This platinum is going to take a lot of time

19 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

That’s a great resource. Thanks again man. IGN uploaded a graphical comparison between the original and remastered games this morning and I have to admit it looks pretty great, especially San Andreas.

I’m definitely interested in playing that one again for the sake of nostalgia, and because I never really completed or fully explored the game back in the day. We would mainly just cruise around fucking shit up and going on rampages through the city lol. I’m interested in the full experience this time around so 100% seems reasonable enough. 1f642.png

You're welcome.

San Andreas is my favorite game, so I'm biased, but I'm pretty excited about it. I just finished replaying the PS2 port earlier this year so I can't wait to see how this version compares.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 3:58 PM, TurtlePM said:

Yes, you're wrong.

This statement comes across as a reply to "this is going to be a long platinum" even if you use cheats... It's not a complaint, at least for me. 

Both PS3 and PS4 versions won't allow you to use cheat codes, so there isn't much a difference if you've played previous versions. It asks you to reach 100% so it obviously will take even longer considering the amount of collectibles (and those gold medals and girlfriend stats which I don't know if they're required). And even if cheats were available, none of those would help you with these latest.

About playing the game as its intended to be played. Are you seriously talking about it in a GTA game? One of the most popular games where the player uses cheat codes to make mayhen whenever they want and have fun?

We're also talking about game released two decades ago where cheat codes were meant to be there, to use them if you want, whenever you want. If the player intends to play all missions with infinite ammo, full health and money, they simply can. If it wasn't "intended" they weren't accessible in the first place :/ or even kept in these versions...

Pretty sure the intent in creating a game, and allowing cheat codes, is that the player first play the game as intended, without cheats. Ya know, actually achieve the achievables, actually beat the game.  Then once the game has been completed, to continue the fun and playability you can play it again in whatever fashion, cheats included and, in short, fuck as much shit up as you see fit.  Shouldn't need a cheat code to complete a game, and damn sure shouldn't be awarded for using a cheat code.

So, when you bring up the inability of bringing up a rocket pack "whenever" and in attempts to "speed things up" it sounds like a complaint of taking "too long" to beat the game.  And as you said, yeah, this is a GTA game and what do we know about GTA games ... they require a large investment of hours to 100% the game.

29 minutes ago, jrod2510 said:

Pretty sure the intent in creating a game, and allowing cheat codes, is that the player first play the game as intended, without cheats. Ya know, actually achieve the achievables, actually beat the game.  Then once the game has been completed, to continue the fun and playability you can play it again in whatever fashion, cheats included and, in short, fuck as much shit up as you see fit.  Shouldn't need a cheat code to complete a game, and damn sure shouldn't be awarded for using a cheat code.

So, when you bring up the inability of bringing up a rocket pack "whenever" and in attempts to "speed things up" it sounds like a complaint of taking "too long" to beat the game.  And as you said, yeah, this is a GTA game and what do we know about GTA games ... they require a large investment of hours to 100% the game.

I disagree. If a dev puts in a cheat menu and doesn’t specify when the cheats have to be used, then it’s up to the player to decide how they want to play. As long as it’s within the parameters the dev’s set out. One might say boosting multiplayer games or using exploits and glitches are not the way a game is intended to be played but that takes place every day. I don’t judge how someone plays a game if they are using what a game gives them. Especially when it doesn’t affect my experience with it. That’s my opinion but I can see how some would be upset because trophy leaderboards or whatever.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

I disagree. If a dev puts in a cheat menu and doesn’t specify when the cheats have to be used, then it’s up to the player to decide how they want to play. As long as it’s within the parameters the dev’s set out. One might say boosting multiplayer games or using exploits and glitches are not the way a game is intended to be played but that takes place every day. I don’t judge how someone plays a game if they are using what a game gives them. Especially when it doesn’t affect my experience with it. That’s my opinion but I can see how some would be upset because trophy leaderboards or whatever.

As far as glitches go, it's a glitch if it's a mistake and shouldn't be there.  If a dev creates an intentional "glitch" then it's not a true glitch.  Using a true glitch, a true uncaught mistake in the games creation and coding, it should not be used as an exploit to beat the game "as intended". I've seen and read enough to know that the majority of devs want to challenge a player with tasks and missions throughout their story, and while they may be impressed, shocked, in awe of people who find exploits, glitches and whatnot, it's not how they intended their game to be played.  I mean, they're called cheat codes for a reason.

