The infamous trophy of vice city

4 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

So playing ignorant here as I never did this on PS4, despite being aware it's a notoriously annoying trophy, how difficult/time consuming will this be and what is required to achieve this??

As far as I know: there are two methods. One involves putting in the same chest code again and again for 3-5 hours. The other one has a more involved setup, but then you can just let the game run for a few hours if you fix your R1 with a rubber band to keep shooting.
I read somewhere that cheats might invalidate trophies in this version, but I have no means to confirm that. So not sure if the first method is an option. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LifeInTheFactory said:

As far as I know: there are two methods. One involves putting in the same chest code again and again for 3-5 hours. The other one has a more involved setup, but then you can just let the game run for a few hours if you fix your R1 with a rubber band to keep shooting.
I read somewhere that cheats might invalidate trophies in this version, but I have no means to confirm that. So not sure if the first method is an option. 

First off, cheers for the reply ?

Ok cool, so assuming these methods still work, it may not be all bad (not being naive here) as there are options.

Can you get to work on this asap or is it advisable to do post game?

8 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

Can you get to work on this asap or is it advisable to do post game?

for the chopper afk method, the earlier the better, as its based on shot accuracy, so the more bullets you (and other npcs if i remember correctly) shoot, the longer that method takes, as for the other idk.  though you do have to glitch to the second island to do the chopper method as early as possible, so that might not exist in this version

7 minutes ago, LifeInTheFactory said:

Cheats now disable trophies, so the way to go now would be the "Sea Sparrow Method" in a new save file. Among other things you have to grab 80 hidden packages without firing a single bullet. That is, if the jumping through the docks fences glitch to access the second island hasn't been fixed (probably not).

Following the analysis at the GTAForums, I can see they are not good remasters at all. Not for a $60 "definitive edition" at least. I know Grove Street Games/War Drum is a small studio, but they were clearly not up to task.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

Following the analysis at the GTAForums, I can see they are not good remasters at all. Not for a $60 "definitive edition" at least. I know Grove Street Games/War Drum is a small studio, but they were clearly not up to task.

What is wrong with it? I've seen some gameplay from GTA 3 and Vice City. Looked good to me.

1 hour ago, CChan112 said:

The infamous godfather criminal rating trophy is still there! Why rockstar games, i'm crying now lmao

I assume it will be confirmed within about 5min of the game releasing, but for all we know the requirements or criminal rating calculation may have changed to make it less of an issue.

23 minutes ago, barra333 said:

I assume it will be confirmed within about 5min of the game releasing, but for all we know the requirements or criminal rating calculation may have changed to make it less of an issue.

I am assuming this already due to the trophy being silver instead of gold now

3 hours ago, VeldinX said:

This infamous trophy has not only returned but it’s now a silver instead of a gold! Really is a slap in the face to us trophy hunters. 

1 hour ago, RockmanBN said:

Good luck getting it now. Dunno if Seasparrow got patched and cheats turn off trophies so no exploding grind.

Come on, is it really that hard to read at least a few recent posts in thread you are replying to? Yes, cheats are disabling trophies. It was already mentioned here. Also yes, the infamous trophy is back while being silver now, already mentioned. What was also mentioned is that the reason for the trophy being silver and not gold is that maybe calculation of the criminal rating is different in Definitive Edition.

Edited by BloodyRutz

20 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Come on, is it really that hard to read at least a few recent posts in thread you are replying to? Yes, cheats are disabling trophies. It was already mentioned here. Also yes, the infamous trophy is back while being silver now, already mentioned. What was also mentioned is that the reason for the trophy being silver and not gold is that maybe calculation of the criminal rating is different in Definitive Edition.

calm down bro lol. just postin a screen shot as reference

• Like 2

I just tried doing this trophy and it doesn't work anymore with the old method.

• The Cone Crazy mission can still be done. All you have to do is finish seven times at 0:00 seconds, then add 1 second each time and you should get $10m+.
  • Getting through the gate collision glitch is a little trickier now, probably due to the assets being from Unreal Engine, but it can be done.
  • Got the 80 hidden packages and unlocked the Sea Sparrow
  • THE SEA SPARROW NOW TRACKS BULLETS FIRED. This basically means that you won't be able to get passed 99%.

Looking for a different method now to do this.

Edit: By 99%, I meant 99% Accuracy. You could probably get to 100% accuracy by not having any bullets fired anywhere near you, but you still won't be able to get past that and raise your criminal rating.

Edited by hotshot995

28 minutes ago, hotshot995 said:

I just tried doing this trophy and it doesn't work anymore with the old method.

• The Cone Crazy mission can still be done. All you have to do is finish seven times at 0:00 seconds, then add 1 second each time and you should get $10m+.
  • Getting through the gate collision glitch is a little trickier now, probably due to the assets being from Unreal Engine, but it can be done.
  • Got the 80 hidden packages and unlocked the Sea Sparrow
  • THE SEA SPARROW NOW TRACKS BULLETS FIRED. This basically means that you won't be able to get passed 99%.

Looking for a different method now to do this.

Edit: By 99%, I meant 99% Accuracy. You could probably get to 100% accuracy by not having any bullets fired anywhere near you, but you still won't be able to get past that and raise your criminal rating.

Use this Method, it works for me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotshot995 said:

Can confirm this works. Thanks so much man! It's not as easy since you need to lose the cops, position the boat properly and the guns are slower, but it's way easier than doing anything else.

The best thing to do if you want to steal the police boat is to try just firing a shot but not shooting at him. Then you run around a little in the boat area so that he wants to hit you, but the AI is sometimes so stupid and falls from the boat and drowns and you still only have 1 star that then disappears.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the sea sparrow method is annoying also but i suppose if you can set it up and leave it running its ok, just lt it be the first thing you do in the game then once thats sorted you can actually enjoy the rest of it, thats what i did for the ps4 version. also for me getting paramedic/firefighter/vigilante missions done early is the better way to go so all the boring stuff is done.