Let's Play Atelier

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!  Thank you for your patience and participation.  A lot of cool Atelier news has come out including news of a remake of the very first Atelier game!  (Thanks Skelletra for posting and letting me know about that!  Very cool!).  Of course, this will be released a few months after the third Ryza game which is due out next month!  In preparation, I've created new books for these titles (PS4 and PS5 versions) which you can see in the spoiler below!  Look forward to earning them as these titles come out in March and July!

Spoiler

OPKAusM.pngoVpX74F.png7OEabwi.pngXULe7Z8.png

On 1/17/2023 at 9:53 PM, Skelletra said:

Happy new year,

I've completed Atelier Lulua and Atelier Sophie 2 since my last update!

I've gotten Atelier Lydie & Suelle up from 84% to 90% but am having a bit of trouble with the final two bosses and crafting the end game gear. The completion percentage is so high on this game so it's probably a me problem. I'm debating on chipping away at it again tomorrow or putting it down again and coming back to it later. I guess we'll see.

Atelier Ryza 3 comes out soon!

Awesome job!  Sorry to hear you're struggling with Lydie & Suelle.  I'm sure you'll get it eventually, even if you have to shelve it for a while!  Here are your books, great job!

Spoiler

E5GAHwC.pngImb9p79.png

On 1/18/2023 at 7:07 AM, Taruta13 said:

I remembering buying a steelbook copy of Rorona five years ago when I was in a group home but I returned it when I realized what was entailed of me. I'm not very fond of most time management games(though I did platinum Persona 5 Royal twice) and I had no idea how to go about the series. Now I heard that the later trilogies do not have time management but even so I was a bit wary. This thread might be the motivation to actually try an Atelier game as I do like the idea of being an alchemist. :)

A great way to start with the series is Ryza.  It lets you explore and get used to the game mechanics without a time limit and has some fun characters to boot.  It's a great time to start too cause the third game is coming out soon and Ryza's a great jumping in point that will help you see if you like the series enough to try other ones.  If you do try a time management one, the dusk series is a great starting point as the time limits on those games are very lenient and will give you a feel for the other games.  But I highly suggest them.  They are fun and, for the most part, relaxing games.  Very much worth a playthrough.

On 1/18/2023 at 3:55 PM, Meikoro said:

Hello fellow Pokemon Trainer...oh wait wrong Game :)

The New Atelier Games you have all time of the World to complete it. No Time Management or Events you pass. Most of them are bound to the Members friendship Level wich increase autoamtic on the Field Map and in Combat. You also get recipes for the Items you need to progress trough the Story you mostly never lost at any point. Its realy not that hard.

wihle im hear i have complete the following Games:

Atelier Ayesha The Alchemist of Dusk

Atelier Escha & Logy: The Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey

Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Paintings

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland (PS3)

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland

Atelier Shallie: Alchemist of the Dusk Sea

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Book

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World

Hello Professor Meikoro, what starters do you have?  Lol.  Great job on all the completions!  I believe you're the first person to have finished the original Rorona (which is a task in its own right)!  Are you planning on playing any of the new ones, such as Sophie 2 or Lulua?  I do like Escha and Logy too (though I like Ayesha the best so far in the dusk trilogy).  Great job, here are all your tiles!

Spoiler

b3yXCR5.pngjRJuRn1.pngqwntqYV.pngtSV0SKi.pngXYXn5aT.png0FM2oxn.pngWcKoUtP.pngLx8pl0v.pnglfVdig1.pngTXa7wND.pngnhitM1k.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomoTakino said:

A great way to start with the series is Ryza.  It lets you explore and get used to the game mechanics without a time limit and has some fun characters to boot.  It's a great time to start too cause the third game is coming out soon and Ryza's a great jumping in point that will help you see if you like the series enough to try other ones.  If you do try a time management one, the dusk series is a great starting point as the time limits on those games are very lenient and will give you a feel for the other games.  But I highly suggest them.  They are fun and, for the most part, relaxing games.  Very much worth a playthrough.

Okay, let me put that on the bucket list for later this year... once I platinum the rest of my unfinished games. xD

• Like 1

I forgot to update, but I got Atelier Sophie 2 done so I have completed the Mysterious series again. Still waiting for Ryza 3 to come out.

