Let's Play Atelier

Hello everyone, hope you're doing well!  Just a quick announcement.  As I'm sure some of you are aware, the new Atelier game releases tomorrow: Atelier Sophie 2!  As such, I've updated the thread and Atelier Sophie 2 is now required for both the Mysterious trilogy and Master Alchemist (sorry Cassylvania, I know it's a day early).  However, there is also a new award to win which is in the sample section.  You can see the image below as well.  Good luck to anyone going for the completion!

c25Ry3Y.png

• Like 2

I haven't had much time over the last few months to play (moving / work / etc) - but was determined to play Sophie 2 on release. Took me 5 days with the constant interruptions (at least 2 to long) but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

In saying that - my only disappointment was playing the whole game almost on very hard - I swapped to normal to farm a bit and forgot to swap back for the last boss.

Ohh wells - I do love GUST artwork tho - The ending art was really good.

edit: also I had the laugh - I saw the barrel at the very start and spammed it - no trophy popped (was like dammit gust you trolls - why no barrel trophy - because I didn't check the list before hand - never do) - come back and click it once at the end and ding platinum =)

Edited by Insert_v2
  • Like 1

Ahh I love Atelier so much but I'm bad about taking super long breaks in the middle of them or finishing the story and not cleaning up the plats. I'd love to join!

I've platinumed Atelier Sophie, Atelier Firis, and Atelier Ayesha DX. I've been playing the original Rorona off and on on my PS3, but I dont know if I have the will to platinum that one ? We will see! 

I also pre-ordered Sophie 2 but my copy hasn't come in yet ? Can't wait to join everyone in playing it. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 8:44 PM, Insert_v2 said:

I haven't had much time over the last few months to play (moving / work / etc) - but was determined to play Sophie 2 on release. Took me 5 days with the constant interruptions (at least 2 to long) but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

In saying that - my only disappointment was playing the whole game almost on very hard - I swapped to normal to farm a bit and forgot to swap back for the last boss.

Ohh wells - I do love GUST artwork tho - The ending art was really good.

edit: also I had the laugh - I saw the barrel at the very start and spammed it - no trophy popped (was like dammit gust you trolls - why no barrel trophy - because I didn't check the list before hand - never do) - come back and click it once at the end and ding platinum =)

Very nice!  Congrats on being the first one to complete the game!  I'm about to start Sophie soon (I'm trying to wrap up dot hack atm) and I'll fire it up once I finish Sophie.  But you can switch difficulties?  I know I was slightly worried about the very hard trophy when I first saw the list.  But it seems like you were able to flip it back to get the trophy in the end.  Also, that's a funny story about the barrel but it makes for a great last trophy lol.  Congrats again on being the first!  Here's your tile!

Spoiler

n9pqRSI.png

23 hours ago, JourneySilvers said:

Ahh I love Atelier so much but I'm bad about taking super long breaks in the middle of them or finishing the story and not cleaning up the plats. I'd love to join!

I've platinumed Atelier Sophie, Atelier Firis, and Atelier Ayesha DX. I've been playing the original Rorona off and on on my PS3, but I dont know if I have the will to platinum that one 1f605.png We will see! 

I also pre-ordered Sophie 2 but my copy hasn't come in yet 1f62d.png Can't wait to join everyone in playing it. 

Welcome, thanks for joining!  I'm the same way, I'll start them and move onto something else.  But they're still fun games!  Rorona is a bit of a pain on PS3 to finish but I'm sure you can do it if you tried.  Hopefully your copy comes soon.  Thanks again for joining, here's your tiles!

Spoiler

Fg68rA8.png0UHg2vL.pnglTDrzN7.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Very nice!  Congrats on being the first one to complete the game!

Thanks =)

3 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

I'll fire it up once I finish Sophie.  But you can switch difficulties?  I know I was slightly worried about the very hard trophy when I first saw the list.  But it seems like you were able to flip it

You start on normal but can change to easy/hard/very hard from the menu. The other 2 difficulties are post game /ng+. Currently you can not replay the final boss in clear-save but we expect this to be fixed soon, as there is chat code in the event log showing the boss to other a rematch, just doesn’t seem to be implemented/available now.

The game is set between sophie and firis so I would recommend playing 1 first for some context - but they include a story so far movie at the start screen, which was a nice touch.

i definitely enjoyed Sophie/firis more than the twins, but I also liked parts of the dusk trilogy (need to replay on PSN once I’ve played Arland.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

I just finished Sophie 2 today and that means I have platinumed the 4 Mysterious games! I'm going to start going back to some of the older games soon. I'm close to having the platinum for Meruru, so I'll just need Lulua to have all 4 Arland games platinumed :D

Awesome!  Thanks for joining!  Which games have been your favorite so far?  Are you planning on playing the dusk trilogy after you finish up the Arland games?  Here are your custom books!

Spoiler

mH8DAYl.pngMQmV9HN.pngi6ysDHJ.pngE0H6S4L.pngfJMzPrb.pngD39a28N.pngKOU7il5.png

5 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome!  Thanks for joining!  Which games have been your favorite so far?  Are you planning on playing the dusk trilogy after you finish up the Arland games?  Here are your custom books!