Regardless, the whole reason I questioned him was because it sounded like a complaint of a game taking too long because he couldnt cheat.  And such a ridiculous complaint on top of all the other bitching and whining and complaining about games in general, but moreso especially about how Rockstar handles the GTA franchise, and then today all the bitching about the quality and price and yada yada about the Definitive Editions ... I was sick of all the bitching and moaning.  Like, just be happy we have the games to play.  Yeah its not the GTA VI thats desired, nor is it the remastered trilogy just as we wanted, but at least it's something, so be happy about it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jrod2510 said:

As far as glitches go, it's a glitch if it's a mistake and shouldn't be there.  If a dev creates an intentional "glitch" then it's not a true glitch.  Using a true glitch, a true uncaught mistake in the games creation and coding, it should not be used as an exploit to beat the game "as intended". I've seen and read enough to know that the majority of devs want to challenge a player with tasks and missions throughout their story, and while they may be impressed, shocked, in awe of people who find exploits, glitches and whatnot, it's not how they intended their game to be played.  I mean, they're called cheat codes for a reason. 

Yea I get you, glitches and exploits are a gray area but they’re not against the rules here and they date back to the beginning of gaming. My 1st exposure being 99 lives in Super Mario Bros on NES using the turtle shell trick. They’ll be far more used than a cheat menu dev’s put in. Not a lot of games have built in cheats anymore and even less that allow trophies to be earned with it.

11 hours ago, jrod2510 said:

If they intended the player to complete the story without using cheats, they would lock the access to future story missions while the cheat is activated, don't you think? ? But it doesn't lock them, neither the possibility to save the game like GTA 5... 

Naughty Dog intended you to play Uncharted games without cheating, locking in-game cheat codes until you finish the game once. It's clear that they Intend you to complete the game without cheating, like you said. 

We're talking about different games from different generations, specially a generation without trophies or achievements that prove your conquers in the game, that's why they lock trophies as soon as you enter a cheat code in these recent versions.

Cheat codes work the same way as choosing a difficulty level: they are available from start and it's up to the player to choose their experience. If they don't want these to unlock trophies, they lock them - like GTA does with cheat codes, like Strider does with Easy Mode. Basically, if you care about trophies, they Intend you to play without cheat codes. If you don't, complete the story the way you want. 

Glitches and bugs that bring benefits to the player are not intentional, but it's a different conversation.

About the rest, it's your point of view as a reader of what you read from me.  After explaining that it doesn't bother me grabbing the jetpack each and every time I have retrieve a collectible, only stating that it's less accessible and that's longer to get them without a cheat code - if that still makes you think it's a complaint for me, so be it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

If they intended the player to complete the story without using cheats, they would lock the access to future story missions while the cheat is activated, don't you think? 1f609.png

Not really chiming in on the whole to cheat or not to cheat argument because honestly who cares, but I remember back when the game first released there was some bug in the code so if players used cheats and then did the story missions,  one of the Madd Dogg missions in Las Venturas would basically auto-fail so players couldn’t complete the game on that save file ?

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Well, this is still a pile of shit. Something about the touched up graphics looks completely off. This sorry company that did the remasters is literally having to backpedal in order to suck up to the endless complaints on social media all saying how terrible this trilogy is.

It's a shame they had to put down 100% completion as a trophy for this version instead of the original PS2 version that was ported to PS4. Out of the three classics, San Andreas would of been the game I would of been most happy with obtaining 100%. As a matter of fact I did obtain 100% on the actual PS2 game.

Censorship, removed music (Michael Jackson), character models still not looking great, too much shit keeping me away from buying these remasters and trying for the platinum trophies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Adding the maddening Zero missions to the 100% requirements is something that I won’t be looking forward to, to say the least. 

I did them i the original PS2 game, and never wanted to repeat them, that’s for sure. 

I agree something about the characters in the remake just doesn’t seem right, I just don’t feel into it this time around. 

• 4 weeks later...

This felt like a grind to me.. probably because it seems too soon from when I did prior versions.. it wasn’t bad but I got a bit bored of it. I’ll space out the PS5 edition for a while.. 

I did find something of interest. I finished everything but the freight missions and 50 arrests for the 100% (after the story). 

So I did the freights first then the trophy for 100% popped. I’m glad because I didn’t want to go for those arrests because it’s quite tedious. I didn’t get busted once. But why is it in social club as a requirement if it’s not needed for 100%? 

Seems unnecessary. Anyway so there at least one thing you won’t need to do. Hope this saves someone from doing it for no good reason.

Edited by JWill_55