Atelier Marie Remake Digital Deluxe Edition will include the PS1 version Atelier Marie Plus don't know if Plus will have trophies like the Remake will.

You can play Marie Remake without the 5 years Time limit if you want well the Plus most likely will not have the choice between Unlimited Mode and OG/Normal Mode like Remake does.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/02/atelier-marie-remake-the-alchemist-of-salburg-launches-july-13

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Hello Professor Meikoro, what starters do you have?  Lol.  Great job on all the completions!  I believe you're the first person to have finished the original Rorona (which is a task in its own right)!  Are you planning on playing any of the new ones, such as Sophie 2 or Lulua?  I do like Escha and Logy too (though I like Ayesha the best so far in the dusk trilogy).  Great job, here are all your tiles!

Hide contents

b3yXCR5.pngjRJuRn1.pngqwntqYV.pngtSV0SKi.pngXYXn5aT.png0FM2oxn.pngWcKoUtP.pngLx8pl0v.pnglfVdig1.pngTXa7wND.pngnhitM1k.png

My starters are Firis, Shallie and Hagel :D

I need a hard push to complete Atelier Rorona, since it was since release on my incomplete List.While Nelke-chan was the complicated game of the series, Rorona was just to time limit.

One wrong move and your playtrough would be screwed for good. Anything else are more or less easy to handle and i like the flow of them not to hard or to soft.

I plan on playing all Games Yes. I had read the Manga Version of Atelier Ellie & Marie, i look forward to that Remake too.

OH i see you forgot my : Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland Game.

i already have complete it. I think im only missing for now Ryza 1-3 and Sophie 2.

Edited by Meikoro
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 11:16 PM, zalcarezio said:

i have never heard of atelier but i saw it on ps store is the game a recomendation?

It's quite enjoyable.  It's a mix between a life simulator (bonding with friends, doing events, etc) and an RPG with a heavy emphasis on item crafting.  I'd recommend watching Food for Dogs' video on where to start with Atelier if you're interested.

On 2/23/2023 at 4:23 AM, Leon Castle said:

I forgot to update, but I got Atelier Sophie 2 done so I have completed the Mysterious series again. Still waiting for Ryza 3 to come out.

Atelier Marie Remake Digital Deluxe Edition will include the PS1 version Atelier Marie Plus don't know if Plus will have trophies like the Remake will.

You can play Marie Remake without the 5 years Time limit if you want well the Plus most likely will not have the choice between Unlimited Mode and OG/Normal Mode like Remake does.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/02/atelier-marie-remake-the-alchemist-of-salburg-launches-july-13

Awesome!  Great job!  Thanks for the heads up about Marie.  If it has trophies, I'll make a new template for that game.  I'm excited to try the original version too.  It'll be fun to compare.  Here's your book!

Spoiler

35O51rA.png

On 2/23/2023 at 4:04 PM, Meikoro said:

My starters are Firis, Shallie and Hagel :D

I need a hard push to complete Atelier Rorona, since it was since release on my incomplete List.While Nelke-chan was the complicated game of the series, Rorona was just to time limit.

One wrong move and your playtrough would be screwed for good. Anything else are more or less easy to handle and i like the flow of them not to hard or to soft.

I plan on playing all Games Yes. I had read the Manga Version of Atelier Ellie & Marie, i look forward to that Remake too.

OH i see you forgot my : Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland Game.

i already have complete it. I think im only missing for now Ryza 1-3 and Sophie 2.

Lol.  I'm glad you enjoy the series.  I don't really have any experience with pre Rorona Atelier games (though I do listen to the music from Mana Khemia on occasion).  Also, your Lulua book is next to the Meruru and Ayesha book above.  Good luck with Ryza and Sophie 2!  Ryza was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed them.  I'm looking forward to Ryza 3.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

It's quite enjoyable.  It's a mix between a life simulator (bonding with friends, doing events, etc) and an RPG with a heavy emphasis on item crafting.  I'd recommend watching Food for Dogs' video on where to start with Atelier if you're interested.

