Let's Play Atelier

20 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Atelier games are indeed fun. Have at least Platinum the Mysterious Trilogy and Ryza Duology:

1. Atelier Sophie 1

2. Atelier Firis

3. Atelier Lydie & Suelle

4. Atelier Ryza 1

5. Atelier Ryza 2

Plan to do Sophie 2 then it comes out next year.

Awesome, welcome to the thread!  Thanks for joining!  Are you planning on playing the other games in the series too?  By the way, I put your forum name on your awards but if you'd prefer your PSN name, please let me know and I'll redo the awards.

Spoiler

MwRBrtQ.pnghQL0Chl.pngvVq8w9H.pngrlrfXaj.pngy4VsEUG.png

20 hours ago, SmellsLikeJazz said:

I’d like to join. I probably won’t begin one until a bit after the New Year, but this will encourage me to play the games and be more active in the forums!

Of course, welcome!  Thanks for joining!  Which games are you looking to play first?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Are you planning on playing the other games in the series too?

Yeah, plan to work on the Plus versions of Dusk Trilogy and Arland Trilogy then I start working on my PS3 & PS Vita backlogs. Plan to return to Nelke too down the line and get the 4th Arland game then I'm done with the Arland Trilogy.

• Like 1

Hey all, hope things are going well!  Just as a minor update, I managed to wrap up Ryza and I can see why everyone likes this game so much.  It was a ton of fun and I can't wait to jump into the sequel.  All the additions really made this one a lot of fun for me and the scenery was beautiful (especially at night).  Just for comradery, I've posted my tile below.  Hope you all are doing great.

Spoiler

mh7iSMS.png

• Like 3

Ryza

Sophie

Escha & Logy

Ayesha

Meruru

Do plan to pick some new atelier games, and may pick some old atelier DX for my vita.

On 12/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, Malachen said:

My favourite so far is Atelier Meruru. All the best parts of the Arland trilogy mixed together and I loved the developing of the city. The fact that you HAVE to do a full playthrough to start getting most of the trophies appealed as well because my first run through was completely blind.

I've nearly finished EandL and Ayesha plus on the vita but I stopped playing for a bit. This will encourage me to jump back on them.

Same here. I stopped playing this series after Sophie as I think the story and alchemy are really watered down.

However a friend encouraged me to pick up Ryza and I had quite some fun with it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

Ryza

Sophie

Escha & Logy

Ayesha

Meruru

Do plan to pick some new atelier games, and may pick some old atelier DX for my vita.

Same here. I stopped playing this series after Sophie as I think the story and alchemy are really watered down.

However a friend encouraged me to pick up Ryza and I had quite some fun with it.

Welcome, thanks for joining!  Great job with the Vita completions and Ryza!  Which atelier games are you looking into?  If you like the older style, I'd probably recommend Shallie, as I hear its a lot of fun and it would finish off the dusk trilogy for you.  Here are your tiles!

Spoiler

gt27Jdx.pngr4qvhgc.pngSMCNcWw.pngUsNzQAp.pngBkPjUal.png

17 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I went and picked up PS3 copies of Totori, Ayesha and Meruru to add to my collection, and now I have every PS3 Atelier game on PS3, PS4 and Vita

I think I have a problem.

Awesome!  I can't see any problems with that, Atelier is a really fun series and I'm glad you managed to track down the Arland trilogy on PS3!  Then again, I'm in the same boat as you (I picked the Japanese versions on PS3 and Vita as well as the originals lol).  I hope you enjoy them though, they're fun games but look out for Rorona, the original version is a lot tougher than the Plus/DX version from my understanding.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I went and picked up PS3 copies of Totori, Ayesha and Meruru to add to my collection, and now I have every PS3 Atelier game on PS3, PS4 and Vita

I think I have a problem.

I recently did the same, got some very good deals on some PS3 physical editions including a sealed Totori

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy late new years everyone!  I hope you all had a great one and enjoyed yourselves!  I was personally trying to wrap up Ryza 2 before the New Year but didn't manage to make it in time.  However, I did manage to wrap up the PS4 version last night and I've completed both Ryza games now.  I'm working on getting the PS5 stack with my cross save before I hop on either Nelke or Sophie (maybe even finish up Escha & Logy who knows).  For the sake of community, I've posted my own tile below.

Spoiler

rSXAZdh.png

On 12/27/2021 at 6:37 AM, Pauloxzak said:

Cool! Count me in, I do want to trackle this games, hopefully this year

Thanks for joining and welcome to the thread!  Best of luck with getting your first Atelier platinum!  It gets addicting!

On 1/5/2022 at 1:35 PM, Skelletra said:

Happy New Year everyone!

I just started up Atelier Sophie and am trying to take my time and not rush through it. I'm really enjoying unlocking new recipes.  

Happy New Year to you as well!  I see you managed to complete Sophie, great job!  Are you gonna play Firis next or wait till Sophie 2 releases?  Here is your tile!

