Patched - Take the cannoli now

28 minutes ago, x_GTA-BELGIUM_x said:

I'd like to let them know about this glitched trophy as well, may I ask where did you send your support ticket? The Trilogy Definitive Edition doesn't seem to be mentioned on Rockstar Support. Or at least I can't find it.

here you can report it on this page. I have now selected PS5 version, but it affects both versions PS4 and PS5 anyway, so you can say that it is bugged for both versions. It is best to send a picture with the statistics with which you reached the rank. You can take another picture of the trophy to show that you didn't get it. That's how I did it.

Rockstar Support GTA Vice City

Edit: And for everyone else who is also affected, go to this link and report the error, then they will also know what is going on.

Edited by XeNoN356
  • Like 1

I'm glad I'm playing these trilogy editions on my other account lol. I wasn't sure if I was up for platting the remastered trilogy so soon after platting the original trilogy. I'll definitely get back to the remastered trilogy in the future, hopefully by then these bugs are patched out. I mean playing casually on my other account, GTA 3 and VC have both crashed multiple times already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XeNoN356 said:

I have already tested it several times if you get back under the Godfather Rank and count points again, it makes no difference. I've tried everything, the trophy is unfortunately bugged, you can't trigger it somehow, unless someone tries it normally, then we know that it works normally, but there won't be anyone here who does this I think.

There goes the one suggestion I was going to give - dip under a million and go back over again.

My next suggestion would be to keep a save file at 999,xxx criminal rank to load up if and when a patch appears.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bahraini_carguy said:

For whatever reason, the method that involves shooting Cortez's yacht with the police boat doesn't work properly for me. The Accuracy goes up but the criminal ratings refuses to go up, instead being stuck at 21117.

CRt64GN.png

you need 101 shots by "Bullets fired" otherwise the trick won't work either. From 101 shots it only counts for the criminal rating

@barra333

There goes the one suggestion I was going to give - dip under a million and go back over again.

My next suggestion would be to keep a save file at 999,xxx criminal rank to load up if and when a patch appears.

Edit: yes, I'm thinking about that, I've also made a save file for the case.

Edited by XeNoN356
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, XeNoN356 said:

you need 101 shots by "Bullets fired" otherwise the trick won't work either. From 101 shots it only counts for the criminal rating

@barra333

Edit: yes, I'm thinking about that, I've also made a save file for the case.

Oh thanks for the help. Also yeah, it's definitely glitched. I made a save with just below the 1 million points in case they ever fix it.

• Like 1

So this is the response i got from Rockstar after sending them message with problem about this trophy.

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We are sorry to hear you had an issue in our game. This could be due to a de-sync with the game progress. Please try to sync the Trophies on your console. This can be done from the Trophies section in PS5 home menu.

If there is anything else we could assist you with please let us know.

Best regards,

Oriana S.
Rockstar Support

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Leo_black22 said:

So this is the response i got from Rockstar after sending them message with problem about this trophy.

We are sorry to hear you had an issue in our game. This could be due to a de-sync with the game progress. Please try to sync the Trophies on your console. This can be done from the Trophies section in PS5 home menu.

If there is anything else we could assist you with please let us know.

Best regards,

Oriana S.
Rockstar Support

I got the exact same answer from Rockstar, so sadly simple, nothing to do with the problem at all. Rockstar support is really not helpful. ?

• Like 1

This is the reply I got. I don't think that's the issue, Rockstar...

We understand your concern regarding GTA: Vice City Definitive Edition as you are unable to get the Godfather Criminal Rating, please do not worry as below you will find some troubleshooting that should help resolve the issues you are experiencing.

Temporary files and data are often stored on the console to help the overall performance of the game. Unfortunately, these cached files can get corrupted over time which can lead to things like freezes, game loading errors or connectivity issues.

Please Note: Performing these troubleshooting steps will not hinder your ability to play or delete any save data/progress you have currently made. Steps:

1. Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller
  2. Select Turn Off the console
  3. Let the console fully power down and wait at least 30 seconds
  4. Restart the console
  5. Hold L1 + R1 while booting up the game Note: This will also reset your brightness setting and choice of language. You may also visit Sony’s PlayStation support site here: https://support.us.playstation.com/

Once you have cleared the cached files from the console, we would request you to increase your Criminal Ratings by destroying vehicles and killing NPCs for some time and check if you are receiving the Godfather Criminal Rating title or not.

Please feel free to get in touch with us, if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Bobby S. Rockstar Support

• Like 1

My reply. It was necessary.

GTA-BELGIUM's reply:

Hello

Thank you for confirming the thoughts of almost all Rockstar Games' customers who experience problems with your products. No offence to you personally Bobby, it's not YOU I'm looking at, it's the whole Rockstar Support thing.

While this CLEARLY is a problem on YOUR half, Rockstar Support often (almost always) tries to blame the player or the players' console, or even PSN. Keep in mind, 0.0 percent of the players got this trophy. Forums are full of it. The ONLY thing that could possibly fix this issue is a patch from Rockstar Games or Grove Street Games themselves.

