Savegame Import and autopop?

Sinthoras_96

Will my achievements/trophies carry over?

Any achievement/trophy progress earned playing on Skyrim Special Edition will carry over to the Anniversary Edition, EXCEPT when upgrading the PlayStation 4 version of the game to the PlayStation 5 version.

https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en/article/5esC91g2ABY1jQ97uq39zW/skyrim-anniversary-edition-faq

1 minute ago, Ashbo said:

Will my achievements/trophies carry over?

Any achievement/trophy progress earned playing on Skyrim Special Edition will carry over to the Anniversary Edition, EXCEPT when upgrading the PlayStation 4 version of the game to the PlayStation 5 version.

https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en/article/5esC91g2ABY1jQ97uq39zW/skyrim-anniversary-edition-faq

This^

No and No, you will have to redo this from scratch if you want all the trophies.

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

In that case, there is cross-save (just not mentioned in the FAQ) but no auto-pop 1f914.png.

I can't think what else it could be so possibly. No doubt someone will find out and let us know. I'm having fun with it again. Its still ass as hadvar kept popping in and out when attempting to execute me but damn I'm glad to be back ?

34 minutes ago, Jaspion_8 said:

Its really easy to transfer data but the trophies don't autopop but when you complete like 1 part of the trophy it will pop.
For example when I collected 1 coin it popped the trophy "Golden Touch" (Have 100,000 gold) trophy cause on that save file I already 100,000+ gold.
Or when I picked 1 lock it popped the "Thief" (Pick 50 locks and 50 pockets) trophy.

So it has auto pop in a way but for story quests you will have to do the story again I assume.

Wtf? I transferred my save and when it loads all I get is a black screen but can still hear the music and SFX

10 minutes ago, SaucyBrotato said:

Recently platted this for the first time, but really can't see me spending £16 for what is essentially another Platinum trophy, that's just madness.

You don't have to, the upgrade to the ps5 is free. You can plat the game again without paying anything extra. The £16 is just for some extra bits

57 minutes ago, Jaspion_8 said:

Its really easy to transfer data but the trophies don't autopop but when you complete like 1 part of the trophy it will pop.
For example when I collected 1 coin it popped the trophy "Golden Touch" (Have 100,000 gold) trophy cause on that save file I already 100,000+ gold.
Or when I picked 1 lock it popped the "Thief" (Pick 50 locks and 50 pockets) trophy.

So it has auto pop in a way but for story quests you will have to do the story again I assume.

That's better than nothing at least. So it should be possible to import a character that has a high enough level for a legendary dragon for example and then get that trophy very easily. 

If you're doing it clever it should also be possible to import your Savegame when you're about to complete a story quest and then earn the trophies in both lists, if you haven't played the ps4 version yet. 

That will save a lot of time. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, C-R-A-Z-Y-B-O-Y9 said:

On ps4 or ps5? I only got ps4 but i wanna play again if i can get trophies another time 

I loaded the PS5 upgrade earlier and it showed as 0% in my trophy list, I'd previously platted the PS3 & PS4 version so the PS5 version is plattable again. 

This is awesome news, love Skyrim and I get to play/plat it a third time. Hoping the Witcher 3 gets the same treatment with the PS5 upgrade.

Artty44.png

Deffo going to load in my save and smash out the rubbish trophies 

lvl 50

legendary dragon

100k coin 

lockpick and pickpocket 

misc objectives etc

100 skill and locations

50 books etc 

You could do alot pretty quickly and then just restart the game to enjoy the story 

• Like 2

I can confirm that you can load an autosave and at least quickly pop trophies, not right away but you can, my trophies prove it if anyone wants proof
Things like cumulative trophies work such as clearing 50 dungeons, picking pockets and side quests.

However the 100k gold trophy didn't pop even though I had well over the limit 

14 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

There's a data transfer option on the main menu though, wonder what it does 1f914.png I avoided it as I wanted to play it again 

I can safely say data transfer just brings over your PS4 save file to the PS5 version. 
For me, I stopped my last run because I got locked out of progressing the main story with the Alduin not landing during the flashback bug. I transferred that save into the new version this afternoon just to see if things would auto pop (they don’t) BUT Alduin did finally show up in the flashback. That meant my first trophies in the PS5 Anniversary Special Edition were related to shouts. All three words of a shout as well as that shout being my 20th. So while it does me no good for my near platinum on the PS4 version, I at least got something out of it. 
Didn’t really matter I was planning on starting over with this one anyway. Which I did after that. 

So fresh save for all the story stuff, import over for all the cumulative stuff. With the alchemy/enchanting error abuse, a basic run of the story won't take long. Not looking forward to thief's guild, though, that's such a slog.

On 2021-11-11 at 5:20 AM, Cleggworth said:

There's a data transfer option on the main menu though, wonder what it does 1f914.png I avoided it as I wanted to play it again 

It just loads your chosen save on the PS5 so that you can continue where you left off on the PS4, that’s it. You can transfer over a 100% complete save to play when you feel like it, and still start a whole new game if you want to.

On 2021-11-11 at 6:02 AM, Jaspion_8 said:

Can confirm this works. Transferred my most recent PS4 save where I had 100% of the trophies to the PS5 and loaded the game. The first time I used a standing stone it unlocked Blessed, when I fast travelled to the Heart Stone it immediately unlocked Standing Stones, a single pickpocket of some gold unlocked Thief and then Golden Touch, a single intimidation unlocked Snake Tongue, discovering one new location will unlock Explorer, unlocking the third word in any shout will unlock Thu’um Master, completing a single misc objective will unlock Hero of the People, killing a single dragon and absorbing its soul will unlock Dragon Soul and Dragon Hunter, levelling up once will unlock Apprentice, Adept, Expert, and Master, so while there is no auto-pop you definitely seem to be able to unlock some of the trophies just by doing whatever the requirements are once, or one more time, etc.

On 2021-11-11 at 10:29 AM, SirShavesALot said:

How does the game look and run on the PS5?  I've actually never played Skyrim even though I own the PS4 SE.  Is it a noticeable improvement or just some minor enhancements?

The main difference is that it runs smoother and loads faster. The graphics are “better” but then we’re taking about a PS3 game that’s been ported to PS4 and then PS5, so while it looks alright it’s definitely not going to win any awards for visual fidelity. This is not a Demon’s Souls type of remaster. It’s somewhat better but still looks clunky in the same way it did for the PS4 version.

Edited by Swotam
Added details
  • Like 1

Has anyone been able to pop the 15 Daedric Artifacts or any of the Hearthfire building related trophies on an old save? Could get most of the grindy ones pop on my old 100% save but couldn't get those ones to pop. Oh well the artifact related quests were the best content in my opinion so not a huge setback. :)