Let's Play Atelier

Welcome everyone to the thread!  I hope you guys enjoy it.  Feel free to join too if you haven't played any Atelier games yet and plan to or you've already completed some of them!  You still get custom awards for games you've completed prior to joining the LP thread.  For unity and to give an example of the kinds of awards you can win, I've posted my award for Atelier Ayesha below.

jzwckaO.png

Hope to see you guys soon!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moridin83 said:

I have been meaning to tackle my massive backlog of atelier games. Hopefully this will help give me a push!1f601.png Either way, good show. Looking forward to people's updates!

Awesome!  Thanks for being the first one to join and welcome!  I hope the extra push will help you enjoy these games (they're quite addicting).  Which one were you planning on starting with?  I personally recommend Ayesha.

Hi. Count me in. Im allready in the "middle" of plating Rorona. (Unlocked normal and true endings.) I got almost all Atelier games in my backlog beside hard to grab Lulua. I play slow so wont be updating much but someday ill get them all completed :D

Edit. Almost all. I dont play extra versions so only main versions will land on my acc :)  (No dx, no plus. etc.)

Edited by Beliar4
  • Like 1

This will be my first let’s play on the site =) I am planning on starting the arland dx series soon/Xmas, but have completed mysterious original + Nelke + Ryza1+2 sofar.

as you can see from my cabinet - I like barrels =)

Edited by Insert_v2
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome!  Thanks for being the first one to join and welcome!  I hope the extra push will help you enjoy these games (they're quite addicting).  Which one were you planning on starting with?  I personally recommend Ayesha.

Probably Rorona/Rorona plus? I tend to be a stickler for release order if I still have the system available. I'd like to get this series going, but multiple long play series make juggling games difficult. I just finished Yakuza Dead Souls, so a change of pace like getting my atelier backlog started sounds fun, but some of what I've read about the time limits in the older games is a little intimidating.

• Like 2

Its a common thing when you see a barrel, you say Barrel!.

Time limit is tough cookie placed on player. Also ng+ delete all things beside you cash (I mean your inventory and levels are wipe out) But its a knowladge checkpoint. You start new game with more money if you manage to save some and experience.)

Edit. Btw theres also Neptunia LP thread worth mention.

Edited by Beliar4
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Beliar4 said:

Hi. Count me in. Im allready in the "middle" of plating Rorona. (Unlocked normal and true endings.) I got almost all Atelier games in my backlog beside hard to grab Lulua. I play slow so wont be updating much but someday ill get them all completed :D

Edit. Almost all. I dont play extra versions so only main versions will land on my acc :)  (No dx, no plus. etc.)

Welcome to the thread and thanks for joining!  I hear the PS3 version of Rorona is a lot more difficult than the later versions (I've mainly played the DX version myself).  But I can appreciate you playing slow!  I intend to keep this LP going indefinitely so take all the time you want playing through them all!

23 minutes ago, Insert_v2 said:

This will be my first let’s play on the site =) I am planning on starting the arland dx series soon/Xmas, but have completed mysterious original + Nelke + Ryza1+2 sofar.

as you can see from my cabinet - I like barrels =)

Welcome!  Thanks for joining!  I'm glad this is the first LP you've joined, I hope you enjoy it.  You've made some great progress with the series though!  Best of luck with the Arland series and congrats on being the first person in the thread to complete the Ryza series!  Here are your custom books:

@Insert_v2

Spoiler

FafHTNK.pngbzKPjsO.pngdBhYd3v.pngD3Bpe0H.pnglsKHqYy.pngtdwfk0P.png

14 minutes ago, Moridin83 said:

Probably Rorona/Rorona plus? I tend to be a stickler for release order if I still have the system available. I'd like to get this series going, but multiple long play series make juggling games difficult. I just finished Yakuza Dead Souls, so a change of pace like getting my atelier backlog started sounds fun, but some of what I've read about the time limits in the older games is a little intimidating.