Awesome!  Great job!  Thanks for the heads up about Marie.  If it has trophies, I'll make a new template for that game.  I'm excited to try the original version too.  It'll be fun to compare.  Here's your book!

Reveal hidden contents

35O51rA.png

Lol.  I'm glad you enjoy the series.  I don't really have any experience with pre Rorona Atelier games (though I do listen to the music from Mana Khemia on occasion).  Also, your Lulua book is next to the Meruru and Ayesha book above.  Good luck with Ryza and Sophie 2!  Ryza was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed them.  I'm looking forward to Ryza 3.

Oh i oversee Lulua. Still got Nightmares about the Towns Part fitting millimeter my bushes and trees :D

The First Games are very simmilar to Arland Trillogy but the Combat System was not that much of a role yet. Still you had anything in there from the beginning. I only had a quick look on Iris 2 judgeing as another JRPG back than.

Yeah i need do breaks from teh series every now and than, or else i play nothing else than these.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Once again back for the release of the new Atelier - Ryza 3 (PS4) now complete. 

Thoughts... Hmm... I have some regrets about playing the PS4 ver (even tho I played it on PS5) due to a few know issues with motion blur / fov. I found some areas easier to play in vs others, so required taking a lot of breaks. I feel the QC department could have done alot better this time (clipping, falling through walls/floors, getting randomly stuck and teleported to last shrine). But with all that said, there were also some really funny moments - Killing big puni had be flying through skybox, working out to kind of bounce into walls with spirit beast to have huge running speed gains.

Outside of that - I didn't mind the new key system (clearly abit broken) - having enemies scale with you never made anything hard - pretty much play upto the final boss with max stat starting armor and lv2 weapons. Music was good (but have been better) and the non-sickening artwork was GUST quality. Sub localizations were def an issue this time round - most of the MSQ were good quality, but side quests did suffer (both subs and audio)

Took a few days longer than I thought - but don't regret it. I just wish the day one was with this new patch vs a week later =)

EDIT: Also reduction of 1 mark because no barrel trophy =S Common GUST >_>

EDIT2: Swordmaster trophy RNG can go kill itself - ruff math has me spending 8hours hitting the dam tree for the mystic 'swordmaster' trait.
EDIT3: Also looking forward to Atelier Marie remake - Might also give Ryza Anime that was just announced a watch on release.

Edited by Insert_v2
EDIT NOTES =P
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!  Hope you're enjoying Ryza 3!  I'm really enjoying it personally.  As such, all categories have been updated to reflect Ryza 3's release!

On 3/30/2023 at 5:29 PM, Insert_v2 said:

Once again back for the release of the new Atelier - Ryza 3 (PS4) now complete. 

Thoughts... Hmm... I have some regrets about playing the PS4 ver (even tho I played it on PS5) due to a few know issues with motion blur / fov. I found some areas easier to play in vs others, so required taking a lot of breaks. I feel the QC department could have done alot better this time (clipping, falling through walls/floors, getting randomly stuck and teleported to last shrine). But with all that said, there were also some really funny moments - Killing big puni had be flying through skybox, working out to kind of bounce into walls with spirit beast to have huge running speed gains.

Outside of that - I didn't mind the new key system (clearly abit broken) - having enemies scale with you never made anything hard - pretty much play upto the final boss with max stat starting armor and lv2 weapons. Music was good (but have been better) and the non-sickening artwork was GUST quality. Sub localizations were def an issue this time round - most of the MSQ were good quality, but side quests did suffer (both subs and audio)

Took a few days longer than I thought - but don't regret it. I just wish the day one was with this new patch vs a week later =)

EDIT: Also reduction of 1 mark because no barrel trophy =S Common GUST >_>

EDIT2: Swordmaster trophy RNG can go kill itself - ruff math has me spending 8hours hitting the dam tree for the mystic 'swordmaster' trait.
EDIT3: Also looking forward to Atelier Marie remake - Might also give Ryza Anime that was just announced a watch on release.

Congrats on the completion!  I saw there was no barrel trophy this time even though they left the barrel in Ryza's house the same.  I haven't experienced any glitches yet myself (playing PS4 version) but that's pretty bad with all the glitching.  I hope they release a patch for it (if it wasn't in the recent one that came out).  I didn't know they had a Ryza anime coming out but I'll have to check it out.  Here's your book!  Great job!

