Playing doctor trophy

Mine crashed on level 3, luckily it wasn’t higher. 
Second time round I completed it. I did it in Portland before you complete Salvatore’s missions which makes the mafia hostile to you and in turn leads to them shooting you on site.

If you’re always picking up the patients furthest away from the hospital and then working your way inwards driving carefully then you should be alright. The time restraint can get a bit tight sometimes so if you’re struggling, I’ve heard doing it on Staunton Island is a good call

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kill-MC-Mildred said:

Massive pain in the arse, I don't remember it being this hard back in the day. The vigilante missions are savage too, probably wait for a patch as my game crashed working in it too

For vigilante give them 1-3 decent rams, they’ll abandon their car. Did lvl 12-20 this way, no wanted level and saves ammo. Pretty sure the cruiser gets healed after each level. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DharmaDan- said:

Do the vigilante missions have to be done in 1 try as well?

For trophy you need 15 in one go, any island. For 100% you just need 20 levels completed on all 3 islands at any rate. So could do level 1 constantly but there’s no difficult increase so no benefit to doing so. 

Just now, wheels98 said:

For trophy you need 15 in one go, any island. For 100% you just need 20 levels completed on all 3 islands at any rate. So could do level 1 constantly but there’s no difficult increase so no benefit to doing so. 

On the PS4 guide it recommends doing the vigilante missions before the story missions but without any weapons It seems impossible and apparently all cheats disable trophies on this one.

7 minutes ago, DharmaDan- said:

On the PS4 guide it recommends doing the vigilante missions before the story missions but without any weapons It seems impossible and apparently all cheats disable trophies on this one.

You can get to the stage of unlocking the Uzi before hand without worrying. Also can get the packages on 1st island, minus a few that aren’t obtainable till the 2nd island is unlocked, and should be able to unlock the uzi that way. Once you done the 15 for the trophy you can complete the rest for 100% at any pace that suits you. 

• Like 2

I had 2 crashes as well, one when I was at level 12, and another around 10... Another time the ambulance thumbled over and catched fire, another time cars killed one of the guys.. Eventually finally did it.

About the vigilante ones, wouldn't it be easier to start and just use the tank?

Edited by UndeadSephx
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, DharmaDan- said:

Available at Phil Cassidy's Army Surplus in Rockford, only unlocked after "The Exchange". The Rhino is also parked here during the mission "Arms Shortage". However, it is locked. To obtain, push it to your safehouse garage after killing the Colombian Cartel members or after finishing the mission.

Edited by Stormwarrior90
  • Like 3

No crashes for me thankfully, did it first try on the first island. Make sure to use the siren sparingly, as keeping it on the whole time leads to the traffic becoming erratic, and be sure to gather the targets in groups of three at all times. That usually left me with 90-120 seconds left in the higher levels. It’s also good to take a few extra seconds at times to avoid colliding with cars and pedestrians (as they’ll lead to the ambulance becoming damaged) or taking a turn more carefully to avoid flipping. 

As always, if you do the Paramedic missions here, do them ASAP so you can avoid the wrath of the mafia. 

• Like 2

3 hours later I got it done!!! First tips I give you before even attempting it is to learn the first island while doing the paramedic mission, learn all the shortcuts since the patients will be at similar locations every time. Second is to master the driving so you don't crash and blow up. Be patient and take it slow when needed to avoid crashes. Third is to get the groups of 3 that are close to each other on the later levels to get more time right away. Also leave ones that are close to the hospital for last so you can grab them quick. Good luck! 

This'll definitely be the platinum breaker for most.

Got to level 8 before running out of time. It's definitely doable with practice, but I am thinking of restarting just so I can avoid having the triads shoot at me.

I'll still never understand the logic of it. Why a gangster would be sitting there thinking, "I wonder if Claude is driving an ambulance today?"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kill-MC-Mildred said:

Massive pain in the arse, I don't remember it being this hard back in the day. The vigilante missions are savage too, probably wait for a patch as my game crashed working in it too

I don't own these, but just wanted to throw this out there:  For the Vigilante missions did they remove the old pause / unpause trick?  I know in the re-releases on PS4 it still worked.  And if I remember right, it worked for VC as well.  For those who didn't know

When in vigilante and suspect is on screen in a car: pause the game, then unpause the game.  It caused the suspect to exit the vehicle which made it so much easier in the old ones.