San andreas definitive edition

Getting 100% on San Andreas back on PC for me took a while, but hopefully due to improved controls getting it should be easier and less frustrating. I'm now playing GTA 3 Definitive and having recently platted the trilogy, it's weirding me out that square and x are no longer the brake and accelerate buttons lol. Weirdly enough square and x are now what l2 and r2 used to be: the look left and look right buttons while in the car. Very strange...

I'm not sure if there's auto pop between the PS4 and PS5 versions but I'm assuming not due to save files?

Edited by PostGameBlues

18 minutes ago, Bezenko said:

Glad to see the 100% trophy. Looking forward to finally 100%’ing this game. Also nice to see the silly 'get arrested 50 times' trophy is gone.

For real, those trophies for getting busted were my last trophies for both 3 and San Andreas lol. I doubt anyone can get 20 or 50 busted naturally...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

For real, those trophies for getting busted were my last trophies for both 3 and San Andreas lol. I doubt anyone can get 20 or 50 busted naturally...

Yeah, I've been playing the older PS4 version and am in Las Venturas without getting busted once. If you know what you're doing, it's pretty hard to get busted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EXTREME_STRIKERS said:

Can’t believe we’ve got gta san andreas for the 6th time LOL

Sixth? Unless you’re counting the original releases?

1 - Original (PS2)

2 - PS2 Classic (PS3)

3 - Mobile port (PS3)

4 - PS2 emulation (PS4)

5 - Definitive (PS4)

6 - Definitive (PS5)

“Only” the fourth trophy Stack though. 

2 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Getting 100% on San Andreas back on PC for me took a while, but hopefully due to improved controls getting it should be easier and less frustrating. I'm now playing GTA 3 Definitive and having recently platted the trilogy, it's weirding me out that square and x are no longer the brake and accelerate buttons lol. Weirdly enough square and x are now what l2 and r2 used to be: the look left and look right buttons while in the car. Very strange...

Is there no option to use classic controls? It would be groovy to play my favorite games again with the new graphics and trophies, but I don't think I could tolerate a different button scheme

2 hours ago, Bezenko said:

Glad to see the 100% trophy. Looking forward to finally 100%’ing this game. Also nice to see the silly 'get arrested 50 times' trophy is gone.

Yes! I’m so excited about the new list ❤️ SA is my favourite GTA and I’m glad that it’s no longer being let down by the worst trophy list in the series ?

1 hour ago, TC_217 said:

Is there no option to use classic controls? It would be groovy to play my favorite games again with the new graphics and trophies, but I don't think I could tolerate a different button scheme

There is actually! There's 3 options for control schemes. Modern, Modern Alt, and Classic. I personally went along with Modern because I'm hoping that some of the more annoying missions like RC helicopter for example in VC will be easier with the new controls.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

Rip to the guy in the orange hoodie with the black hat they now made him purple, why? If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

He's still there, I think what they did in each game was to make color swaps of each NPCs as well as making new models of NPCs by removing a hat or whatnot. I think they wanted the NPCs to feel less repetitive.

9 hours ago, Elite_Sniper001 said:

Does anyone know if any of these are missable?

There are a few mission-specific ones that are missable (assuming you can't replay missions like in GTA5):

Who Needs Directions?
Find Mike Toreno without any of the referenced locations during "Mike Toreno".

They Can’t Stop All of Us
Sneak into the underground base without setting off the alarm above ground during "Black Project".

Assassin
Stealth kill all enemies in the mission "Madd Dogg's Rhymes".

On 11/10/2021 at 8:13 AM, arcanehornet_ said:

Looks harder and grindier than the original, especially the new 100% completion trophy.

Maxing all weapon skills will also probably take some time.

I am so tired of most of Take-Two's trophy lists.  They are among some of the worst grindy-bullshit trophy lists.

I always bring them up, and make me feel better about my easy (Insert 1 of many candy/holiday) Break games.  For every bullshit trophy list, I have an easy game to make up for it.

As far as the OP, I'm pretty upset about the soundtracks for the whole trilogy.  Music is important in a game, as it can set a mood or atmosphere.  It is unbelievable that Take-Two and the music publishers can't come to terms to keep the OG soundtrack in tact

Edited by NxtDoc
Add Info
  • Like 1