Thanks so much! And thank you for the awesome books :D Hmmm I've really enjoyed all of the games so far, but I've probably enjoyed the Arland trilogy the most...I do enjoy overcoming the time limits. So I've recently redownloaded Ayesha Plus, so when I've got some extra time I'll be restarting that and getting into the Dusk trilogy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just added Meruru DX to my completed list yesterday. It was such a fun game! I thought I'd hate the whole population/building facilities aspect, but it wasn't a pain at all. I did end up having to do a third playthrough for some of the endings (learn from my mistake, save often and don't overwrite them... yes, I'm dumb).

Taking a short break before jumping into Lulua and the Mysterious series. I can't believe I'm actually going to miss having deadlines, haha!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 4:56 PM, Aknosom said:

Just added Meruru DX to my completed list yesterday. It was such a fun game! I thought I'd hate the whole population/building facilities aspect, but it wasn't a pain at all. I did end up having to do a third playthrough for some of the endings (learn from my mistake, save often and don't overwrite them... yes, I'm dumb).

Taking a short break before jumping into Lulua and the Mysterious series. I can't believe I'm actually going to miss having deadlines, haha!

Great job with the completion!  I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Meruru!  I think a lot of people worry about the deadlines but they're not TOO bad.  Best of luck with Lulua and the Mysterious trilogy!  Here's your book!

Spoiler

h16iEIF.png

• Like 1

Thank you!

I think I'll be stuck on my current game for months to come (Shiren the Wanderer), but hoping I can get to at least Lulua before the end of the year!

So many games and yet so little time!

Edited by Aknosom
  • Like 2

I'd be interested in joining this. I've been collecting the Atelier games over the years (mostly recently) to the point where I have just about every stack possible (just missing Lydie and Suelle JP and Ryza Korean at this point), but I still haven't actually played any yet. Since I do wanna eventually get every Atelier plat, I'd be going in order to reduce mechanic whiplash from going back to older titles after newer ones (will probably make an exception for Lulua and Sophie 2 though, given circumstances).

Also in the list of games, there are a few regional stacks missing from the list. There's Lulua JP, Ryza Korean, and Lydie & Suelle JP from what I can see.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of updates again.  Been sick for a couple weeks (not covid but something else apparently) and been super busy at work since I got another promotion (probably why I'm not getting better as fast as I should be).  Thank you all for your patience though.

On 5/16/2022 at 3:23 PM, Meikoomon said:

Thank you!

I think I'll be stuck on my current game for months to come (Shiren the Wanderer), but hoping I can get to at least Lulua before the end of the year!

So many games and yet so little time!

I'm sure you will!  The Shiren games are a lot of fun so I hope you enjoy playing that one!  But I'm sure you can get Lulua!  I look forward to seeing you post an update regarding this!

On 5/17/2022 at 11:19 AM, Walt the Dog said:

I'd be interested in joining this. I've been collecting the Atelier games over the years (mostly recently) to the point where I have just about every stack possible (just missing Lydie and Suelle JP and Ryza Korean at this point), but I still haven't actually played any yet. Since I do wanna eventually get every Atelier plat, I'd be going in order to reduce mechanic whiplash from going back to older titles after newer ones (will probably make an exception for Lulua and Sophie 2 though, given circumstances).

Also in the list of games, there are a few regional stacks missing from the list. There's Lulua JP, Ryza Korean, and Lydie & Suelle JP from what I can see.

Welcome and thanks for joining!  Glad to see you again!  (I usually interact with you on the Neptunia threads).  I do want to say big thanks for pointing out that I missed the regional stacks.  I've corrected this and added them as options.  I really appreciate you letting me know!  I see you've played a little of the Atelier games.  I wish you the best of luck with Rorona though.  It's a fun game but it can be challenging at times.  Looking forward to seeing you around the thread!

On 6/4/2022 at 3:06 PM, ZDOG002 said:

Hi if this is still open I’d love to join.

I have 3 Atelier Plats atm.

Atelier Sophie and the Mysterious Book (DX)

Atelier RYZA

Atelier RYZA 2

and hopefully more soon

Of course!  Thanks for joining!  Great job with the platinums!  Are you gonna play the rest of the mysterious trilogy next or something different?  Here are your awards, thanks for joining!

Spoiler

YOZGFoR.pngauHiEn0.pngBZ9zUM6.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This isn't a completion update but it's been months so I wanted to chime in.

I put Atelier Lydie/Suelle down for a bit in February due to getting burnt out with grinding for the battle mixes (and being pretty dejected over some spinal procedures in the real world. make sure you lift heavy things correctly!) but now have all physical releases from Atelier Rorona-Sophie 2...so I need to finish them. ?

I started Atelier Ayesha and am really looking forward to finishing up the Dusk trilogy. The only problem is that time limit makes me so nervous lol. I was following a guide and somehow shop items weren't unlocking for me when they should so I'm a couple days off from the guide in regards to character events. I'm going to be having to resign myself to more playthroughs than expected for Arland I feel. ? 