Spoiler

NlZNdJs.png

On 1/5/2022 at 1:49 PM, Dragonslayer_023 said:

Nelke keeps me from having platinumed every game in the series (aside from original PS3 Rorona.)

Thanks for joining and welcome to the thread!  Awesome job with the completions!  I see you've got a couple of unfinished stacks on your profile, any plans to hop back on and finish those?  Here are your tiles!

Spoiler

d8mMu8J.pngCMPziJU.pngBEKYH13.pngwpBk5Hh.pngjeyKOUP.pngoadty0o.png4oqm79c.pngLjW8GMv.pngwPi7VAk.pngs6ekgu7.pngXh1j78B.pngxlfC78u.png51AjABw.pnghecJ73t.png77FVJhq.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TomoTakino said:

Are you gonna play Firis next or wait till Sophie 2 releases?

I'll be starting up Atelier Firis when I get home from work tomorrow. Really looking forward to it and then Atelier Lydie & Suelle before I take a brief break from alchemy and play some other titles. ?

• Like 1

Hello everyone!  Quick update, first of all I just wanted to mention that I managed to snag the PS5 plat for Ryza 2 and, for the sake of community, I've posted my tile below!

Spoiler

nQKt6x1.png

Also, the game guides section has been updated with the awesome new Lulua end game gear/item guide by @MakotoKaCun and @Beyondthegrave07 (thanks guys for your hard work!).  Check it out if you're playing Lulua and want to craft some ultimate gear for that game!

• Like 3

I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but please do count me in!

My goal is to platinum the entire series in 2022 (slowly but surely).

So far, I have the following:

DUSK

Atelier Ayesha Plus

Atelier Escha&Logy Plus

Atelier Shallie Plus

ARLAND

Atelier Rorona DX

Atelier Totori DX

Currently working on Meruru DX and having a blast (her design is too adorable)!

I'll probably keep Nelke for the very end since I'm not someone who loves simulators (but I'll be happy seeing so many characters again)!

So far Totori has been my favourite. Maybe because I was dreading it at first (couple of people I know gave up on it), but turns out the deadlines were pretty lenient? The only thing that felt bad was the inability to sort when crafting (the little things you take for granted). I had even started with Dusk to avoid getting into Arland right away. What a mistake, it's been so fun (well, all Atelier games have been so far)! Gonna do Lulua next before moving on to Mystery (Sophie 2 will probably come out by the time I get there)! Then finally Ryza!

• Like 2

Well, I guess it's finally for me the time to play my collection and not having there in my backlog lol. 

I tried to start many years ago with Atelier Escha & Logy, but I could never find the ingredients for a recipe :(

Considering I just got the platinum for Blue reflection Second Light which kinda share gameplay with Ryza games I'll start with them.

In Summary  I have in my backlog:

Alchemist of the Dusk trilogy (ps3)

Mysterious Alchemist trilogy (ps4)

Ryza duology (ps4)

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 6:39 AM, Aknosom said:

I'm not sure how I missed this thread, but please do count me in!

My goal is to platinum the entire series in 2022 (slowly but surely).

So far, I have the following:

DUSK

Atelier Ayesha Plus

Atelier Escha&Logy Plus

Atelier Shallie Plus

ARLAND

Atelier Rorona DX

Atelier Totori DX

Currently working on Meruru DX and having a blast (her design is too adorable)!

I'll probably keep Nelke for the very end since I'm not someone who loves simulators (but I'll be happy seeing so many characters again)!

So far Totori has been my favourite. Maybe because I was dreading it at first (couple of people I know gave up on it), but turns out the deadlines were pretty lenient? The only thing that felt bad was the inability to sort when crafting (the little things you take for granted). I had even started with Dusk to avoid getting into Arland right away. What a mistake, it's been so fun (well, all Atelier games have been so far)! Gonna do Lulua next before moving on to Mystery (Sophie 2 will probably come out by the time I get there)! Then finally Ryza!

Of course, welcome to the thread, thanks for joining!  Great job with the completions so far!  I'm sure you can finish them all in 2022 but please don't rush through them, they're a lot of fun but it's easy to burn out on them if you push yourself too hard.  It's funny that you mention that about Arland though.  I went through a somewhat similar thought process with Rorona as I heard from everyone how difficult it was so I "officially" started with Ayesha.  However, I managed to play through Rorona on Switch and had a blast with it (I gotta go back to the PS4 and play through that version).  I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the Arland trilogy as well as the Dusk trilogy.  I hope you continue to enjoy the series though!  Here are your awards!

Spoiler

furR6pa.png3adpEl7.pngJiJS8hG.pngBVkZr27.pngZaqgSoK.png

On 1/22/2022 at 7:25 AM, GoldenShaka said:

Well, I guess it's finally for me the time to play my collection and not having there in my backlog lol. 

