Help Wanted! Fixing the Trophy Guide

fadingtrails

Hi everyone,

As most of you know, the Mad Max Trophy Guide has been out of date since the server shutdown of October 31 2020 made obtaining the Platinum impossible.

I was asked to update the guide as someone who's played the game, which I've managed to do, but there are a few details I'd like people to help me with.

Anyone who can help me clear these up will of course be credited. They're all linked to Bronze Looked Everywhere (Loot all Scavenging Locations).

1) [Confirmed by SRiley77] Stage 4 of the guide says "Deep Friah's Survey Crew also depicts all Scavenger locations within The Dune region", but my experience is that The Dune doesn't have its Scavenging Locations revealed by any Survey Crews. Can anyone confirm this?

2) Does Chumbucket's Hideout definitely not have its Scavenging Locations revealed by any Survey Crews?

3) The number of Scavenging Locations I have for The Dunes (18) and Chumbucket's Hideout (6).

ThaKingTrophy's linked playlist says these areas have 13 and 5 SL's respectively, but maps you can find online say otherwise. The discrepancy could possibly be due to some of them sharing their locations with camps etc.

4) Finally, does anyone have any detailed information on this supposed glitch?

A Scavenging Location has been reported as unreachable at the top of the The Great Watcher Camp for some users, making this trophy unattainable for them.

This is briefly discussed in a separate topic, but it's unclear if it's a genuine glitch or due to player error.

If any recent players could help me sort this out, that would be great.

Thanks all!

fadingtrails

Edited by fadingtrails
  • Like 2

As a recent platinum achiever:

#1..There were indeed some scavenging locations in the Dunes area that were revealed by the survey crew from Deep Friah.. at least in my playthrough.

#2.. I don’t recall any being revealed by survey crews, but I cleared that region out before the server shutdown, so my only focus was getting those (now inoperable) scrap crews up & running.

#4.. I didn’t have any problems with getting all of the collectibles from that camp & adjacent scavenging location.  I cannot verify any glitch or lack thereof.

Edited by SRiley77
Words are hard
  • Like 2