Permadeath and grounded with chapter select?

AdriWalkedX

20 minutes ago, AdriWalkedX said:

I'd like to get both trophies in the same playthrough so I won't have to do a fourth playthrough, but I'm afraid of dying when I already played 7 hours or something like that and have to start from the begining again. Can you do this playing each single chapter or It has to be the whole Game?

You can do it by chapter but its not via chapter select. When you start a permadeath playthough it asks you if you want to do it by chapter, act or full game. If I'm remembering correctly it also tells you approximately how much time you'd lose if you die etc chapters you are looking at going back 30mins-hour max depending on the chapter. Honestly they made it exceptionally easy by putting this in. They could have just gone full game and we'd all have been buggered ?

Edited by Cleggworth
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

You can do it by chapter but its not via chapter select. When you start a permadeath playthough it asks you if you want to do it by chapter, act or full game. If I'm remembering correctly it also tells you approximately how much time you'd lose if you die etc chapters you are looking at going back 30mins-hour max depending on the chapter. Honestly they made it exceptionally easy by putting this in. They could have just gone full game and we'd all have been buggered ?

That's what I was afraid of, dying because of a silly mistake after 10 hours of playthrough ?. Thank you for your answer.

Edited by AdriWalkedX

Just now, Cleggworth said:

You can also use the exploits to use cheats without disabling trophies to make it even easier.

Yeah, I was just reading that on this forum, but the thing is that the last time I started a NG+ Game, I was'nt able to select all the chapters. I was using the chapter select screen to make sure I did'nt miss any collectible, but I was only allowed to see the ones that I had completed in that playthrough. Was It some kind of bug or maybe because It was my first NG+ run?

3 hours ago, AdriWalkedX said:

Yeah, I was just reading that on this forum, but the thing is that the last time I started a NG+ Game, I was'nt able to select all the chapters. I was using the chapter select screen to make sure I did'nt miss any collectible, but I was only allowed to see the ones that I had completed in that playthrough. Was It some kind of bug or maybe because It was my first NG+ run?

Nevermind, I did'nt understand the method well. I thought you had to select the same encounter where you are playing on the grounded savefile, but any encounter will work.  

I am doing a new game + run on grounded with permadeath (chapter) right now to get both trophies on the same time. I would not recommend doing both at the same time it its very difficult without cheats. I personally only got to chapter 10 before i gave up and activated invcible while prone. After activating it game became alot easier, but is still somewhat difficult. One singel mistake and you might die and be set back 40 min. If you want to be efficient i would recommend  to split it into two playthroughs.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pikaopas said:

I am doing a new game + run on grounded with permadeath (chapter) right now to get both trophies on the same time. I would not recommend doing both at the same time it its very difficult without cheats. I personally only got to chapter 10 before i gave up and activated invcible while prone. After activating it game became alot easier, but is still somewhat difficult. One singel mistake and you might die and be set back 40 min. If you want to be efficient i would recommend  to split it into two playthroughs.

I ended up doing two playthroughs and I'm glad that I did because I died more times than I expected on grounded. It took me like 7 hours or so and I'm still missing the permadeath playthrough, so probably the most efficient way is doing both things in the same playthrough, but that would've been to much for me ?

9 hours ago, DarrellGoodliffe said:

I feel you but I have decided to do one at a time because both at the same time is too much. Each to their own I guess and I am not too fussed since I have the Plat but sometimes I just like to go back to what is an awesome game. 

DarrellGoodliffe.png

Yeah, the reason why I wanted to do both in the same playthrough was because I thought that I was'nt gonna feel like playing the game so many times (It took me 2 playthroughs to get the plat, I just beated grounded mode today and I'm still missing permadeath) but I'm actually still enjoying the game, so definitely I don't regret to split both playthroughs, it's such a great game.

• 2 weeks later...

Update i finished my new game + run with permadeath (chapter) on grounded. I also collected enough scrap and supplements to max out traits and weapons. I did not use cheats until chapter 10 where I got stuck, then I activated invisible while prone and used it for the rest of the game. The playthrough took me 33 hours where 12 of them where lost because of deaths. I think I lost about 2-3 hours before I started using cheats, but I still lost 9 hours while playing with cheats enabled. As I progressed through the game I got more used to using invisibility so I died less and less and lost less progress, but it was extremely boring. I would definitely recommend splitting the dlc trophies into two playthroughs. I don’t think one playthrough is that more efficient either so do yourself a favor and enjoy the game and do permadeath on easy and a separate grounded playthrough.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can you activate cheats (infinite ammo, one shot kill, etc) on permadeath mode+grounded using the encounter trick even if you are not able to make a manual save? Does the autosave works to be able to enable them?

