Daily challenge glitch?

On 3.12.2021 at 0:33 PM, dusfire96 said:

Thank man I’ll confirm that the achievements aren’t glitch if I get the fifth win

edit:

I completed my fifth daily and I didn’t unlock the 5 win steak so I think I’m done with this game not gonna waste my time on a broken game

I‘m very sorry to hear that. The streak must‘ve been broken when the challenge played on it‘s own, which probably means it can never win it (because I‘m at six out of seven victories right now and those were all my own attempts). 

I‘ll report back in case the challenges don‘t bug again and I‘m able to build up a streak of five victories throughout the next couple of days. Hopefully the secret will unlock by the end of it!

Edit:

I have gotten my seventh victory today and unlocked the Broken Modem. It seems like the secrets unlock properly.

Edited by TomPadrok_

Really bad news:

I just got my fifth victory in a row and the secret didn‘t unlock.

Even if you are able to beat five challenges in a row without the challenge bugging out on you, you‘ll still (probably) not get it. None of my attempts had a score of 0 points (which is apparently a known bug) so not even that could explain it. The only thing that might explain this bug is that today‘s challenge is the Satoru Iwata one, which may not contribute to the streak or break it.

Has anyone actually managed to get this secret yet?

I‘ll continue to win challenges and should I unlock something I‘ll post about it here, but right know it seems impossible to unlock the secret …

Edit:

One player seems to have gotten Dead God, so it might just be bugged for me or alternatively the secrets aren‘t required after all. I guess I‘ll find out sooner or later.

Edited by TomPadrok_

I have now won ten daily challenges in a row and still haven‘t unlocked the Cracked Crown.

The only way you seem to be able to get every trophy in the game is to get the secret in Afterbirth + for PS4 and to then import your save data over onto PS5 (unless getting it in Afterbirth + on PS4 is also bugged).

Should I manage to unlock it anyway, I‘ll write about it here, but for the time being one secret makes full completion impossible.

On 24.12.2021 at 3:07 PM, moolahsas said:

Yesterday after update got the secret for 5th victory in a row , it was 9 victory in a row and first after update.

I‘m glad to hear that!

Unfortunately I‘m still struggling with the secret. Some of my runs are viewed by the game as failed attempts, despite grabbing the trophy at the end. In addition I‘m currently at a win streak of seven, but whenever I decide to go for a challenge and win, the latest victory of mine disappears from the leaderboards and I don‘t unlock it. One of those seven victories was deemed a failure by the game. Two of the other victories got taken away from me by the disappearing leaderboards.

My only option right now is to play catch-up. The option to skip a lot of daily challenges and to only go for the easy ones unfortunately doesn‘t seem like a viable strategy anymore (at least for me) …

Edit:

Now I have five victories on the leaderboards but the secret still hasn‘t unlocked. It is either still broken for me or I have to win the challenge consecutively five days in a row. I currently have three victories back to back. If I win the next two days and the secret still doesn‘t unlock, then I‘m probably going to have to give up on it.

Edited by TomPadrok_

• 2 weeks later...

This will probably need to be patched, now when will we finally see a patch in our future? it could take literally months. Now the problem is when they release the patch they might screw up something else. and take a good bunch of months for another fix to come. I really wanted to buy this DLC, since i was a Mac player and they didnt release it there, but im only ever gonna buy it when everything can be done.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Are the daily challenges an online component of the game? If so, are daily challenges required in some way to get 100% of all trophies? Some clarification from experienced players would be helpful as I noticed a similar question to this was asked earlier in the thread.

Yes, they're needed for 100%  It's Cracked Crown and Broken Modem items, plus the Horf challenge (These 3 are unlockables from the online challenges).

Edited by Dark_Overlord

43 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Yes, they're needed for 100%  It's Cracked Crown and Broken Modem items, plus the Horf challenge (These 3 are unlockables from the online challenges).

Thanks for that. Are those 3 unlockables relating to the Real Platinum God trophy, 1001%, 1000000% or ∞% ?

36 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Yes, as all these require everything to be unlocked :)

Sorry I don't think I explained myself well enough on that last question. What I meant was which trophy is the Cracked Crown, Broken Modem & Horf challenge tied to? The real platinum god trophy only or one / more of the DLC packs?

11 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Sorry I don't think I explained myself well enough on that last question. What I meant was which trophy is the Cracked Crown, Broken Modem & Horf challenge tied to? The real platinum god trophy only or one / more of the DLC packs?

It's tied to 1001% or 1000000% not Real Platinum God.

Those daily challenges were introduced as part of the Afterbirth updates.

Also I posted this on another page but if you're struggling with the 5 consecutive wins, backing up your save with win streak and overwriting if you mess up your daily run actuallly works (I did this before repentance hit so I dunno if it still works. I highly doubt it's been reworked so it's worth a try).

