This platinum is going to take a lot of time

I was expecting a long journey for this game since the 100% completion has been leaked.

If cheats are disabled, this is going to be even longer because you can't spawn a jetpack whenever you want. As long as gold medals and all girlfriends stats to the max are not required, it won't be that long either that hard... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Get Busted 50 Times was the most tedious trophy

I'm so so so glad they got rid of this one. Last time, I did it right at the beginning of the game to get it out of the way, and it almost turned me off from playing the game entirely. Not having to do that is such a relief.

Edited by Blood_Hungry_III
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Wait, wasn't there a Bigfoot trophy image that was in the leaked list some time ago?

Yep, it was one of the gold-coloured ones, none of which are in these lists. The thought is they are exclusive to the PC version (via the Rockstar Launcher). 

4 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I was expecting a long journey for this game since the 100% completion has been leaked.

If cheats are disabled, this is going to be even longer because you can't spawn a jetpack whenever you want. As long as gold medals and all girlfriends stats to the max are not required, it won't be that long either that hard... 

Maybe I'm wrong but this statement comes across as complaining about playing the game as its intended to be played

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

Since I’m completely lazy and useless as a human being, can someone else do the heavy lifting for me and summarize the nature of the trophy changes in this one?

The biggest change is that now you need to get 100% completion which you didn't need before.

There are a couple time consuming trophies from the old list that are gone now (getting busted 50 times, killing 4,000 people).

There are also 3 mission trophies that are missable that weren't in the old version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrod2510 said:

Maybe I'm wrong but this statement comes across as complaining about playing the game as its intended to be played

Yes, you're wrong.

This statement comes across as a reply to "this is going to be a long platinum" even if you use cheats... It's not a complaint, at least for me. 

Both PS3 and PS4 versions won't allow you to use cheat codes, so there isn't much a difference if you've played previous versions. It asks you to reach 100% so it obviously will take even longer considering the amount of collectibles (and those gold medals and girlfriend stats which I don't know if they're required). And even if cheats were available, none of those would help you with these latest.

About playing the game as its intended to be played. Are you seriously talking about it in a GTA game? One of the most popular games where the player uses cheat codes to make mayhen whenever they want and have fun?

We're also talking about game released two decades ago where cheat codes were meant to be there, to use them if you want, whenever you want. If the player intends to play all missions with infinite ammo, full health and money, they simply can. If it wasn't "intended" they weren't accessible in the first place :/ or even kept in these versions...

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ArcadeJedi said:

I could never 100% the game originally on PS2 because one of the Oysters was missing or glitched. I may have missed it but I went through them all like 10 times and could never find the missing one. 

I had the same issue. After putting a ton of time into the game, I was so discouraged when that happened to me.

16 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

(and those gold medals and girlfriend stats which I don't know if they're required)

If you mean gold medals in the vehicle schools (flying, driving, bike, boat), gold medals aren't required. You just need at least bronze. Dating the girlfriends is also not required for 100%, thankfully.

• Like 3

If anyone is looking to shave some time off their platinum hunt, look up some speed run strats for the game. A 100% run can be done in less than 24 hours if you’re smart about it and don’t care too much about cutscenes etc. Some of the skips/dupes probably won’t work on this version of the game as most speedruns are done on a downgraded steam version, but even just for general routes or shortcuts in missions it’ll be helpful ?

Also for anyone not aware: stunt jumps aren’t required for 100% in SA so that’s one major GTA annoyance you can ignore ?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

The biggest change is that now you need to get 100% completion which you didn't need before.

There are a couple time consuming trophies from the old list that are gone now (getting busted 50 times, killing 4,000 people).

There are also 3 mission trophies that are missable that weren't in the old version.

Appreciate the info, thanks! I’m not planning on buying this right away so I am mainly just curious about what they’ve changed here. I played a lot of San Andreas with friends back in the day, which was a hell of a time, but never got anywhere close to 100% so I’m not even sure what exactly that would entail. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Appreciate the info, thanks! I’m not planning on buying this right away so I am mainly just curious about what they’ve changed here. I played a lot of San Andreas with friends back in the day, which was a hell of a time, but never got anywhere close to 100% so I’m not even sure what exactly that would entail. 

No problem! I also forgot that now you need to max out all the weapon skills which wasn't required before.

Here's a list of what's required for 100%, assuming nothing has changed on the list from the old version: https://www.gta-sanandreas.com/guides/100percent/index.php

Edited by Blood_Hungry_III
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

No problem! I also forgot that now you need to max out all the weapon skills which wasn't required before.

Here's a list of what's required for 100%, assuming nothing has changed on the list from the old version: https://www.gta-sanandreas.com/guides/100percent/index.php

That’s a great resource. Thanks again man. IGN uploaded a graphical comparison between the original and remastered games this morning and I have to admit it looks pretty great, especially San Andreas.

I’m definitely interested in playing that one again for the sake of nostalgia, and because I never really completed or fully explored the game back in the day. We would mainly just cruise around fucking shit up and going on rampages through the city lol. I’m interested in the full experience this time around so 100% seems reasonable enough. ?

• Like 1