I can definitely see getting bogged down with a lot of different LPs (though with mine, there's no time limit so play at your leisure).  And I was intimidated by the time limit too, especially with Rorona.  But after playing it myself it isn't too bad you just have to keep an eye on your tasks and don't waste too much time (the original PS3 version of Rorona is apparently a lot stricter though).  And while I'm usually a stickler for release order too, I really got into playing Ayesha (the stories are mostly confined to their own games/universes).  It's a great way to learn the series mechanics and the time limit is really lax on that game so it's not gonna bog you down.  Or, if you wanna forget the time limit altogether, Sophie/Ryza are apparently great places to start too.  But honestly, however you want to play them is the right way as long as you have fun with them!

7 minutes ago, CaptainMonkster said:

I'll get in on this! Get one platinum in every game except for the ryza series! Which I plan on starting soon 

Welcome to the thread and thanks for joining!  Awesome job with the platinums!  Which of the trilogies has been your favorite so far?  Here are your custom tiles by the way!  You're very close to becoming our first Master of Alchemy!

Spoiler

kyQYPos.png9x1BFXM.pngQVJwvxA.pngBLnTPkA.pngNAat8o5.pngG3KJgNz.pngIvpvynU.pngXRoDzeM.pngZ6nh4MY.pngU41KFew.pngsss0jsV.png

• Like 1

This looks like something fun to do count me in. I started with the Ryza games and I've already 100% both installments. I want to play Atelier Sophie before the sequel is out. I'll probably do this in January once I'm finished with FFXIV Endwalker. I'm worried about trying the older games because I hear they have heavy time restrictions. Honestly not a fan of that aspect but I'll see how I go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SirJacobFlames said:

This looks like something fun to do count me in. I started with the Ryza games and I've already 100% both installments. I want to play Atelier Sophie before the sequel is out. I'll probably do this in January once I'm finished with FFXIV Endwalker. I'm worried about trying the older games because I hear they have heavy time restrictions. Honestly not a fan of that aspect but I'll see how I go.

Welcome and thanks for joining!  I hope you do have fun with it and nice job with the Ryza platinums!  I'd say the heavy time limit mainly applies to the earlier Arland trilogy games (mostly Rorona on PS3 though the PS4 version can still mess with you if you're not careful).  I highly recommend the dusk trilogy though (Ayesha, Escha & Logy, Shallie).  They do have a time limit but it's so lax that you really don't have to worry about it.  The mysterious trilogy is good too and I'm sure the sequel will have elements from Firis and Lydie/Suelle, not just the first Sophie game (kinda like how Lulua had elements from all three Arland games).

Here are your books!

Spoiler

6NoNABG.pngLRO07tX.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 9:15 AM, Cassylvania said:

Atelier games are the best, aren't they? Alright, I'll join. I have finished...

1. Rorona DX
  2. Totori DX
  3. Meruru DX
  4. Ayesha DX
  5. Escha & Logy DX
  6. Sophie
  7. Firis
  8. Lydie & Suelle
  9. Lulua
  10. Ryza
  11. Nelke

Welcome to the thread!  Cool name by the way!  Atelier games are awesome, I really enjoy playing them too.  Great job with the platinums!  I notice you're working on Shallie right now.  Are you gonna play Ryza 2 after that?  Which of the trilogies has been your favorite so far?  Here are your custom awards:

Spoiler

9KNN6kS.pngtB4e1J9.pngF4lHM6x.pngItjoMJf.pngiwhWC1G.pngAns8Ugh.pngLDh74uW.pngO2h5XCR.pngxeCiCIP.pngqpwqUGp.pngskFT2KX.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Welcome to the thread!  Cool name by the way!  Atelier games are awesome, I really enjoy playing them too.  Great job with the platinums!  I notice you're working on Shallie right now.  Are you gonna play Ryza 2 after that?  Which of the trilogies has been your favorite so far?