Btw, I have read that even if you save on PS cloud your autosave in the middle of a chapter, when you restore that backup, you still begin from the start of the chapter (like you died even if you did outside a fight), is that true?

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Shaakaa82 said:

Can you activate cheats (infinite ammo, one shot kill, etc) on permadeath mode+grounded using the encounter trick even if you are not able to make a manual save? Does the autosave works to be able to enable them?

Btw, I have read that even if you save on PS cloud your autosave in the middle of a chapter, when you restore that backup, you still begin from the start of the chapter (like you died even if you did outside a fight), is that true?

Thanks.

Yes, see the first post in this thread for the exact steps:

Anytime you exit the game you will have to re-enable the tweaks.

On permadeath (chapter) the only checkpoints are the beginning of each chapter so if you leave the game in the middle of a chapter it will load you back at the beginning of said chapter when you return. 

Edited by da-Noob123

3 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Yes, see the first post in this thread for the exact steps:

Anytime you exit the game you will have to re-enable the tweaks.

On permadeath (chapter) the only checkpoints are the beginning of each chapter so if you leave the game in the middle of a chapter it will load you back at the beginning of said chapter when you return. 

Thanks for your answer. 

I read that post but is talking about grounded mode only. He says that you can combine it with permadeath but step number 3 is to make a manual save, something you cannot do on permadeath so thats why I ask.

Regards.

21 minutes ago, Shaakaa82 said:

Thanks for your answer. 

I read that post but is talking about grounded mode only. He says that you can combine it with permadeath but step number 3 is to make a manual save, something you cannot do on permadeath so thats why I ask.

Regards.

To do permadeath grounded tweaks you need to complete the prologue in its entirety to unlock Encounters. So get to chapter 1 and quit, then go to Encounters and enable tweaks, quit again and then continue the story. If you do it without permadeath you just need to get past the first Encounter in the grocery store and it will be unlocked. 

It's possible that it unlocks this way as well in permadeath grounded but why risk it and slog through the opening again. If however you die in the second Encounter you might as well check to see if Encounters were unlocked before going back in again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

To do permadeath grounded tweaks you need to complete the prologue in its entirety to unlock Encounters. So get to chapter 1 and quit, then go to Encounters and enable tweaks, quit again and then continue the story. If you do it without permadeath you just need to get past the first Encounter in the grocery store and it will be unlocked. 

It's possible that it unlocks this way as well in permadeath grounded but why risk it and slog through the opening again. If however you die in the second Encounter you might as well check to see if Encounters were unlocked before going back in again. 

Ok, thanks for the explanation, I will try when I finish the prologue.

Regards.

Confirmed, it works. Just to mention that even with permadeath, you can use the encounter in the grocery when you regain control of Abby while escaping the horde, no need to wait to chapter 1. Activating tweaks in that part makes it very easy.

In fact, with that tweaks and invisible while prone, getting both trophies is going to be a breeze...

• 3 months later...

Hey guys! I got the Platinum more than 1 year ago and I want to finish the 2 DLC trophies now. There are lots of tips in this forum, but can someone can give me a personal opinion to what I should do to get these trophies done the fastest? Should I combine them or not? How hard is it? I am going to finish Part 1 (PS5 version) soon so I will be fresh with the game mechanics.

• 11 months later...

Is there some kind of save scum prevention? Because I'm making a backup to cloud when not in a fight and can continue from where I stopped playing. But after dying, I'm downloading my backup and I'm still starting from beginning of the chapter. I'm even deleting all saves on hard drive before I download backup but still nothing. 

It seems like there's some kind of hidden save file that we can't access and saves whenever you quit/die in a fight. Or maybe game uploads save to cloud in a background? Has anyone found a way around it? This is first time when I'm occurring something like that. It's not a big deal, because this game is not hard, but this makes me wonder how it's possible.