Spoiler

ZMRWOBT.png

• Like 1

Playing Atelier Firis atm and having some trouble hope that someone can help me

I´m looking for a material with Ray of Hope, Ive looked eveywhere and google isn´t any help

Hope someone can tell me where it is, Have an amazing day and stay save peeps ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lunelux said:

Playing Atelier Firis atm and having some trouble hope that someone can help me

I´m looking for a material with Ray of Hope, Ive looked eveywhere and google isn´t any help

Hope someone can tell me where it is, Have an amazing day and stay save peeps ;)

Hey there!  I haven't really played Firis much but I found something on GameFAQs.  I can't verify how correct this is at the moment but hopefully it's helpful:

-Ray of Hope (South Snow Field, Weist Plains): Level 70 boss monster sometimes drops materials with this trait

8 minutes ago, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

Thanks

I've never played any of the games, but was looking to get into the series, I was wondering what order I should play the games in? And please keep it to ps4 and ps5 if possible

Do you want a more casual at your own pace experience or don't mind a bit more of a challenge? I will always recommend the Arland games but they may pose the most trouble because they do have tighter time restraints when getting certain things done. I hate to admit it, but I've barely played the Dusk trilogy, but if you don't want to jump straight into the deep end then maybe start with the Mysterious Quadriloy. While it doesn't matter so much which trilogy/quadrilogy you play first, I would recommend playing the games in that particular series in the order of release. So if you want to dip your toe with a bit of an easier experience you can always start with Atelier Sophie, but if you don't mind more time restraints and a bit more of a challenge, go with Atelier Rorona. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

I haven't experienced any glitches yet myself (playing PS4 version) but that's pretty bad with all the glitching.  I hope they release a patch for it (if it wasn't in the recent one that came out)

Yeah, the patch came out the day before I finished the platinum I think. It was mostly the clipping through things and the motion blur/fov stuff - esp in towns and closed areas. So it just took a toll on some people. Not sure if it affected the PS5 release as much - though heard it did on PC.

I'll prob play the PS5 version again once im ready to play Ryza 2 on PS5 - I kept a few of the grindy trophies as separate saves - ready to pop - just incase I do.

Still hoping on Ryza 1 PS5 - but at this rate more likely to get a DX collection again.

Planning to knock out Megademension VIIR - maybe do All by Eurekaself on FFXIV - Then can finally start Atelier Arland on PSN.

1 hour ago, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

I've never played any of the games, but was looking to get into the series, I was wondering what order I should play the games in? And please keep it to ps4 and ps5 if possible

I've played a few on PC before coming back to PSN. I highly recommend Ryza if you want to avoid the time-limit type mechanics. Mysterious as well (I think Firis was the only one with a time mech and it was very flexible).

Mysterious would be Sophie > Sophie 2 (can be done here or at the end) > Firis > Lydie&Suelle

Ryza 1 -> 2 -> 3

Huge Sophie Fan - Dunno why I <3 her character so much (was super hyped when Sophie 2 was announced).

1 hour ago, RoastedPeanut said:

So if you want to dip your toe with a bit of an easier experience you can always start with Atelier Sophie, but if you don't mind more time restraints and a bit more of a challenge, go with Atelier Rorona. 

Pretty much agree - I've found introducing people to Ryza/Mysterious to get their heads around certain concepts really helps with the more time-limit-focused games.

Edited by Insert_v2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Do you want a more casual at your own pace experience or don't mind a bit more of a challenge? I will always recommend the Arland games but they may pose the most trouble because they do have tighter time restraints when getting certain things done. I hate to admit it, but I've barely played the Dusk trilogy, but if you don't want to jump straight into the deep end then maybe start with the Mysterious Quadriloy. While it doesn't matter so much which trilogy/quadrilogy you play first, I would recommend playing the games in that particular series in the order of release. So if you want to dip your toe with a bit of an easier experience you can always start with Atelier Sophie, but if you don't mind more time restraints and a bit more of a challenge, go with Atelier Rorona. 