But no, instead, Rockstar Support sends me a 'fix' with holding the L1 and R1 buttons, that doesn't even work on Vice City Definitive Edition as far as I know, it's a fix for GTA V?

Again, this is not personally directed to you Bobby S. but to the whole Rockstar Support thing. Don't get me wrong on that please. As I read on some forum: Support pages are required (by law?) for large companies, but actually PROVIDING the support in a CORRECT way, that's something else...

I am speaking in the name of thousands of customers and if you don't believe that, do some research on forums on the internet. Thanks.

PS: Please take down the games GTA SA and GTA LCS on Google Play for Android 11+. They don't work and people pay for it. And that's going on for far more than a year now. That's disgusting.

Thanks for reading this rant if you did.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, x_GTA-BELGIUM_x said:

This is the reply I got. I don't think that's the issue, Rockstar...

We understand your concern regarding GTA: Vice City Definitive Edition as you are unable to get the Godfather Criminal Rating, please do not worry as below you will find some troubleshooting that should help resolve the issues you are experiencing.

Temporary files and data are often stored on the console to help the overall performance of the game. Unfortunately, these cached files can get corrupted over time which can lead to things like freezes, game loading errors or connectivity issues.

Please Note: Performing these troubleshooting steps will not hinder your ability to play or delete any save data/progress you have currently made. Steps:

1. Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller
  2. Select Turn Off the console
  3. Let the console fully power down and wait at least 30 seconds
  4. Restart the console
  5. Hold L1 + R1 while booting up the game Note: This will also reset your brightness setting and choice of language. You may also visit Sony’s PlayStation support site here: https://support.us.playstation.com/

Once you have cleared the cached files from the console, we would request you to increase your Criminal Ratings by destroying vehicles and killing NPCs for some time and check if you are receiving the Godfather Criminal Rating title or not.

Please feel free to get in touch with us, if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Bobby S. Rockstar Support

That’s the fix they gave for RDR2 when online wasn’t loading. Must be a randomly generated response they have waiting for things like this. 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2021 at 01:43, XeNoN356 said:

lol ho trovato un altro video per il metodo Tricky Police Boat. Puoi anche sparare allo yacht di Coretz con la barca della polizia e conta anche come "Proiettile che ha colpito", che è molto più facile che fare il trucco al cantiere navale. È importante non usare i trucchi come nel video. 

so i could start vice city on ps4 and get this trophy right away in a few hours, obviously without using cheats, without taking hidden packs, and shooting only 101 bullets from any weapon

it is certainly much more practical and faster than having to find the 80 packages to generate the sea sparrow in the garden of Diaz's villa

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Se7en said:

I get the feelings, but lashing out at some random clueless support person never solved any technical issues ever. If YOU (not you personally, but anyone who contacts customer support in general) really want to resolve a problem YOU are facing it’s up to YOU to explain it carefully, persistently and politely, perhaps not even once or twice, to every support agent they’ll throw at you until finally get in touch with someone competent and probably a few tiers higher. Who certainly still won’t be able to help you directly, but at least will get the issue right and be able to refer it to people who can actually fix it for everyone—devs. 

Otherwise, expecting some poor Bobby, or Benny, or Lenny from tier 1 of customer support service to provide the silver-bullet troubleshooting and fix what most definitely looks like a glitched trophy is unreasonably optimistic.

I do get what you are trying to say, but isn't the fact that a "clueless" and "poor" Bobby is the thing you get at rockstar support, one of the points I make? He gives me a fix for GTA V when it's about GTA Vice City Definitive Edition... I don't get that, sorry.

Didn't I say in my rant that it was NOT directed to our poor Bobby, but towards the support page in general? I tried to explain it as good as possible, maybe it isn't the right way, ok fair enough. But isn't it a little wrong to say I don't explain my technical issue carefully, persistently and politely? I should've posted my first message in the support ticket. It was as detailed as someone could ever wish. But this is like the seventh ticket I submitted (on different subjects), and ALWAYS do they blame the customers and they ALWAYS try to make it look like it's on our hand. Not on theirs.

They even blame the customers for the GTA SA and GTA LCS apps on Android that are broken (NOT LAUNCHING AT ALL) in the first place, only AFTER we tell them it's on their half, THEN they say 'we are aware of this issue and try to fix it asap' which is been going on for like 2 years now. Good job R*, this is just theft. 

I don't expect nothing from Bobby, Benny or Lenny but I do expect from a multi billion company that such a things like this, shouldn't happen. Don't blame customers for ranting about this. Blame Rockstar, this shouldn't happen. This discussion shouldn't exist.

• Like 1

Game just got a patch and seems to have fixed it. Interestingly I got it on my other save which only has 167k criminal rating, so I guess they moved Godfather to 100k? 

Thinking about it, I am fairly certain I didnt even have 167k criminal rating on this save before the patch so I think they maybe redid the criminal rating thing altogether? 

Or maybe they check all your save files to see if any of them has >1 million? 

I dont know, needs investigation. It popped anyway.

Edited by djs2077