAir said:

But why does the picture online battles will remain available after the server shutdown (except ranked Match). That doesn't make sense...

Most fighting games have peer to peer system for hosting the actual matches. Which means you directly connect to another person while playing, rather than both players connecting to a mutual server. Which is why you'll still be able to do non-ranked online once the servers get taken down.

As far as I can tell, there's only two trophies that will be unobtainable. The one for winning a single ranked match, and the one for challenging other players in the lobby 10 times. With a boosting partner, these two should take maybe 20 minutes. Since you just have to challenge someone, not actually fight them.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK, this game never got a Complete Edition of any description 1f914.png.

It did get one. On the Switch.

EDIT: Oopsie, it doesn't have the Character Pass 2

Edited by DesmaBR

2 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Most fighting games have peer to peer system for hosting the actual matches. Which means you directly connect to another person while playing, rather than both players connecting to a mutual server. Which is why you'll still be able to do non-ranked online once the servers get taken down.

As far as I can tell, there's only two trophies that will be unobtainable. The one for winning a single ranked match, and the one for challenging other players in the lobby 10 times. With a boosting partner, these two should take maybe 20 minutes. Since you just have to challenge someone, not actually fight them.

Unless something has changed since I've gotten the plat (which is very possible), they have to accept your challenge for it to count.  It isn't enough to just issue the challenge.