That's the plan! I actually just finished Shallie a few minutes ago. I'll start Ryza 2 as soon as my copy comes in the mail...and then maybe Sophie 2 on release day. That's a rarity for me.

Favorite trilogy? Hm. Well, Ryza is my favorite game and Nelke is my least favorite, but neither of those are really part of a trilogy (for now). I probably liked Arland the best. I think I've platinumed Totori three or four times now on separate accounts, so that's probably my favorite of the three. I also really liked Lulua.

Thanks for the badges! Going for that complete collection.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

That's the plan! I actually just finished Shallie a few minutes ago. I'll start Ryza 2 as soon as my copy comes in the mail...and then maybe Sophie 2 on release day. That's a rarity for me.

Favorite trilogy? Hm. Well, Ryza is my favorite game and Nelke is my least favorite, but neither of those are really part of a trilogy (for now). I probably liked Arland the best. I think I've platinumed Totori three or four times now on separate accounts, so that's probably my favorite of the three. I also really liked Lulua.

Thanks for the badges! Going for that complete collection.

Wow, great timing I guess!  Awesome job completing Shallie.  Looking forward to seeing Ryza 2.  You could very well be the first person to become a "master of alchemy" by completing all titles, you're really close!  I've heard a lot of great things about Ryza and I'm looking forward to playing it myself (currently, I'm going through Escha & Logy).  But I wouldn't be surprised given the success that Ryza will become a trilogy (or even quadrilogy).

You're welcome for the badges, here's another one for completing Shallie and best of luck with Ryza 2!

Spoiler

ujfXi1Z.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Skelletra said:

Thank you for making this event!

I only just recently got into the Atelier series so it's great timing to find this thread. I just got the platinums for Ryza and Ryza 2 on PS4. I'll be starting the Mysterious trilogy up soon and am really looking forward to it. 

Thank you for joining and welcome to the thread/site!  I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the series so far.  I've heard a lot of good things about the mysterious trilogy and it's a great time to start since Sophie 2 is coming out.  Hope you enjoy them too!  Here are your awards!

Spoiler

TIzMTbS.png7GG8CbV.png

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

I've platted Sophie, really been meaning to go back to Atelier as I buy every Gust game on release even if I just add them to the pile.

Welcome to the thread!  I'm bad about buying the games and adding them to the backlog too but they are fun games.  Thanks for joining!  Here is your award!  By the way, best of luck with Yakuza 0, it's one of my favorites.

Spoiler

fMho20P.png

1 hour ago, Malachen said:

Always up for more Atelier. I have a few of the plats already. Gonna have to get a list later. Currently working through plus versions on Vita

I can see you've played a lot of the Atelier games so far, thanks for joining!  Which one has been your favorite so far?  I'm currently working on Escha & Logy myself (though the PS3 version) so good luck with completing the Vita version!  Here are your awards!

Spoiler

nGM4B7x.pngyXPDiAI.pngF7MnVBt.pngAJIAWvP.pngsy1dues.pngEC5928s.pngL6hwkS4.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Reveal hidden contents

TIzMTbS.png7GG8CbV.png

Reveal hidden contents

fMho20P.png

I can see you've played a lot of the Atelier games so far, thanks for joining!  Which one has been your favorite so far?  I'm currently working on Escha & Logy myself (though the PS3 version) so good luck with completing the Vita version!  Here are your awards!

Reveal hidden contents

nGM4B7x.pngyXPDiAI.pngF7MnVBt.pngAJIAWvP.pngsy1dues.pngEC5928s.pngL6hwkS4.png

My favourite so far is Atelier Meruru. All the best parts of the Arland trilogy mixed together and I loved the developing of the city. The fact that you HAVE to do a full playthrough to start getting most of the trophies appealed as well because my first run through was completely blind.

I've nearly finished EandL and Ayesha plus on the vita but I stopped playing for a bit. This will encourage me to jump back on them.

• Like 1