Daily challenge glitch?

Just curious if this has happened to anyone else. 

So since Novemver 4th, I've been doing the Daily Challenges. And today when I go to load it up, the "start" option is grayed out and I can choose to practice or check the leaderboards. 

I DID NOT start this or even look at it for today and it says I tried and failed. I'm on the leaderboard. 

It says I have a score of 2224 and a time of 3:38.

Guarantee, I never started it.

Is this a rare occurrence or what? 

Edited by Profeelgood
Adding more info

Glad I'm not the only one, but sorry to hear that at the same time. 

It did it again today, only the leaderboard says I got a score of 24,103 and beat it in 20 minutes. And the Daily run is The Lost going to Mega Satan on Hard. 

As much as Id like to brag about this, I Doubt I'd do that in 20 minutes. 

Somethings goin on

Third day in a row. 

Never touched the Daily run. And apparently, the leaderboards say I beat it In 39 minutes with a score of 13,667. 

One other person here said it happened to them, but anyone else?? Getting annoyed that I can't actually do it myself. 

Either it's a problem with the game, or there's a serial psn hacker specifically targeting Binding of Isaac players and doing their daily runs. 

I highly doubt it's the latter....

• 2 weeks later...

For the past eight days I‘ve also been unable to play any of the daily challenges.

For me it started to happen after I had played a daily challenge on a different save file then the one I‘m actively playing on. Maybe that messed it up, because no matter what save file you play on, it always seems to be attached to your PSN-Account. So if you fail a daily challenge on your third save file you can‘t try to beat it on your first and second save file. 

It‘s possible that had nothing to do with it, but for me it at least seems like a possible explanation for the game‘s confusion. I have reported the bug to the developers, but I don‘t know how likely it is for them to fix this.

If the game‘s own runs don‘t count for the secrets it would make three of them unobtainable for some of us making it impossible to get all of the game’s trophies (at least I think you have to get every secret to get to infinity percent …)

Edited by TomPadrok_

It's been like this since release.  You try that daily challenge once and it will always count that you've played it :/ 

I used an alt account for a pratice run of the dailys to see if it was possible, then i'd switch back and do it.  So yeah i'd say it is possible to lock yourself out of the plat as I don't expect a fix for it.  There's still been 0 effort to fix the save corruption :/

17 hours ago, dusfire96 said:

I have been having the same problems but sometimes it does allow me to attempt them the last two day I have been able to attempt them but this morning i couldn’t. Anybody else?

Did you do anything unusual that might have allowed you to participate in them again? 

I would really like to experiment with different ideas to trick the game into letting me play the challenges again, but doing it alone and having to wait 24 hours between each attempt is very frustrating.

After the first seven challenges I participated in, they broke and there hasn‘t been a single time I could have played one myself since then.

I have no idea how I got those two day to work but I would like to test if I can still get the achievements tied to them I have a three run streak and I hope that the streak doesn’t get ruin because of the game thinking I lost a run that I haven’t even attempted 

also does the developer even know if this is a problem right?

Edited by dusfire96

18 minutes ago, dusfire96 said:

I have no idea how I got those two day to work but I would like to test if I can still get the achievements tied to them I have a three run streak and I hope that the streak doesn’t get ruin because of the game thinking I lost a run that I haven’t even attempted 

also does the developer even know if this is a problem right?

I don‘t think the game‘s own runs count as attempts. I had four successful runs before it started playing them without me. Considering the scores the game got me, I should have gotten the secret for winning seven challenges in total, but still haven‘t yet. I suppose after 31 days I‘ll know for sure, because even if the game dies in the first room, it would still count towards the 31 attempts you need for one of the secrets.

I‘m not sure the developers are aware. I send them a mail about it, but they haven‘t replied to it or anything. It could probably help if more people complain about it though.

16 minutes ago, winter_bird_22 said:

Do Daily Challenges need to be done to get the platinum? I hope not because this glitch makes the platinum impossible then.

