Error NP-2244-2

Schrimpey

Hey Everbody,

I tried to Look at the PSN Store Today on my Vita but i will Always get that Error. 
in connected to the PSN i See all my friends online but i cant Go Into the Store. 
i tried to look up some tips on the Internet but everything i tried didnt help at all. 
does somebody has the same Problem? 
or any solution for me ? 

Hello I google-found this forum because I have the same issue.

Could you please contact support and let us know the outcome?

I tried yesterday, but they weren't helpful because I did not know then that others have this issue now as well.

Moreover, the error code is confusing the support because it is the same like for a very old different issue.

I'm getting the exact same error.

My friend @Akhil1234 was having the issue since yesterday and I didn't think much of it but I had the same problem today when I tried on my Vita. We are in EU store (India).

We tried deleting the existing card details, adding funds to the wallet (on PS4 because it won't add on the web store), buying content from the store but nothing seems to work! We keep getting the NP-2244-2 error every time we try to access the store or open the Account Information.

I hope this is just a temporary issue, Sony always seems to break something when it makes changes to old hardware for eg. when game patches weren't downloading on PS3 and everyone was freaking out. It did eventually get back to normal but it was quite the scare and makes you weary of a digital future.

I hope Sony looks into this, I'm getting real tired of their shit......

• Like 2

so i was on the phone with Sony tech support this afternoon about this error, half hour on the phone, 

then they came back like we are at this stage not able to solve this issue,  escalate my ticket to their international team to review 

any update they will let me know ..... they do not have the solution now 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

If anyone still has their PS3 you can access and download your Vita content from there.

Not the best fix obviously but it's better than nothing till the issue gets resolved on Sony's end.

i tried that already  and this shit wont work as i get a new error. bad thing is being not able to visit vita ps store and not been able to tranfer data is the worst thing. this means i am locked with all of my digital content.

5 hours ago, sweetrabbit_au said:

so i was on the phone with Sony tech support this afternoon about this error, half hour on the phone, 

then they came back like we are at this stage not able to solve this issue,  escalate my ticket to their international team to review 

Okay Damn that Sounds like we have to Wait a while… 

6 hours ago, sweetrabbit_au said:

thanks for contacting Sony!

Got the same problem ....

This issue is affecting me also in Ireland and this is on the coat tails of a previous issue that was affecting all PS+ redeemed titles on Vita.

Feels like this will become more common place over the years as focus is put on the PS5 backend. :/

Edited by Null_Spectre

Same issue in Romania as well. I can still message my friends, sync my trophies, and access the internet. I can also access the PSN from the settings to view my account. The store is literally shut down for me. I can also still access my games downloaded on the console, they aren't locked or anything. On Wednesday, the store was still on, I think, last week the store was open 100%.

I really hope Sony didn't shut down the PSVita Store, cause I was planning to buy so many games...