Thanks, appreciate the helpful Info

24 minutes ago, Insert_v2 said:

Yeah, the patch came out the day before I finished the platinum I think. It was mostly the clipping through things and the motion blur/fov stuff - esp in towns and closed areas. So it just took a toll on some people. Not sure if it affected the PS5 release as much - though heard it did on PC.

I'll prob play the PS5 version again once im ready to play Ryza 2 on PS5 - I kept a few of the grindy trophies as separate saves - ready to pop - just incase I do.

Still hoping on Ryza 1 PS5 - but at this rate more likely to get a DX collection again.

Planning to knock out Megademension VIIR - maybe do All by Eurekaself on FFXIV - Then can finally start Atelier Arland on PSN.

I've played a few on PC before coming back to PSN. I highly recommend Ryza if you want to avoid the time-limit type mechanics. Mysterious as well (I think Firis was the only one with a time mech and it was very flexible).

Mysterious would be Sophie > Sophie 2 (can be done here or at the end) > Firis > Lydie&Suelle

Ryza 1 -> 2 -> 3

Huge Sophie Fan - Dunno why I <3 her character so much (was super hyped when Sophie 2 was announced).

Pretty much agree - I've found introducing people to Ryza/Mysterious to get their heads around certain concepts really helps with the more time-limit-focused games.

Thanks, really appreciate the info, I only own 2 of the Ryza games Atm, but definitely plan on buying Others soon

• Like 1

Just love Atelier games !

My boyfriend bought Ryza 1 two years ago, I saw him play and then I play it too ! I love JRPG so I was sur to enjoy it and ... yes ?

Already play and platinum Ryza 1 & 2, Sophie DX and Firis DX

But I wanna play all of them ! I got Lydie & Suelle DX, Sophie 2, Lulua and Nelke but planned to buy the two other trilogies when they gonna be on sale ^^ (and Ryza 3 of course !)

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if it´s doable to beat Sophie during the exam without Ray of Hope on your equipment on easy difficulty ?

Ive spent 40 hours beating bosses and i haven´t once gotten a material with Ray of Hope i give up.

Edited by Lunelux
Accidental dubbel type
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 9:45 PM, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

Thanks

There is some great advice already but let me throw in my two cents.  I'll second starting with Ryza as it will introduce you to the core elements of the game series right off the bat and allow you to ease into harder games like Rorona.  Sophie is also great.  I'm also gonna link to one a Youtuber I really admire as they did a great video on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg__LJIAn5o

On 4/13/2023 at 0:29 AM, Rodow_ said:

Just love Atelier games !

My boyfriend bought Ryza 1 two years ago, I saw him play and then I play it too ! I love JRPG so I was sur to enjoy it and ... yes 1f60a.png

Already play and platinum Ryza 1 & 2, Sophie DX and Firis DX

But I wanna play all of them ! I got Lydie & Suelle DX, Sophie 2, Lulua and Nelke but planned to buy the two other trilogies when they gonna be on sale ^^ (and Ryza 3 of course !)

They are a lot of fun.  I played a few here and there but didn't get into the series until I played Ayesha.  Ryza blew me away though.  Best of luck!  Not sure if you were joining but here are your books just in case!

Spoiler

6jolPuF.pngZhJYHcP.pngIDvgcW4.pngcLzGZih.png

• Like 3

Never really tried one of this "Let's play" thread here but was always curious and i guess now it's a good time as ever to start!

And so i start with this since Atelier it's a series i  really enjoy and like :3

Sadly i can say i only have the Platinum for Sophie DX and Sophie 2 but i plan to slowly working on every single one, at least one version of each title, starting with Firis later this year!

So Yeah count me in with those 2 :P

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2023 at 1:19 PM, Sora9427 said:

Never really tried one of this "Let's play" thread here but was always curious and i guess now it's a good time as ever to start!

And so i start with this since Atelier it's a series i  really enjoy and like :3

Sadly i can say i only have the Platinum for Sophie DX and Sophie 2 but i plan to slowly working on every single one, at least one version of each title, starting with Firis later this year!

So Yeah count me in with those 2 :P

Good luck and let's cheer each other on! Firis is my favorite so far so I hope you love it.

• Like 1