Here we go again

MonaSaxPayne

14 minutes ago, a-middleton said:

In the trailer they showed that there’s gonna be a fishing mechanic, does this mean you can’t just jump into the water and grab fish straight out of the water like a maniac?

I think you still can jump in and get salmon, etc. The fishing mechanic may have fish only obtainable my actually fishing. About to check it soon.

Edited by Salt_AU

I'm still confused about this version. Does the PS5 upgrade have improved graphics? Haptics? Adaptive triggers? Or is it literally just a backwards compatible PS4 version with a PS5 trophy list?

Also, is it time to finally try a new build on this version? Or stick with the old reliable stealth archer? ?

53 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

I have the PS5 version downloading now. The anniversary upgrade is a bit unclear to me though. In the store description it only states its for PS4 whilst the Special Edition and the full Anniversary Edition, the one that also has the game, both state PS4 and PS5. Has anyone purchased this yet? Is it just a listing mistake?

You'll be able to grab the PS5 Anniversary pack from the main menu in game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

It's a free upgrade for the Special Edition. It's only $20 if you WANT the Anniversary Edition pack after claiming the free upgrade, which most of us won't bother with, or at least, I won't.

Free upgrade? hmm

image.png

Yeah, I might go for a third stack then! :) 

I've always called it loading screen simulator: north edition, but perhaps this one will have way better load times.

Edited by MMDE

2 hours ago, PayneKillerTears said:

obligatory question.... will the trophies autopop?

Will my achievements/trophies carry over?

Any achievement/trophy progress earned playing on Skyrim Special Edition will carry over to the Anniversary Edition, EXCEPT when upgrading the PlayStation 4 version of the game to the PlayStation 5 version.

https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en/article/5esC91g2ABY1jQ97uq39zW/skyrim-anniversary-edition-faq

2 hours ago, PayneKillerTears said:

obligatory question.... will the trophies autopop?

This isn't a bad shout assuming the list is the same.

The only reason i'd entertain this autopop is the game practically died and glitched beyond repair for me 10yrs ago ultimately denying me of the platinum, so if my current progress trophy wise could carry over, i'd happily put in the extra mileage to get the plat. Scratch that, just remembered I did this on PS3 not PS4, so its a new playthrough.

Failing that I may give this a run out after i've had my GTA Trilogy fix!

Crazy that having had my PS5 for a year now, i'm playing games that are 10-20yrs old on it! ??

Edited by Ashbo
  • Like 2

i have tested it out and you dont need to spend the 20 bucks to get the trophies. If you own the special edition you can get a free ps5 upgrade and with this one you can earn trophies just fine. And i have to say its nice to play this in 4k 60:D Also the loading times are very fast now.

Regarding Auto-pop: you can import your old saves but no autopop. So especially Story trophies all have to be redone, but if you have a save with a maxed char you can cut down the grind for the legendary dragon for example.

PS3 and PS4 Version done, now PS5 and VR is missing too but i will definetly do this as well sometime

Edited by Namenloser1990

Think I’ll buy the anniversary edition for £16 after I’ve got the platinum again. Then ill get into the new stuff, and then once I am satisfied with that I’ll continue playing and exploring, maybe make a few build like I did back on Xbox. So excited to start again. Just started playing and the nostalgia is real :) good times! 
Skyrim belongs to the Nords! 

Edited by FocusDR
Clarified how anniversary edition works

6 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

oh look it is basically resident evil 4 again but with a todd howard sticker on it. 

At least there's been other RE games since then. We haven't had new ES game since 2011 not counting Online of course. 

6 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

oh look it is basically resident evil 4 again but with a todd howard sticker on it. 

At least there's been other RE games since then. We haven't had new ES game since 2011 not counting Online of course. 

6 hours ago, JoshC17 said:

I don't know why they keep releasing Skyrim but not a Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas port/remaster.

As much as I love Skyrim, I'm one of those that's bought it 3 times and I'm playing it right now, I'm with you here. Just a straight port would be enough tbh, the Fallout titles ran so poorly on PS3 a version that just works at all would be incredible

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JoshC17 said:

I don't know why they keep releasing Skyrim but not a Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas port/remaster.

New Vegas was developed by Obsidian, so I assume it wasn't as easy for Bethesda to just port it without going through some legal red tape. Both companies (Obsidian and Bethesda) are owned by Microsoft now, so it might happen in the future, but pretty sure we ain't getting it on the Playstation ☹️

On 11/11/2021 at 6:07 AM, PayneKillerTears said:

how many releases does it have now?

they really are overdoing it 1f612.png

They'll keep charging money for this as long as dumb people keep paying for it lol, for those who are playing for the first time or whatever its a good game, so im not having a go or anything, well, except for those idiots who have thrown their cash at Bethesda for EVERY release of this, they enable this lol but yeah this must be a world record, Bethesda will never release gold so i guess they need to find alternative accolades to keep what little motivation they have rolling, by the way, to anyone debating purchasing anything from Bethesda in the next few years, YES, its going to suck just like everything else, because everything they make will while they persist with using their ANCIENT engine, just a forewarning 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2021 at 0:41 PM, ARH65512 said:

That maybe so but a lot of companies now do that, rockstar with gta 5, xbox with halo 1 to 3. RE4 for Capcom along with any of the street fighter games. And finally Bethesda with skyrim. whatever lighting they had gotten in the bottle has long died out by now

Just now, Great_MazingerZ said:

I highly doubt anyone asked for it, i wonder who would and yet they go ahead and port it but they won't care they just want the cash grab.

If you ask me the only time they should do this is by porting over their older games along with skyrim like morrowwind and oblivion and then skyrim all in one pack then maybe the older ones as well but that is too much effect put in and as I said before all companies now want to do the lazy way just do the one that sold the most. Game preservation is important but most companies don't give a shit.