I tried to start many years ago with Atelier Escha & Logy, but I could never find the ingredients for a recipe :(

Considering I just got the platinum for Blue reflection Second Light which kinda share gameplay with Ryza games I'll start with them.

In Summary  I have in my backlog:

Alchemist of the Dusk trilogy (ps3)

Mysterious Alchemist trilogy (ps4)

Ryza duology (ps4)

Awesome, thanks for joining!  Are you planning on going back to the first Blue Reflection game?  It's OK though, it can be really confusing at first when starting out Atelier games but once you get the hang of the core mechanics, you'll have a blast.  I can say I really enjoyed the Ryza duology and it's a great place to start the series from since it's much more forgiving than past games and let's you explore and figure out mechanics without really penalizing you.  Best of luck playing through the series though and I hope you continue to enjoy it!

• Like 2

I finished Firis and started Lydie&Suelle yesterday! I think story wise Firis might be my favorite so far, but I'm really looking forward to starting the Dusk trilogy later this year. 

I'm liking the characters of Lydie and Suelle a lot more than I thought I would. I'm very amused by what Suelle's chosen weapon is instead of a staff. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome, thanks for joining!  Are you planning on going back to the first Blue Reflection game?  It's OK though, it can be really confusing at first when starting out Atelier games but once you get the hang of the core mechanics, you'll have a blast.  I can say I really enjoyed the Ryza duology and it's a great place to start the series from since it's much more forgiving than past games and let's you explore and figure out mechanics without really penalizing you.  Best of luck playing through the series though and I hope you continue to enjoy it!

I didn't get the part about the1st Blue reflection, I mean I have Blue reflection platinums :)

I'll go back the Dusk trilogy after beating the Riza Duology. Yes,  that trilogy is less forgiving than the time management. But it's something that I've left sleeping long time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skelletra said:

I finished Firis and started Lydie&Suelle yesterday! I think story wise Firis might be my favorite so far, but I'm really looking forward to starting the Dusk trilogy later this year. 

I'm liking the characters of Lydie and Suelle a lot more than I thought I would. I'm very amused by what Suelle's chosen weapon is instead of a staff. 

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it so much!  Best of luck with Lydie and Suelle, here's your award!

Spoiler

82iDZLG.png

3 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

I didn't get the part about the1st Blue reflection, I mean I have Blue reflection platinums :)

I'll go back the Dusk trilogy after beating the Riza Duology. Yes,  that trilogy is less forgiving than the time management. But it's something that I've left sleeping long time.

My apologies, I didn't see the first game on your trophy list but it's there.  Sorry about that!  But definitely check out the dusk trilogy, they're awesome games!

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 2:48 PM, TomoTakino said:

Of course, welcome!  Thanks for joining!  Which games are you looking to play first?

Right now I’m playing Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age. Then:

Atelier Ryza

Atelier Ryza 2

Atelier Sophie

Atelier Firis

Atelier Lydie & Suelle 

Atelier Sophie 2

I don’t know how many I’ll get to this year because I’m also in the Ultra Rare Cleanup group, but those are the ones I want to play eventually, starting with Ryza.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 9:41 AM, Cassylvania said:

Done. Ryza 2 is completed. I have now platinumed every game in the Atelier series.

(in b4 Sophie 2)

Amazing job!  If I'm not mistaken, that makes you the first Master of Alchemy!  That is until, as you pointed out, Sophie 2 releases this week.  But that's still an awesome accomplishment!  What did you think of Ryza 2?  And are you still planning on picking up Sophie 2 on release or are you gonna wait?  Here's your award!

Spoiler

UAExThC.png

On 2/19/2022 at 9:51 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I really intend to get a few of these games in there but I want to play them on my Vita. Of course since I missed any and all opportunities to get them on sale I really have to eat some hefty prices for the digital collections. Mark my words though I WILL be participating in this

Welcome to the thread!  You've got a seriously impressive profile!  99% completion rate is nothing to sneeze at, especially with some tough completions!  These games are a lot of fun to play on Vita, though they can be a bit choppier at times compared to the console (especially PS4).  Looking forward to seeing your progress though and I hope you enjoy these when you pick them on up Vita!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Amazing job!  If I'm not mistaken, that makes you the first Master of Alchemy!  That is until, as you pointed out, Sophie 2 releases this week.  But that's still an awesome accomplishment!  What did you think of Ryza 2?  And are you still planning on picking up Sophie 2 on release or are you gonna wait?  Here's your award!

Thanks! I actually disliked Ryza 2, making it the first game in the series that disappointed me. I'm not sure why. I guess my biggest complaints were that I constantly got stuck trying to figure out how to advance the story, there were WAY too many cutscenes, and it started to feel very formulaic. The alchemy system seemed more convoluted than usual too, which is really saying something.

I might wait on Sophie 2. I've been thinking of starting the Tales series soon and I'd like to limit myself to one JRPG at a time.

Thanks for the badge! Best of luck to those trying to complete the whole series.

• Like 1