TLDR:

Do a backup after each successful daily run (cloud or usb)

If you mess up the next one you can "save" your streak by overwriting the save with broken streak

You still have to wait for the daily reset to retry since you only have 1 try per PSN ID per 24h

The daily run secrets are definitely not tied to the trophies for 1001% or 1000000%. I managed to unlock both of those trophies and still haven‘t unlocked the Cracked Crown. I was also fairly certain it would be connected to one of them, because the daily challenges were definitely added before the Repentance update, but it seems like they aren‘t (at least not for me).

Based on everything I know, I would assume the secrets are only required for the two trophies Death Certificate and Dead God. Everything else should be independent from the daily challenges. 

Edited by TomPadrok_

So looks like there is still some confusion as to which trophies the 3 online daily challenges are actually tied to. Nonetheless I will list the 3 criteria required which are the only online component of this game (feel free to add any that are missing).
- Cracked Crown (Complete 7 daily challenges).
- Horf Challenge (Complete 31 daily challenges).
- Broken Modem (Get a 5 win streak from daily challenges).

9 hours ago, whittle181 said:

So looks like there is still some confusion as to which trophies the 3 online daily challenges are actually tied to. Nonetheless I will list the 3 criteria required which are the only online component of this game (feel free to add any that are missing).
- Cracked Crown (Complete 7 daily challenges).
- Horf Challenge (Complete 31 daily challenges).
- Broken Modem (Get a 5 win streak from daily challenges).

The 3 daily-related secrets were all added in Afterbirth+, so in theory they're required for the 1000000% and Dead God trophies. In practice, there's currently a glitch that unlocks 1000000% after unlocking any 403 secrets rather than the first 403, so they should only be required for Dead God.

• 2 months later...

I took quite a long break from the game‘s Daily Challenges but returned five days ago. To my surprise the Cracked Crown actually unlocked on day five so maybe they did manage to finally fix it.

In case anyone is reading this thread and is still struggling with the secret, I‘m going to go over what I did:

1. I played and won the Daily Challenges for five days in a row

2. I did not play anything else (no normal challenges or the story mode)

3. I had a win streak of 0 for the story mode (perhaps it matters wether it is positive or negative)

4. I always checked the leaderboards after I finished a run

But maybe none of what I did actually matters and it works the way it was always intended to. What was quite weird though, is that on day four I was on the leaderboards twice and when I checked again my name was greyed out. Apparently that didn‘t matter though.

I hope it is working for everyone else too and if anyone needs assistance with the secret or has more questions about it feel free to ask me. I‘ll check the forum regularly for the next couple of days.

Still can‘t believe it unlocked. I have close to sixty wins in this mode and at one point even managed to get a win streak of 16. In total I must have played the challenges for 40 to 50 hours. I‘m just really happy I will never have to play a daily challenge ever again ?

8 hours ago, TomPadrok_ said:

I took quite a long break from the game‘s Daily Challenges but returned five days ago. To my surprise the Cracked Crown actually unlocked on day five so maybe they did manage to finally fix it.

In case anyone is reading this thread and is still struggling with the secret, I‘m going to go over what I did:

1. I played and won the Daily Challenges for five days in a row

2. I did not play anything else (no normal challenges or the story mode)

3. I had a win streak of 0 for the story mode (perhaps it matters wether it is positive or negative)

4. I always checked the leaderboards after I finished a run

But maybe none of what I did actually matters and it works the way it was always intended to. What was quite weird though, is that on day four I was on the leaderboards twice and when I checked again my name was greyed out. Apparently that didn‘t matter though.

I hope it is working for everyone else too and if anyone needs assistance with the secret or has more questions about it feel free to ask me. I‘ll check the forum regularly for the next couple of days.

Still can‘t believe it unlocked. I have close to sixty wins in this mode and at one point even managed to get a win streak of 16. In total I must have played the challenges for 40 to 50 hours. I‘m just really happy I will never have to play a daily challenge ever again 1f605.png

When you say you win five days in a row do you mean like Monday to Friday in a row did you skip a day or two

On 24.3.2022 at 10:40 PM, dusfire96 said:

When you say you win five days in a row do you mean like Monday to Friday in a row did you skip a day or two

I didn‘t skip a single day. I started on Sunday and got my fifth victory on Thursday.

In theory this shouldn‘t matter and this isn‘t the first time I managed to win five times in a row without skipping a day. I honestly don‘t know why it worked this time. Unless they did indeed fix it, which should also mean that skipping days isn‘t a problem. But until someone attempts it there is no guarantee it is going to work.

If five days in a row is the only way to get it, I would advice people to start their streak on a Monday, because every Sunday the goal is to beat Mega-Satan.

Edited by TomPadrok_