You do get three secrets from them. I‘m fairly certain none of them are required for the platinum, but I don‘t think it‘s currently possible to get 100% completion for the game. The trophy „Dead God“ should only unlock when you have gotten everything in the game, which would unfortunately include the daily challenges …

I

9 hours ago, TomPadrok_ said:

I don‘t think the game‘s own runs count as attempts. I had four successful runs before it started playing them without me. Considering the scores the game got me, I should have gotten the secret for winning seven challenges in total, but still haven‘t yet. I suppose after 31 days I‘ll know for sure, because even if the game dies in the first room, it would still count towards the 31 attempts you need for one of the secrets.

I‘m not sure the developers are aware. I send them a mail about it, but they haven‘t replied to it or anything. It could probably help if more people complain about it though.

I have seen people commenting on the developers tweets asking about the daily glitch but they haven’t reply to the comments 

has any tried to see if they can try it as soon as the next day is available at 5am? Because that is when I was able to make a attempt on the challenges was over the weekend and I was working nights so I was playing it all night. Or tried deleting there save data off there ps4 if they are playing on the ps5? Maybe have two save datas on two different console under the same psn account make it buggy 

Edited by dusfire96

5 hours ago, dusfire96 said:

I

I have seen people commenting on the developers tweets asking about the daily glitch but they haven’t reply to the comments 

has any tried to see if they can try it as soon as the next day is available at 5am? Because that is when I was able to make a attempt on the challenges was over the weekend and I was working nights so I was playing it all night. Or tried deleting there save data off there ps4 if they are playing on the ps5? Maybe have two save datas on two different console under the same psn account make it buggy 

I have tried playing the challenge immediately after it becomes available. After a quick loading screen you already have a score and can‘t play it yourself. At no point did it even look like I could play one on my own.

I can‘t say much about the save data because I don‘t own the game on my PS4 but maybe that can also mess things up. I can only say that the challenges can get bugged, even if you only own the game for PS5. 

2 hours ago, dusfire96 said:

Hey I’m able to do the daily challenge today 12/2/21 should be Lilith to mom can anyone else attempt it or is it just me?

For some reason it suddenly works for me too!

Edit:

I was able to complete the challenge without any problems. Hopefully they will still work tomorrow!

Edited by TomPadrok_

Glad to hear that it worked!

I am tempted to just reinstall Rebirth without Afterbirth just so I can unlock the Lost without having to find a trinket. I don't mind doing the four runs as the first three could be done with seeds and I can easily take Azazel to Satan. But I am wondering if I'd lose the achievement in game if I then added in Afterbirth+ and couldn't use the Lost.

1 hour ago, winter_bird_22 said:

Glad to hear that it worked!

I am tempted to just reinstall Rebirth without Afterbirth just so I can unlock the Lost without having to find a trinket. I don't mind doing the four runs as the first three could be done with seeds and I can easily take Azazel to Satan. But I am wondering if I'd lose the achievement in game if I then added in Afterbirth+ and couldn't use the Lost.

Personally if you’re gonna do that I would just play rebirth and get the lost and unlock godhead before installing afterbirth+ it be easier but back up your save just in case if something goes wrong 

Edited by dusfire96

11 minutes ago, TomPadrok_ said:

Todays daily challenge also worked for me and thankfully it is a fairly easy one, as it only requires you to beat It Lives with Isaac.

I really hope they continue to work and don‘t ruin my streak again!

Any tips for the challenge I have a four win streak right now lol 

Edited by dusfire96

10 minutes ago, dusfire96 said:

Any tips for the challenge I have a for win streak right now lol 

There was nothing particularly special about the seed. You can get the X-Ray Glasses early on, which definitely help. The devil deals had a lot of good DMG ups. Two of the gold rooms contained 20/20 and Book of Revelations. I was quite powerful towards the end and could rush the utero-floors.

Edit:

I also just remembered that Mom‘s Foot was in it‘s red aggressive state and that none of the bosses where particularly difficult or frustrating to beat.

Edited by TomPadrok_

Thank man I’ll confirm that the achievements aren’t glitch if I get the fifth win

edit:

I completed my fifth daily and I didn’t unlock the 5 win steak so I think I’m done with this game not gonna waste my time on a broken game

Edited by dusfire96