How many of you are Fallout fans?

CosmoConstant

I can't wait for Fallout 4.  Also, I would love to see HD remakes of the first two games.  I absolutely loved Bluepoint Games' HD remakes of ICO & Shadow of the Colossus and would love to see Bethesda do the same type of HD remakes for Fallout 1 and 2.  The only way I replay older games is when there is an HD remake of the game.  I have never actually played Fallout 1 or 2 but loved Fallout 3 as well as the dlc.  I did not care much for New Vegas though.  That's probably because it was done by Obsidian Entertainment and not Bethesda.  Bethesda games have always been a little bit buggy but nowhere near as buggy as New Vegas is (even after all the patches).  I also didn't care much for the Courier story.  I though that it was kinda dumb and the dlc even worse.

Anyways I have a PS4 now but none of the games are really going to satisfy me until Fallout 4 comes out.  There will be games that will be kinda good but nothing as awesome as Fallout 4 is going to be.  :D

Edited by MonkeyDad1977
  • Like 1

Fallout 3 was awesome. Stepping out of the vault for the first time and seeing that view was just wow. Agree with you on new Vegas was a lil disappointing. Can't wait for fallout 4 really hope it's going to be an amazing game. Be good if they did remake the first ones, have a nice lil collectors box set. :)

• Like 2

I'm a diehard Fallout fan, only disappointed that I only got into it with 3 (my all-time favourite game of "last" gen). Ironically, despite getting it on launch, I never got round to ever finishing NV (despite loving it), and the Ultimate Edition I bought 12-ish months ago is still unplayed on my shelf (like RDR, it's hard to get back into when starting from scratch) :(

Fallout 4 will likely prompt me to get a PS4, as it's the only game I can't really live without or wait for a price-drop/GotY/physical copy (like I have been with Bioshock Infinite, BF4, Watchdogs, every episodic Telltale game etc.).

I was also one of the many Fallout fans caught up in the admittantly well crafted/thought-out Survivor2299 fake ARG and practically lived on Reddit for three weeks, contributing to the discussion with the fantastic community over there at /r/Fallout. I'd highly recommend at least visiting :)

Edited by pilotfish5296
  • Like 2

In addition, despite being buggy as all hell, I've never sunk more time into a game then I've done with Fallout 3, with 700+ hours over 7 or 8 separate playthroughs!

The only real downside is (in-game) I become a kleptomaniac and have to pick up almost everything, fast-travel back to the nearest vendor and flog it for those precious, precious caps :)

• Like 3

I really liked Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics (so many characters to experiment builds with).

Fallout 3 was good but I liked New Vegas more. Despite it's being quite unstable, I liked the fact that it was much more grey and less black'n'white.

Fallout 1 was good too, but I never liked the fact that it had a time limit.

Fallout 3 had a better environment and sense of desolation, but I thought New Vegas was miles better in every other aspect, it captured the essence of the original games far better as well. Luckily I played New Vegas on PC so I never had any performance issues.

Chances of Bethesda making a HD collection are slim as they were never involved in the development or publication of the original titles. They haven't aged particularly well either in my opinion and it would take too much time and money modernising them as nearly everything would have to be reworked.

• Like 1

Fallout 3 is one of my favourite games this gen, and of all time too. The moment you step out of the vault for the first time is without a doubt one of my favourite gaming moments, just awe inspiring. It had a great story-line, plenty of side missions, some cool NPC's and each DLC added a unique experience. New Vegas wasn't quite up to the same standard, but was still an awesome game in it's own right. I have never played the earlier Fallout games, but managed to pick them up when GOG offered them for free just recently. Not sure when I'll end up playing them though.

• Like 1

I've been a fan since I got Fallout 3 when it first came out. Both do really well in getting the player immersed in their setting and I noticed that difference playing New Vegas after Fallout 3. I think I actually like New Vegas better because you have more choices and most of them matter in the long run, not to say they didn't in Fallout 3 but New Vegas has a wider variety. 

I haven't played the first two though. I don't think I could since I'm not a fan of turn-based combat.

I hope Fallout 4 is worth the wait though. I remember reading about an MMO in the works some years ago but it got shut down because Bethesda won some kind of lawsuit or something I forget the details. It looked really promising though. Would have been nice to walk around the wasteland with a group of friends or strangers fighting Super Mutants and hordes of Ghouls.

Edited by omegarevan

Fallout 3 had a better environment and sense of desolation, but I thought New Vegas was miles better in every other aspect, it captured the essence of the original games far better as well. Luckily I played New Vegas on PC so I never had any performance issues.

Well New Vegas was developed by Obsidian, and there are some people in there that worked on the original games.

Really enjoy both of the modern games (Despite the large amount of bugs) got of the editions that include all DLC and sank hours into both titles. While New Vegas definitely had a different feel to it than 3 I enjoyed New Vegas far more it just seemed to improve on 3 in almost every way, the story and choices felt far more diverse, the DLC was kind of a mixed bag but you can say the same for 3 aswell. In terms of bugs I found 3 just as bad if not worse at times. Both are excellent titles though I must admit even as someone with a hate for Bethesda though personally I'll still wait for the heavily patched DLC included complete edition before so much as think about touching another game in the series.

I've enjoyed my time with all the Fallout games and would love to see a 4th on the PS4, but please Bethesda, test your game before you release it. There have been plenty of "What do you want in Fallout 4" threads on the internet and one of the most requested things is less bugs, that is pretty pathetic. 

Parker

• Like 1

I never played the first 2 games but Fallout 3 is probably one of my favorite games of all time and I really liked New Vegas too. I didn't like how you couldn't do every quest in one playthrough and the huge amount of animals seemed to overwhelm me, but other than that, I really enjoyed it. I absolutely cannot wait for Fallout 4

• Like 1

I've always been a big fan of post-apocalyptic movies and when I played Fallout 3 I liked how it felt like real life.  A lot of other post-apocalyptic video games are cartoony and silly.  Metro: Last Light is a pretty cool game but the problem is that it's just too linear, other than that it's a pretty good game.  I wonder if the new Mad Max video game is going to be any good?  Anyways Fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time and I am really looking forward to Fallout 4.  :D

Edited by MonkeyDad1977

re playing fallout 3 now ^_^ , played it on xbox first time round, favorite game hands down. probably the only game id bother lining up in the cold at midnight for is fallout 4. if they do midnight release of course ...pointless otherwise.

• Like 3