I've been listening to the Sophie 2 OST at work. It really makes me want to load it up and finish it but I feel I should clean up Lydie/Suelle and Ayesha first.

Hope everyone has been well and making progress! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 11:50 AM, Cassylvania said:

I'll be taking my crown back now. Sophie 2 complete.

Unless I learn Japanese, that's as far as I can go.

Of course!  Great job on the completion!  Welcome back to Masters of Alchemy!  What did you think of Sophie 2?  And they're teasing an announcement from Gust soon so hopefully you'll have another Atelier game to play soon!  Here's your tile!

Spoiler

hQbApha.png

On 8/29/2022 at 0:06 AM, Skelletra said:

This isn't a completion update but it's been months so I wanted to chime in.

I put Atelier Lydie/Suelle down for a bit in February due to getting burnt out with grinding for the battle mixes (and being pretty dejected over some spinal procedures in the real world. make sure you lift heavy things correctly!) but now have all physical releases from Atelier Rorona-Sophie 2...so I need to finish them. 1f605.png

I started Atelier Ayesha and am really looking forward to finishing up the Dusk trilogy. The only problem is that time limit makes me so nervous lol. I was following a guide and somehow shop items weren't unlocking for me when they should so I'm a couple days off from the guide in regards to character events. I'm going to be having to resign myself to more playthroughs than expected for Arland I feel. 1f605.png 

I've been listening to the Sophie 2 OST at work. It really makes me want to load it up and finish it but I feel I should clean up Lydie/Suelle and Ayesha first.

Hope everyone has been well and making progress! 

Thanks for the update!  I wouldn't worry about the time limit in the dusk trilogy.  They're very forgiving with their time limit.  But I'd recommend playing them in the order you want, they're fun games and you shouldn't get too hung up on which game to play.  Go with whichever one you enjoy!  Best of luck to you!

• Like 2

On 9/11/2022 at 2:02 AM, TomoTakino said:

Of course!  Great job on the completion!  Welcome back to Masters of Alchemy!  What did you think of Sophie 2?  And they're teasing an announcement from Gust soon so hopefully you'll have another Atelier game to play soon!  Here's your tile!

Thanks! I liked Sophie 2 a lot. The alchemy system was a little confusing, but I'm glad the series has become more accessible, if it means reaching a wider audience.

I look forward to the next challenge this series has to offer. (And I might begin Blue Reflection soon. I hear it's similar.)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Happy new year,

I've completed Atelier Lulua and Atelier Sophie 2 since my last update!

I've gotten Atelier Lydie & Suelle up from 84% to 90% but am having a bit of trouble with the final two bosses and crafting the end game gear. The completion percentage is so high on this game so it's probably a me problem. I'm debating on chipping away at it again tomorrow or putting it down again and coming back to it later. I guess we'll see.

Atelier Ryza 3 comes out soon!

• Like 2

I remembering buying a steelbook copy of Rorona five years ago when I was in a group home but I returned it when I realized what was entailed of me. I'm not very fond of most time management games(though I did platinum Persona 5 Royal twice) and I had no idea how to go about the series. Now I heard that the later trilogies do not have time management but even so I was a bit wary. This thread might be the motivation to actually try an Atelier game as I do like the idea of being an alchemist. :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I remembering buying a steelbook copy of Rorona five years ago when I was in a group home but I returned it when I realized what was entailed of me. I'm not very fond of most time management games(though I did platinum Persona 5 Royal twice) and I had no idea how to go about the series. Now I heard that the later trilogies do not have time management but even so I was a bit wary. This thread might be the motivation to actually try an Atelier game as I do like the idea of being an alchemist. :)

Hello fellow Pokemon Trainer...oh wait wrong Game :)

The New Atelier Games you have all time of the World to complete it. No Time Management or Events you pass. Most of them are bound to the Members friendship Level wich increase autoamtic on the Field Map and in Combat. You also get recipes for the Items you need to progress trough the Story you mostly never lost at any point. Its realy not that hard.

wihle im hear i have complete the following Games:

Atelier Ayesha The Alchemist of Dusk

Atelier Escha & Logy: The Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey

Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Paintings

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland (PS3)

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland

Atelier Shallie: Alchemist of the Dusk Sea

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Book

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 7:07 AM, Taruta13 said:

The newer ones are way more relaxing as far as time management goes. Atelier Firis has a time limit for the first part of the game but it's not bad at all. I was taking my time and still had 100+ days left before I got to where I needed to be. I really want to get into Dusk and Arland but that time limit does make me nervous lol.

On 1/18/2023 at 3:55 PM, Meikoro said:

Atelier Ayesha The Alchemist of Dusk

Atelier Escha & Logy: The Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey

Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Paintings

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland (PS3)

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland

Atelier Shallie: Alchemist of the Dusk Sea

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Book

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World

You've completed a lot! Do you have any favorite games or favorite trilogy in the series?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skelletra said:

You've completed a lot! Do you have any favorite games or favorite trilogy in the series?

They all great so this will be difficult too choose but:

Favorite Series: Arland

Favorite game: Escha & Logy ( Willbell <3 )

A15842-1512819475.1394200742.jpg

• Like 2